CyReN

Halo Wars 2 Discussion

Wow just watched the trailer for Halo Wars 2 and the trailer reminded me of Halo 3's Finish the Fight Campaign marketing.

And i consider Halo 3's Finish the fight campaign the best video game marketing there ever was. 

Wow just watched the trailer for Halo Wars 2 and the trailer reminded me of Halo 3's Finish the Fight Campaign marketing.

And i consider Halo 3's Finish the fight campaign the best video game marketing there ever was.

It reminded me of the Believe commercial, with Chopin in the background. Loved it.

As a person who has religiously paying Halo Wars 1 over the past 6 months, I'll be diving deep into the Beta. Have to head out for today and tomorrow but takeaways after the first few games.

• Organization & Presentation In-Game is much, much worse
  • Menus and Game Stability is very, very bad
  • Game is more complex, but I don't know if this is good or bad yet. Probably a little bit of both.

Is it just me or do game go by really really quick in this game? At least in the Domination game mode.

Is anyone else taking forever to download? I'm painfully creeping along here at 24% :c

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is anyone else taking forever to download? I'm painfully creeping along here at 24% :c

Yep, mine's at 87% after 8 or 9 hours. 60Mbps connection working fine, otherwise.

My experience so far

Stuck at menu, reboot, stuck at menu, reboot, made it through okay.

Start game, game ends before it even starts, I win.

Second game, one person quits, easy win.

Third game, get contested at Point A, defeat him, he quits, other guy quits, we win.

Fun.....

Haven't played an RTS since Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun in the early 2000's when I was a small child. Needless to say I just got stomped in my first game lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

How long does a "game" in HW2 take? My buddy said I can get 3 free gold packs if I demo 5 games in HW2. Deciding if it's worth it or not.

Microsoft servers are trash at downloads. The game should take 20minutes to download on my 100mbs connection.

My experience so far

Stuck at menu, reboot, stuck at menu, reboot, made it through okay.

Start game, game ends before it even starts, I win.

Second game, one person quits, easy win.

Third game, get contested at Point A, defeat him, he quits, other guy quits, we win.

Fun.....

My thought is that many console players have very little RTS experience. Many people probably don't know what they are doing and quit. Puts this game in a weird situation for a beta because there is no single player for people to get used to the mechanics. 

How long does a "game" in HW2 take? My buddy said I can get 3 free gold packs if I demo 5 games in HW2. Deciding if it's worth it or not.

Way faster than grinding 30000 points in H5
  • Upvote (+1) 3

This beta should be called Menu Wars 2, because I struggle to get past them. Played a good amount of matches though and will share my impressions at a later time.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Dunno if I'm late, or if your download finished, but I just restarted my Xbox when I began to progress slower in said download. Certainly boosted it forward at a much quicker pace.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm 7/1 so far, last time I played an RTS was first HW lol. My only strategy is to rush the domination points at the start so by the time the other team leaves their base they are like down 2k points.

Really tried to get into the multiplayer last night but it's just not genre, at all.

I'll buy it for the story and stuff and I'm happy it's back for the people who love it, but I just don't like it.

It starts off so slow, then it's a 5 minute rush and it's over.

Really tried to get into the multiplayer last night but it's just not genre, at all.

I'll buy it for the story and stuff and I'm happy it's back for the people who love it, but I just don't like it.

Literally just rush out of your base and cap everything you can with your initial units, build an insane amount of supply pads, and just spam marines. Went 9-1 lol.

Just wait for the good kids to figure out the meta, then emulate them. :kappa:

But really, a lot of core Halo players think in terms "what would be good in real Halo gameplay", but in reality the most effective strategy is to think about each unit in a vacuum and purely in terms of numbers and quantity. Watching some high level Halo Wars 1 gameplay is really helpful since it helps get you in that mindset.  And that slow start is on purpose unfortunately, since in the original the general populace had trouble deflecting early game rushes. 

It's not the typical RTS but I'm fine with that. I view Halo Wars the same way I view Halo CE. CE was never a true Arena game but it had elements that made it good.

I keep getting stuck at the "Thank you for participating in this beta" message menu where it says to press A to continue. I spam A but it never goes to the next screen. I have reset console a few times and re downloaded beta but it won't get to the main menu.......HALP  :tear:

I keep getting stuck at the "Thank you for participating in this beta" message menu where it says to press A to continue. I spam A but it never goes to the next screen. I have reset console a few times and re downloaded beta but it won't get to the main menu.......HALP  :tear:

Just keep quitting the build and trying, or wait longer after pressing A.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is the Beta 2v2 ?. Why does the game freezes all of the sudden and stops working??. Why is the population cap 60 when a warthog is 5 suply