1) All rules are subject to change at any time. All players must read and understand the rules before competing. In the event of any dispute, any member of Beyond Staff have final say in the matter.
2) You must live in North America to compete in online ASTRO Battles Gears of War events.
3) ASTRO Battles events must be played on an Xbox One console with Controller.
4) Any spam or disrespectful messages towards Beyond staff may result in suspension from the site or tournaments.
5) Brackets will be generated at approximately 10 minutes before the official start time.
6) Check-In is available on a first come, first serve basis. The first teams to finalize their rosters and check in will receive spots in bracket.
7) If you reach the Semifinals or Grand Finals of an ASTRO Battles tournament, you will be playing on stream. Players may not play streamed matches outside of Beyond's streamed lobby.
1) Ineligible gamertags or incorrect contact info on a roster will lead to automatic forfeit of the tournament.
2) Players are only permitted to enter once per tournament. If you are caught evading this rule, all of your rosters will be ejected from the event.
3) You must own and use your own Xbox Live gamertag in official Beyond tournaments. If you are caught sharing accounts, or playing under multiple names, you will be banned/suspended from the site.
4) Teams with inappropriate or vulgar names will be altered or removed. Intentionally evading the filter may result in a ban.
Best of 1 Matches
Streamed Matches: Semifinals & Grand Finals (Best of 3)
If a setting is not listed, it must not be changed from the in-game default.
Maps: Boxes, Mid, Arena, Annex (Rotation viewable on your match details page)
Game Mode: 2v2 Gnashers
2v2 Gnashers Options:
Rounds to Win: 10
Friendly Fire: On
Gameplay Tuning: Assist Disabled
Weapon Substitutions: None
Lobby Browser Visibility: Not Visible
RESTRICTED SKINS & CHARACTERS
Each team is only allowed one iteration of any character on their team at one time, irrespective of character skin. For example, “Esports Kait” is the same as “Armored Kait”.
A COG Team cannot have one player using a Marcus skin and another using Batista.
The following Character skins are banned from Gears Esports play:
Terminator T-800 (Swarm)
Terminator Rev-9 (Swarm)
The following weapon skins are banned from Gears Esports play:
The higher seeded team in a tournament match is responsible for organizing the private match lobby and inviting the opposing players. If you do not receive contact or responses from your opponents, please read below for info regarding no-show procedures.
After opening a private match lobby and inviting your opponents, the lobby host is required to modify the in-game settings to match those listed above.
Beginning a match with the incorrect settings may lead to forfeiture of games or the full match. Any settings disputes must include proof and be filed from your match details page.
Lower seeded team may choose their team's player Faction.
NO-SHOWS AND ATTENDANCE
1) Each player has a total of 15 minutes to show up for their match. If a player is not present after 15 minutes have elapsed, his/her team may be disqualified by their opponents.
2) If your opponent is not present at your match start time, please submit a dispute via your Match Details page – see your Tournament Profile to inspect match details.
3) Players may agree to play tournament matches ahead of schedule, but only when their match details have been published and are viewable on the bracket. Early matches played by full rosters listed on a bracket match will be treated as official tournament results.
1) Both teams are required to report their match results from their match details page. Failure to submit results on time will lead to an automatic loss.
2) Screenshots of the end-of-game results may be necessary to verify a win in the case of conflicting results/disputes. It is recommended that you record the results of your matches after they are completed.
3) Deliberately not submitting results or submitting false reports will lead to a ban from Beyond events.
4) Under certain circumstances, Beyond staff holds the right to force a match result if a team violates rules or causes further issues.
5) If the match is unplayable, please contact a Beyond Staff member by filing a dispute on your Match Details page.
CONNECTION AND DISCONNECTS
1) If a player disconnects from a game before the first round is scored, the game is replayed. If a player disconnects after the first round is scored, the game is forfeited or continued with a numbers disadvantage. If possible, rejoining a match after a disconnect is permitted.
2) If players experience connectivity issues, they must complete the game and immediately submit a dispute with recorded proof to notify admins and petition for a replay.
3) Ample proof/evidence of disruptive connectivity issues is required to enforce a replay or dispute of match. This proof must be in the form of recorded video via Xbox DVR or an external capture device.
4) Abusing these rules by deliberately leaving matches or manipulating connections will lead to ejection from the tournament and a ban from the site.
DISPUTES AND PROOF
1) If you have any problems with your match, you must submit a dispute through your match details page or our official Discord channels.
2) Both parties are responsible for having valid proof in case of a dispute. This must be a high-quality screenshot or video of your match recorded via Xbox DVR or an external HD capture device.
3) Proof must be submitted through the dispute system. Tweets, private messages, DMs, etc. are not valid forms of proof/dispute submission.
4) Any disputes or proof you send through the dispute system must be clearly visible and understandable. You must include all of the relevant information. Failure to do this will lead to an invalid claim that will be dismissed. Incoherent message spam will also result in ejection from the event.
5) Any video and photo evidence must be available on an easily accessed website such as YouTube, Imgur, or Twitter. Any links to file downloads will be ignored.
6) Losing a dispute in regards to cheating or tampering of any kind may lead to a ban. Submitting false reports will also lead to a ban from all events.
1) Cheating or deliberately breaking rules in any way is strictly prohibited. If caught cheating, you will be permanently banned from Beyond tournaments.
2) Game exploits that negatively affect the competitive environment of a tournament match are prohibited.
3) If you believe an opponent is cheating, you must provide proof with your claim. The accused cheating is innocent until proven guilty. If you submit a deliberate false report, you may be receive equal repercussions.