The time has finally come; after months of rumors, leaks, and speculation among the Halo community and internet, Halo: The Master Chief Collection has been revealed during Microsoft’s E3 2014 Press Conference.
The Master Chief Collection has been a long awaited (and heavily discussed) title in the Halo franchise over the last few months. Earlier this year it was leaked on NeoGAF that the collection would be coming, and later on it was “confirmed” by Engadget sources.
The Halo: The Master Chief Collection will include the following features and items:
- 60 FPS
- Dedicated Servers
- 1 bundle, no plans to separate them
- 93 competitive MP maps (6 completely re-imagines maps)
- Ascension, Lockout and Zanzibar are listed as re-made so far
- 50 Spartan Ops Missions from Halo 4
- 45 campaign missions from Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Ranking system confirmed
- Custom games confirmed
- Split-screen confirmed
- Theater is back for Halo 3 and Halo 4
- LAN play is being worked on, no confirmation yet
- Universal Map/Game Voting (Can pick from Halo 1-4 in Matchmaking)
- Forge will be included for Halo 2 Anniversary, 3, and 4
- File shares from Xbox 360 version won’t carry over
- 4000 Xbox Gamerscore
- Terminals are back
- $60 Price Tag
- Halo 5 Beta Key
- No news on PC version
Halo: The Master Chief Collection launches November 11th, 2014 on the Xbox One. Were you expecting this exciting reveal? Share your thoughts on the Beyond Entertainment forums now!