CyReN

Halo Wars 2 Discussion

S0M1vtu.jpg

Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition will cost $79.99, will come with the following:

Halo Wars 2 base game

Halo Wars 2 season pass - story DLC, new leaders and content

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition - an enhanced version of the original Halo Wars that runs natively on Xbox One and Windows 10. Halo Wars: Definitive Edition includes improved graphics and all of the DLC created for the classic real-time strategy game.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Bundle/Halo-Wars-2-Ultimate-Edition/90a5bfc1-8e14-4fb6-9e9d-25c1e6edbb67

• Upvote (+1) 2

wish the beta would have been on PC too.  I'm pretty sure it is only available on xbox. 

I'm curious as to what the season pass entails -- will we need to have it for things that split the player base like new maps, or just stuff like the new campaign?

In other news, seems as though they're looking into HW2 as an esport. I can see it happening if they do it on PC. There's a niche there after SC2's decline and with the proper support, and if the game is actually competitively viable, I can see it working.

Anyone else having problems downloading the beta? If I search for it in the Store it finds me a file called "Legdrop" with no images and no description which weights 13 Gbs like the beta but it says it's not available.

I have the latest preview update for Xbox One.

As a person who has religiously paying Halo Wars 1 over the past 6 months, I'll be diving deep into the Beta. Have to head out for today and tomorrow but takeaways after the first few games.

• Organization & Presentation In-Game is much, much worse
  • Menus and Game Stability is very, very bad
  • Game is more complex, but I don't know if this is good or bad yet. Probably a little bit of both.

Anyone else having problems downloading the beta? If I search for it in the Store it finds me a file called "Legdrop" with no images and no description which weights 13 Gbs like the beta but it says it's not available.

I have the latest preview update for Xbox One.

It's because you're in the preview.

Search for it on Xbox.com or the Xbox app, it'll show up. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's be fair the Beta is almost a year from actual release.

But in the same breath, Halo 5's worked very smoothly, despite being 10 months from launch. This is 8 and a half, or so months away. I'm not asking it to work flawlessly, sure, and I expect errors/glitches, but having to restart it eight times in an attempt to do ANYTHING, before just opting for a reinstall? That's kinda a buzzkill. 

Downloading the beta now. This unstability talk is making me sad. Anyway, can't wait. Did they stick with static bases?

Downloading the beta now. This unstability talk is making me sad. Anyway, can't wait. Did they stick with static bases?

Pretty sure they did, as per the intro video in the menu. 

Does anyone know how crossplay chat is going to work? Will we be able to use the party app to chat with players on Windows 10 or will we be forced to use Skype or something else?

Literally can't even get into a game with how much the beta's UI freezes and such. Goodie.

Same here.

Been trying for over 20mins and cant get into a menu or anything past the opening credits. Sigh

Beta is working fine for me, played 3 games so far. It's not really my style of RTS though. I prefer to sit back and amass a big army but this game mode obviously encourages pushing out fairly quickly, combine that with the fairly low pop limit and it's not really my sort of thing.

The main menu spartan looks amazing. Can Spartans go back to looking like that?

• Upvote (+1) 2