Tournament check-in closes 15 minutes before the bracket is generated. If you are not checked in to the tournament, you will not secure a spot in bracket.
1) All rules are subject to change at any time. All players must read and understand the rules before competing. In the event of any disputes, any member of Beyond Staff have final say in the matter.
2) You must use your own Steam/PSN account in official Beyond tournaments. If you are caught sharing your account with another player, you will be banned.
3) Teams with inappropriate or vulgar names will be locked. Intentionally evading the filter may result in a ban.
4) Any spam or disrespectful messages towards Beyond staff may result in a ban.
5) Brackets will be generated approximately 10 minutes before the official start time. At this time incomplete teams will be automatically removed.
6) After a period of inactivity, incomplete teams may be removed from the bracket by Beyond Staff prior to tournament start.
7) If your team advances to the Semi-Finals / Grand Finals of a tournament, you will be featured in our broadcasted matches and may not proceed in bracket until contacted by a tournament administrator to join the streamed lobby. Ignoring staff invites and messages may result in DQ.
MAPS, GAMETYPES, AND SETTINGS
1) The Rocket League private match settings are as follows:
Game Mode: Soccar
Arena (Select One):
DFH Stadium (Standard, Day, & Stormy)
Mannfield (Standard, Stormy, & Night)
Utopia Coliseum (Standard & Dusk)
Champions Field (Standard & Day)
Urban Central (Standard, Dawn, & Night)
Team Size: 1v1
Bot Difficulty: No Bots
Mutator Settings: Custom (Select “Restore to Defaults” to ensure mutator settings are correct.)
Region (Select one): US-East or US-West
Joinable By: Name/Password
2) The Rocket League settings listed above are NOT allowed to be altered in any way unless specified by Beyond.
3) Tampering with rules or settings will result in an automatic forfeit for the current game.
NO-SHOWS AND ATTENDANCE
1) Each team has a total of 15 minutes to show up for their match. After 10 minutes, the first round is lost. After 5 more minutes, the entire match is forfeited.
2) If a team doesn't show up, this must be reported through the dispute system.
LEGEND AND TERMINOLOGY
Tournament Time Zone: Beyond Staff organizes our brackets using EST/EDT. You can also set your personal time zone in your profile settings.
Dispute: If a match cannot be completed for any reason, or teams believe in conflicting results a dispute will be made. Disputes can be submitted manually (on the Match Details page) and will be automatically generated if teams submit conflicting scores.
Beyond Staff: Staff members who will manage disputes and tournament results. Moderators do not have involvement with Beyond tournaments and should not be contacted. Improper contact with a Staff member (i.e. outside of disputes) will result in dismissal from the tournament.
1) Your match must be completed unless both teams agree to cancel the match. Under certain circumstances, Beyond staff holds the right to force a match result if a team violates rules or causes further issues.
2) The higher ranked/seeded team will host the entire match for Tournaments/Ladders held for Rocket League.
3) The higher seeded team must be play on the Orange team, while the lower seeded team must play on the Blue team.
4) A connection test is highly recommended to avoid issues during your scheduled match. Simply load a stadium or game mode that is NOT in your schedule. If the match is unplayable, please contact a Beyond Staff member by filing a dispute on your Match Details page.
5) Each team is given a maximum of five minutes in between games in their match. Whether you’re taking a break, going to the restroom, or discussing strategy, after 5 minutes, the next game must be started, otherwise the team that is not ready to begin will forfeit that game. For every five minutes that a team is not present to play in between games, they will forfeit an additional game.
1) Cheating or deliberately breaking rules in any way is strictly prohibited. If caught cheating, you will be permanently banned from the Beyond website and forum.
2) The use of any glitches are strictly prohibited unless specified on our "whitelist". Any other exploits may be disputed, but Beyond staff reserve the right to have final say in the matter.
3) If you believe an opponent is cheating, you must provide proof with your claim. The accused cheating is innocent until proven guilty. If you submit a deliberate false report, you may be banned.
CONNECTIONS AND DISCONNECTIONS
1) If a player disconnects or quits during the match, their team forfeits the game, unless both teams agree to replay the same game. If a player disconnects BEFORE the initial kickoff, the game must be restarted.
2) If both parties cannot connect to each other, you must submit a dispute ticket so Beyond staff members can resolve the issue. Rulings will be handled on a case by case basis.
3) Abusing these rules by deliberately leaving matches or manipulating connections will lead to a ban.
4) If the player/host responsible for hosting the lobby in a tournament, starts the match before the designated round start time, that player/host of the lobby will be disqualified.
1) All Steam/PSN accounts on the roster must be valid and must be owned by the respective player. Caught playing on another account will lead to a ban.
2) Ineligible players on a roster will lead to automatic forfeit.
3) Players are only permitted to have one team per tournament. If you are caught evading this rule, you will be banned.
1) Both opponents are required to report their match results. Failure to submit results in time will lead to an automatic loss.
2) Deliberately not submitting results or submitting false reports will lead to a ban or team lock.
DISPUTES AND PROOF
1) If you have any problems with your match, you must submit a dispute through the Beyond website or our official Discord channels.
2) Both teams are responsible for having valid proof in case of a dispute. This can be a screenshot of the match score or a video recording of the issue.
3) Proof must be submitted through the dispute system.
4) Any disputes or proof you send through the dispute system must be clearly visible and understandable. You must include all of the relevant information. Failure to do this will lead to an invalid claim that will be dismissed.
5) Any video and photo evidence must be available on an easily accessed website such as YouTube, Imgur, or Twitter. Any links to file downloads will be ignored.
6) Losing a dispute in regards to cheating or tampering of any kind may lead to a ban.