CyReN

Halo Wars 2 Discussion

so hyped for Halo Wars 2 , i cant wait for an army of pc suicide grunts lmao.  

i just built my first custom pc, so im glad 343 hired a real dev to make this.  HCS for Halo Wars 2??? pls?

That would be pretty interesting. By 2016 Microsoft can have a solid list of competitive "esports" titles to support. They have Killer Instinct which is getting Season 3, they'll have both Gears and Halo, Halo Wars for an RTS on both PC and Console with I assume cross platform play, and then there's Smite which is already established by Hi Rez but is just something else Microsoft can support.

MLG(Microsoft League Gaming) when?

• Upvote (+1) 1

That would be pretty interesting. By 2016 Microsoft can have a solid list of competitive "esports" titles to support. They have Killer Instinct which is getting Season 3, they'll have both Gears and Halo, Halo Wars for an RTS on both PC and Console with I assume cross platform play, and then there's Smite which is already established by Hi Rez but is just something else Microsoft can support.

MLG(Microsoft League Gaming) when?

Xbox Elite Series 2016

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo Wars was fun to me. Only rts game I ever played

I feel really bad that I missed out on the first Halo Wars now... Agh, the hype is real.

Halo Wars was great fun.  It was no stracraft as far as competitive play and balance, but still fun. 

As someone who started out gaming with the original command & conquer on PC, i'm more than excited for this.

Would be nice if this is actually competitive :) There's a big Brood War-shaped hole in the competitive RTS scene.

Question: I'm at some point going to get Halo 5, but should I just bite the wait time and get Halo Wars 2 first? Halo Reach becoming operable on the One is making me have wobbly legs about where to go first...

Question: I'm at some point going to get Halo 5, but should I just bite the wait time and get Halo Wars 2 first? Halo Reach becoming operable on the One is making me have wobbly legs about where to go first...

If you can wait a year, sure. But you'll 100% get the campaign spoiled for you.

Probably not surprising but we won't see anything else about Halo Wars 2 until next year.

If mouse and keyboard support are coming, I'm wondering how that's going to affect the crossplay. Who in their right mind would choose a controller? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

inb4Arbynerfs

I'm glad this will be coming to PC, it'll be interesting to see how it all develops. Hopefully the devs will be able to recognize the strengths (controller friendly, simple design, interesting leaders+factions) and the weaknesses (a rigid and dull metagame at high skill levels) of the first game.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/halo-wars-2-will-not-be-total-war-halo/0153979

Creative Assembly has said that the focus here is to expand on the original Halo Wars and not make it Total War: Halo

Damn. I hope Creative Assembly doesn't make this a weak RTS game with barebones mechanics and features. Make a proper RTS on the levels of C&C, SC, and the battles in TW. LoTR: BFME 2 did it on consoles. They can do it too. Halo War's story was great, but the RTS part of it was the weakest I've ever played in the genre. Halo Wars' multiplayer community was near dead 3 months after launch and for good reason (it was never really alive either). Halo Wars 2 needs to be an RTS that people play for years and not just a game with cool cutscenes that people don't ever pick up again after completing the campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Damn. I hope Creative Assembly doesn't make this a weak RTS game with barebones mechanics and features. Make a proper RTS on the levels of C&C, SC, and the battles in TW. LoTR: BFME 2 did it on consoles. They can do it too. Halo War's story was great, but the RTS part of it was the weakest I've ever played in the genre. Halo Wars' multiplayer community was near dead 3 months after launch and for good reason (it was never really alive either). Halo Wars 2 needs to be an RTS that people play for years after and not just a game with cool cutscenes that people don't ever pick up again after completing the campaign.

i think there would be more upset if it was total war: halo, considering the rts element of creative assembly so far has been 2 armies opposing each other on natural, open terrain. it's good that it won't be and hopefully it is in the style of a base building rts. the mechanics do need a lot of work from the first game that's for sure. 

there was a small following for halo wars that continued, though it was very small. hopefully more game complexity can change that.

I wonder if this will be as much of a rushfest playing online like the first Halo Wars was.

All the good players do early harassment, so yes it will be

All the good players do early harassment, so yes it will be

I thought early harassment was just scouting. D:

I'm actually surprised the Spartan-Armor designs remained the same, and yes, I'm aware 343i didn't do all the designs (frankly I'm glad, there's enough scrambling of information on however exact the Mark IV was in terms of design).

I'm actually surprised the Spartan-Armor designs remained the same, and yes, I'm aware 343i didn't do all the designs (frankly I'm glad, there's enough scrambling of information on however exact the Mark IV was in terms of design).

Didn't Blur make the trailer? They've always been spot on when it came to Halo and keeping it the same.

Halo Wars is a great game, it was so fun to play with friends and play the campaign on really hard difficulties and everything. Also tryharding 3v3s online and the story.

WARTHOG RUSH FTW!  :kappa:

Seriously though I'm really excited for Halo Wars 2, can't wait to hear more about it!

Halo Wars is a great game, it was so fun to play with friends and play the campaign on really hard difficulties and everything. Also tryharding 3v3s online and the story.

WARTHOG RUSH FTW!  :kappa:

Seriously though I'm really excited for Halo Wars 2, can't wait to hear more about it!

nah bruh full army of 50 suicide grunts>>>

:grunt:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't Blur make the trailer? They've always been spot on when it came to Halo and keeping it the same.

I think Blur made the trailer, and something to remember is that Blur made all the cinematics to the first Halo Wars.  :walshy:

Damn. I hope Creative Assembly doesn't make this a weak RTS game with barebones mechanics and features. Make a proper RTS on the levels of C&C, SC, and the battles in TW. LoTR: BFME 2 did it on consoles. They can do it too. Halo War's story was great, but the RTS part of it was the weakest I've ever played in the genre. Halo Wars' multiplayer community was near dead 3 months after launch and for good reason (it was never really alive either). Halo Wars 2 needs to be an RTS that people play for years and not just a game with cool cutscenes that people don't ever pick up again after completing the campaign.

Why do you sound so worried? Jesus. You're acting like Halo Wars doesn't have a great foundation to build upon.