CyReN

Halo Wars 2 Discussion

Really tried to get into the multiplayer last night but it's just not genre, at all.

I'll buy it for the story and stuff and I'm happy it's back for the people who love it, but I just don't like it.

It starts off so slow, then it's a 5 minute rush and it's over.

I haven't been experiencing this at all when I have played. Is this occurring when you are ranked?

My screen freezes or crashes literally every other game. I am so sick of shitty non-functional releases. So fucking sick of it. I hate this generation of gaming.

On a brighter note, I'm starting to get the hang of this game (I think). Only lost maybe 2 games out of 30.

Reposting my experience with Halo Wars 2 so far.

After one day of playing, Halo Wars 2 is fun so far. I have been experiencing some hiccups during my matches such as the Mac Blasts and Healing drones not showing up on my screen when activated (The game registers it happened, but doesn't show the particles), frame rate issues (I get it is a beta, but it's still an annoyance), and my camera becoming self-aware and changing its speed randomly throughout the match. Not sure on how I feel about units since I haven't analyzed them in depth yet; I've been too busy gushing over the beta itself.

There's a couple of things I would like sometime during the week if possible (most likely won't happen):

1. Individual colors for teammates (like Halo Wars 1). This makes it easier for me to find my units and bases. Right now, I'm having trouble finding my stuff. The size of the minimap may have an effect on this also, which is another thing that bothers me a bit.

2. The size of the minimap feels too small. At least for me anyway. Not sure if that's just my eyesight going to shit, but an increase in the size would be good. Or make it an option in the settings.  

3. More units and upgrades. Right now there's not a whole lot of units and upgrades (for the units) to test and play with (at least on the USNC). There are no upgrades for each individual air unit and only one upgrade for the Scorpion tank, which is the only UNSC vehicle that has an upgrade. 

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll play some more matches and try think of any more things I can come up with. 

Just an update to the bugs I have encountered. I have noticed bullets and explosions in general, are not showing as well. Another issue I had was the beta freezing on me when it was syncing/loading my data on the start screen and had to close the app and restart. Only had that once so far, but it is worse for others from what I have read.

I haven't been experiencing this at all when I have played. Is this occurring when you are ranked?

I played two games, didn't have fun in any of them.

OK here is my feedback. from a long Starcraft player. If anyone from the devteam comes to this forums. (Aside from the low framerate and the connection issues)

-Why force 2v2 ?? Strategy games have always been about 1v1

-The only reason i been able to circle to the UI easily is because i had experience from HW1, the tutorial doesnt say much, for instance you can Select All units and circle to differents typs with the right trigger.

- The units move too slow

- The supply cap is too low, you can literally reach max units by building 12 Warthogs (you could make 30 in HW1)

- You have too many starting units, basically forcing you to rush the first point, since the neutral units that defend it are too weak. 

- I like the idea of the objectives but i dont like the idea of having units to contested from the beginning of the game, you literally start at 20/60 1/3 of the supply. 

- Units have few upgrades and only 1 ability (Y) and basically is press Y to do more damage. 

Fun fact after playing HW2 i went and played a match of HW1, omg the game felt so smooth and responsive, and the graphics dont look that much improved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a way to attack-move? It's the most fundamental RTS command and I can't figure out how to do it.

Not a good first impression for this game tbh. Very jankey, incomplete tutorial, and no settings or options to change.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a way to attack-move? It's the most fundamental RTS command and I can't figure out how to do it.

Not a good first impression for this game tbh. Very jankey, incomplete tutorial, and no settings or options to change.

In this game everything is atack move, and the only unit that can shoot while moving is the Tank, is very dificulto to kite since there isnt a "move" command and units move too slow .

I just played on game. I was hoping for more creative decisions to be made by CA. It looks liike they just copied what Ensemble did and made a few refinements. If this seems to be the case at launch, I'll either rent the game at redbox or wait for it to go on sale to play the story, exactly what I should have done with the first game. This type of gameplay is not made for replayability.

I'm going to play more games of course but my first impression isn't a good one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 days in and i still cant get passed the opening credits.

GG

Open the game and leave it for 3-4 minutes.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 days in and i still cant get passed the opening credits.

GG

after you click the start button you have to spam the b button until it takes you to the next menu

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find the game to just be poor all around. I even enjoyed HW1 despite being someone that has played a lot of RTS in my time like SC, SC2, Warcraft, AoE, etc but this game is just weak. The unit cap is pathetic and the performance doesn't even really make a lot of sense despite being a beta. I feel like I'm playing a very early tech demo with how often things break. Calling it a beta is hilarious even if they meant it in the strictest of senses instead of being a glorified demo like most betas are these days.

Damn, doesn't even look worth a download from the looks of this thread.   lol.  Maybe it will be better by the time the PC version comes to beta.  I'm gonna go ahead and pass on the Bizone beta, really bad vibes after reading just this page.   

Seems like everyone is just afking for the req packs?

Only played 1 game where someone actually played.

Yeah i was going to get HW2 on release date, after playing that alpha build im not getting it. At least tried to play 10 games managed to finish 1, the game lags and has huge frame drops and the unit cap is ridiculous. Just by the unit cap alone you can tell the developers of this game know nothing about Strategy games.

Just by the unit cap alone you can tell the developers of this game know nothing about Strategy games.

I wouldn't say that. They might be following Dawn of War 2's style, which emphasizes strong squads, but low unit caps.

Now if only I could get the fucking game to work.

I wouldn't say that. They might be following Dawn of War 2's style, which emphasizes strong squads, but low unit caps.

Now if only I could get the fucking game to work.

You can max by making 12 warthogs. Or 4 scorpions hahahaha is a joke.

Nothing in this beta makes you think, "that's a thoughtful improvement on the previous Halo Wars."

It's all the same, just with more bugs and less stability. What is this game bringing to the table compared to the last one? I was expecting a more refined control scheme at least, particularly when it comes to economy and production management.

Nothing in this beta makes you think, "that's a thoughtful improvement on the previous Halo Wars."

It's all the same, just with more bugs and less stability. What is this game bringing to the table compared to the last one? I was expecting a more refined control scheme at least, particularly when it comes to economy and production management.

Creative Assembly has their D team working on this.

Im starting to think that HW1 was an accident, a lucky one. This game (HW2) feels like a downgrade, even graphically the game isnt improving much, it doesnt even run at 60fps.

You can max by making 12 warthogs. Or 4 scorpions hahahaha is a joke.

Last time I checked, DoW II capped at 5-6-ish Infantry squads.

Last time I checked, DoW II capped at 5-6-ish Infantry squads.

In HW1 you could make 30 Warthogs or 10 Tanks. plus you could put Spartans on Tanks much cooler.

In HW1 you could make 30 Warthogs or 10 Tanks. plus you could put Spartans on Tanks much cooler.

And? You had a shit-ton more units in Dawn of War I than you did in Dawn of War II.