Beyond Entertainment

Halo eSports: Looking ahead to Halo 5: Guardians

Halo 5: Guardians HCS Poll  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel that there were enough HCS LAN events in HCS Seasons 1 & 2?

• Yes, there were plenty of HCS LAN Events
    • No, we need more HCS LAN Events
  2. 2. Would you like to see Halo 5: Guardians HCS events hosted by MLG (Major League Gaming)?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you feel that the HCS Season 2 Prize Pools were substantial enough?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do you feel the content & coverage of HCS Season 2 was sufficient?

• Yes
    • No

dont know why people complain about the banshee and other community videos they think should be taken out.

There is a Halo community that exists outside of this website. I think 343 attempts to be inclusive to all other communities and they should. Just because this community did not enjoy the banshee video does not mean there is no audience for it.

People just get annoyed because it isn't relevant content for a stream / production based on extreme competition.

People just get annoyed because it isn't relevant content for a stream / production based on extreme competition.

I dunno if this would be an unfair comparison but imagine if FIFA started playing soccer videos from 10 year olds on a school playground during break. Nobody wants to see that at a competitive soccer tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dunno if this would be an unfair comparison but imagine if FIFA started playing soccer videos from 10 year olds on a school playground during break. Nobody wants to see that at a competitive soccer tournament.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is an interesting and encouraging thread. Thanks for posting that old message to Neighbor I wrote, Moa. Hopefully he read it and listened.

• Upvote (+1) 9

This is an interesting and encouraging thread. Thanks for posting that old message to Neighbor I wrote, Moa. Hopefully he read it and listened.

Really stuck with me and I hope it stuck with the pro team.

<3

"A huge thing that 343 Industries are doing with REQ packs in Halo 5: Guardians is the tie-ins for the Halo Championship Series. Every time somebody purchases a new REQ pack from the Xbox Games Store, a select cut of that will be used for the Halo Championship Series. At the time of the interview, Holmes said that the exact percentages have yet to be finalized but they are continuously discussing it every day. Holmes also said that they have talked about potential skins related to HCS teams such as a skin for OpTic Gaming, Evil Geniuses, etc but nothing is finalized yet and once it has, we will know about it. An idea he mentioned was offering a special skin to the teams who won a championship."

^ no reason for the prize pool to not increase for season 3

Wait? Did Halo 5 suddenly become good? Or is it still largely the pile of trash we played in the BETA?

I don't understand the hype right now either...Let's just sit back and watch

Pretty sure prize pool was provided, could be wrong but it's a safe assumption

I was told it was not provided. That 343 provided nothing and roughly 40k came from other sponsors.

I don't understand the hype right now either...Let's just sit back and watch

Some of us actually enjoyed the beta

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wait? Did Halo 5 suddenly become good? Or is it still largely the pile of trash we played in the BETA?

I'm confused how this post is heavily voted down...

That second bit.

But this post is voted up...

Some of us actually enjoyed the beta

Well I don't enjoy low quality children's games, so to each their own I guess. Again, I'll just wait to see new gameplay before I personally see H5 as DOA

I'm confused how this post is heavily voted down...

But this post is voted up...

Things have been weird 'round there parts lately...

• Downvote (-1) 11

Bashing halo 5 by calling it a children's game..

Lol

Lol Humpflung acting like hes not gonna be playing day 1.

And wow only 2 maps at the invitational is lame.

• Upvote (+1) 1

INB4 H5 has only 3 good maps and they are the only ones in rotation

3 might be on the high side...

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 might be on the high side...

All depends on the Static timers really, if they are slow as balls then we might have a bit of an issue

Let's get this out of the way;

-No Pit remakes

-No Sanc remakes

-No Midship clones. Seriously. We did that in Halo 3 even after we got Midship. That was stupid.

If we are going to put any Forge maps into HCS and matchmaking, we should only put a pair from each canvas available. One symmetric, one asymmetric.

• Upvote (+1) 3

-No Midship clones.

Wasn't the very first Halo 5 map we found out about inspired by Midship?

Let's get this out of the way;

-No Pit remakes

-No Sanc remakes

-No Midship clones. Seriously. We did that in Halo 3 even after we got Midship. That was stupid.

If we are going to put any Forge maps into HCS and matchmaking, we should only put a pair from each canvas available. One symmetric, one asymmetric.

Halo-5-Guardians-Truth-1.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't the very first Halo 5 map we found out about inspired by Midship?

Redundancy is something popular for the more known forgers like SaLot and Fated Fire. No offense to them, but most of their material is directly inspired by maps that already exist. If they, or anyone else, decide to put something in matchmaking, it had better not be a Midship clone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Redundancy is something popular for the more known forgers like SaLot and Fated Fire. No offense to them, but most of their material is directly inspired by maps that already exist. If they, or anyone else, decide to put something in matchmaking, it had better not be a Midship clone.

Why not? We haven't played Midship competitively for almost 6 years.

It's a fantastic competitive 4's map. It's also the best FFA map to ever exist in Halo.

Why not? We haven't played Midship competitively for almost 6 years.

It's a fantastic competitive 4's map. It's also the best FFA map to ever exist in Halo.

I'd say Onyx and Simplex count.