CyReN

Halo Wars 2 Discussion

I keep getting an error when trying to stream Halo Wars DE via XB1 Twitch App. Could it be because the game is considered a beta? I'm able to stream other games fine.

I keep getting an error when trying to stream Halo Wars DE via XB1 Twitch App. Could it be because the game is considered a beta? I'm able to stream other games fine.

Could be, yeah.

Might be worth tweeting Ske7ch or Dan Ayoub.

Harassing Microsoft to give me my code. I'll let you know if it works lol. After MCC I still harbor some entitlement lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did I make a smart move of not pre-ordering the DE? The last couple of pages and Frankie's comment on NeoGAF give me a bad feeling.

Did I make a smart move of not pre-ordering the DE? The last couple of pages and Frankie's comment on NeoGAF give me a bad feeling.

It worked fine for me when I played through the story on PC. The only downside for me was waiting for the code but it came after around four days.

Depends what you want it for. If it's for multiplayer, save your money.

Blitz PvP beta

I hope this Beta shows enough of the game to prove to me that its been refined more since the original Beta. Felt very unpolished at the time.

The very concept of Blitz is just great. Take an incredibly watered down RTS experience that basically amounts to building enough big units and attack moving and remove the rest of the resource management and planning that was left. What EXCITING INNOVATION!  lmfao.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The very concept of Blitz is just great. Take an incredibly watered down RTS experience that basically amounts to building enough big units and attack moving and remove the rest of the resource management and planning that was left. What EXCITING INNOVATION!  lmfao.

I still taste the lemon in that watered down lemonade.  Let's add some more water. 

Is this a free BETA?   Or do I have to preorder or purchase something?

I still taste the lemon in that watered down lemonade.  Let's add some more water. 

Is this a free BETA?   Or do I have to preorder or purchase something?

Free and open.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When you fall for the diversification meme and spend millions on something that inspires the reaction "oh this is kind of cool, it's actually pretty fun" and then make a sequel nobody wanted.

• Downvote (-1) 1

When you fall for the diversification meme and spend millions on something that inspires the reaction "oh this is kind of cool, it's actually pretty fun" and then make a sequel nobody wanted.

What's wrong with Halo Wars getting a sequel?

What's wrong with Halo Wars getting a sequel?

It's great since it lets me circlejerk about the state of Halo.

It's more about the absolutely bizarre timing and the fact that Halo Wars wasn't even particularly important at the time, let alone now. It's like people are celebrating the return of the Top Friends feature even though nobody uses MySpace.

As soon as it was announced, it felt like a fraudulent attempt to make Halo look more alive than it actually is, and nothing more. Halo Wars 2 might have leeched off the positivity of the Halo name (as HW1 did) if they had chosen to release it when people actually cared about the franchise. You don't diversify when things are shit, you incubate when things are shit. If you diversify when things are shit, you're trying to look good.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is actually pretty fun.

Yeah it is. Not sure about it being competitively viable or whatever like some people care about. But it's more fun than normal RTS in my eyes and it keeps the games short and sweet. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

5 posts in here since the beta opened.  I'm gonna take that as it's nothing to write home about.

gg Halo. 

5 posts in here since the beta opened.  I'm gonna take that as it's nothing to write home about.

gg Halo. 

I've heard not many people are playing the beta and less feedback is being given. Halo Wars 2 is possible kill.

Edit: Oh yeah, heard the microtransactions are P2W since the units can be leveled up.