343 Industries just released a new content update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection which aims to improve the Matchmaking experience which many players have had issues with since launch.
- Made a change to allow for matches to start once minimum player counts are met, allowing for faster matching times.
- Made an update to resolve issues that caused false matches to be created, which resulted in a variety of matchmaking issues, including slow matchmaking and bad session starts.
- Streamlined the process for maintaining party continuity through the matchmaking process.
- Made an update to the high-level matchmaking flow that will reset lobbies after each match. Moving forward, players and party leaders need to press “B” after the post-game-carnage report, and select a playlist for their next match. This flow is consistent with previous Halo titles.
- Improved user experience through removal of non-actionable error messages. This will allow for a more seamless matchmaking flow with less interruption and confusion.
- Improved the post-game experience to fix an issue that could result in a player getting sent to another player’s lobby, rather than returning to the matchmaking screen.
It is worth noting this update will NOT address unbalanced teams in Matchmaking:
“Please note that while this update will improve team balance issues, we do not expect it to fully resolve uneven teams. Our next content update, targeted for early next week, will address team balance.”
The next content update which is currently on track for release next week will address unbalanced teams:
@TheLittleMoa @Agent_Artio next patch will address uneven teams
— che chou (@chespace) December 4, 2014
For more information on today’s content update, check out the official blog post over at Halo Waypoint.
Have you noticed any improvement in Matchmaking since this content update released? Discuss it on our forums now!
Source: Halo Waypoint