CyReN

Halo Wars 2 Discussion

Did you get a chance to play on the PC version, if so can you say how it stacks up compared to the console?

I've played on PC. Apart from stuttering during the Blur cutscenes, it's running pretty well on max settings.

i7 4790k, GTX 1070 and 16GB RAM if that helps.

Anti-climactic is a better word. It was a bad ending.

Saw the HW2 cinematics movie (Thanks to UltimateHalo/Wangtime) and idk, I didn't like the ending. I don't like cliffhangers that much, specially when the games don't deserve it. Halo 2 is honestly a few of the games I accepted the cliffhanger.

Did you get a chance to play on the PC version, if so can you say how it stacks up compared to the console?

I played exclusively on console but it seems like a lot of the controls and advanced options were designed with PC in mind. I'm not a PC gamer but I imagine HW2 feels a lot more fluid with keyboard and mouse.

Can anyone say if the FPS issues on XBOne that were present in the two betas are still an issue? I really hope everything is well with the Xbox version because I've been following Totalbiscuit's recent coverage of the game and it's been looking like a fun game with some technical issues. He's streaming right now and he just discovered that if you go into the video settings menu and leave (even if you don't do anything or even lower the settings) it results in a FPS drop...

Can anyone say if the FPS issues on XBOne that were present in the two betas are still an issue? I really hope everything is well with the Xbox version because I've been following Totalbiscuit's recent coverage of the game and it's been looking like a fun game with some technical issues. He's streaming right now and he just discovered that if you go into the video settings menu and leave (even if you don't do anything or even lower the settings) it results in a FPS drop...

Framerate (I don't know off the top of my head if it was 30 or 60) remained pretty much consistent throughout all of my playtime. Occasionally the game will hitch/skip briefly but there are very few moments of frame rate drops.

Finished campaign and have mixed feeling about it. Missions are very good, but I am quite disappointed with the story. Beginning with the introduction of Atriox is great, but there isn't much happening afterwards. It all feels more like prologue to bigger story. Unless they plan Atriox as a main atagonist in another game, it is totally wasted character. Hope they don't write im of like they did with Mdama, where they builded him over three books and Spartan ops and then killed him off in first mission of H5 in totally anticlimatic moment.

Seems to me that they have no ide where they are going with the Halo story. Feels like they start something and later they jump on something else throwing away everything along the way. Like that whole janus key thing. Ppl not invested in Halo lore must think what the fuck is going on, playing any of the 343 games.

Edit - Hw1 is great example of fleshed out standalone story well spread out throughout the campaign. Hw2 is more like couple of awesome action moments with not much else going on.

I thought I would also say what I liked about the "story". Cut scenes, even there isn't lot of them, top everything I have seen before really. Just awesome. Even there wasn't much going on as far as proper stories goes, there were many great moments that gave me those Halo 1/2/3 vibes. A lot of those terms like "cartographer", "control room", "halo", it all felt like going back, it felt good. Spartan kicking ass of pack of brutes, taking his ai and jumping of the ship made me shed tears of joy. Like fuck the Chief and Cortana, just give me Jerome and Isabelle in Halo 6 lmao. They are that good. Actually all characters are really well done, shame they are not part of greater plot.

Finished campaign and have mixed feeling about it. Missions are very good, but I am quite disappointed with the story. Beginning with the introduction of Atriox is great, but there isn't much happening afterwards. It all feels more like prologue to bigger story. Unless they plan Atriox as a main atagonist in another game, it is totally wasted character. Hope they don't write im of like they did with Mdama, where they builded him over three books and Spartan ops and then killed him off in first mission of H5 in totally anticlimatic moment.

Seems to me that they have no ide where they are going with the Halo story. Feels like they start something and later they jump on something else throwing away everything along the way. Like that whole janus key thing. Ppl not invested in Halo lore must think what the fuck is going on, playing any of the 343 games.

Edit - Hw1 is great example of fleshed out standalone story well spread out throughout the campaign. Hw2 is more like couple of awesome action moments with not much else going on.

I'm pretty sure they've said in the past that they've got long-term plans for Atriox going forward. Given that panned shot at the end of the game, he's likely going to be the next big bad following this whole Created arc they've currently got going on. 

But yeah, the story was a bit eh. I liked it but man the more I think about it, the more I dislike it. 

A few things:

WTF was Atriox doing on The Ark?

How did Atriox & The Banished survive the Covenant for the entire war but get outsmarted by a single UNSC ship with half a crew?

What is Atriox's long-term plan/goal?

Who slipspaced the Spirit of Fire to The Ark?

How did Anders become a Halo ring/Ark expert in like 5 minutes?

The plot just felt too convenient and Anders feels like this OP character who has a solution to everything.

I'm pretty sure they've said in the past that they've got long-term plans for Atriox going forward. Given that panned shot at the end of the game, he's likely going to be the next big bad following this whole Created arc they've currently got going on.

But yeah, the story was a bit eh. I liked it but man the more I think about it, the more I dislike it.

A few things:

WTF was Atriox doing on The Ark?

How did Atriox & The Banished survive the Covenant for the entire war but get outsmarted by a single UNSC ship with half a crew?

What is Atriox's long-term plan/goal?

Who slipspaced the Spirit of Fire to The Ark?

How did Anders become a Halo ring/Ark expert in like 5 minutes?

The plot just felt too convenient and Anders feels like this OP character who has a solution to everything.

Dude, i think I got it. Anders has Master Builder imprint, she can control any forerunner tech, she will use the Halo against guardians.

I will shit my bed if I am right.

There is so many unanswered questions going back to H4. Please tell me how did Librarians sped up evolution benefited Chief and how it affected Halo 5. I cant sleep since I finished H4 back in 2012.

Dude, i think I got it. Anders has Master Builder imprint, she can control any forerunner tech, she will use the Halo against guardians.

I will shit my bed if I am right.

There is so many unanswered questions going back to H4. Please tell me how did Librarians sped up evolution benefited Chief and how it affected Halo 5. I cant sleep since I finished H4 back in 2012.

It's best if you think that Halo 4's plot points aren't relevant going forward.

It's best if you think that Halo 4's plot points aren't relevant going forward.

That is not what I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear a shocking explanation that will explain and connect the whole Halo universe

That is not what I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear a shocking explanation that will explain and connect the whole Halo universe

The Forerunner novels? Greg Bear.

A lot of cool stuff they could have done with that material as a whole.

Oh and also the fact that Guilty Spark is floating out in space somewhere with a UNSC ship.

I mean yeah, I got the books, but i am sure he has been given basic story before he started to write. They didn't give him free hand to write anything he wanted right ? Or do you think that ancient humans and precursors was all his idea ? I dunno. Cool if it actually was.

About the Guilty spark. I am starting to think they just dumped the idea of bringing him back. Like that alien ship from hcea terminal. It was neither human, nor forerunner, nor covenant. They never explained a bit about it and they never will.

Oh well, I just wish they had clearer vision of where they are going with the Halo story.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So can anyone tell me if this game is worth the purchase at retail price or even worth the purchase at all? I've played HW1 and liked it, I'm a huge fan of the OG Halos, and I hate 343 and microtransactions with a burning passion. Is this game for me?

So can anyone tell me if this game is worth the purchase at retail price or even worth the purchase at all? I've played HW1 and liked it, I'm a huge fan of the OG Halos, and I hate 343 and microtransactions with a burning passion. Is this game for me?

If you liked 1, you'll like 2 and the microtransactions are in a single mode that doesn't affect normal MP.

If you want it only for campaign, its a no for full price. If you want it also for multiplayer/skirmishes/blitz than yes, the whole package is worth it. You can also unlock card packs by playing so you don't really have to buy anything.

I also bought the season pass, hope the singleplayer expansion (and other content) will be worth it.

One thing i don't like is that 1v1 is unranked and is really hard to close games, Turrets are pretty strong. Other than that I'm really enjoying it .

Got lucky off of the blitz stream last night and won a copy of the ultimate edition didn't plan on buying it, but now at least i can check the campaign out. Is the campaign any good? been trying to avoid spoilers just in case i did decide to get it.

Got lucky off of the blitz stream last night and won a copy of the ultimate edition didn't plan on buying it, but now at least i can check the campaign out. Is the campaign any good? been trying to avoid spoilers just in case i did decide to get it.

Campaign is fun, leaves a lot to be desired. Huge improvement over the originals gameplay.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Nb5HBnI.jpg

Where have i seen this before?

I think I'm starting to see a pattern here;

MCC- No ranked at launch (and ranked really isn't ranked now tbh)

Halo 5-Nothing BUT ranked at launch (Except WZ)

HW2- No ranked at launch

Halo 6-Nothing BUT Warzone at launch?

• Upvote (+1) 1