CyReN

Halo Wars 2 Discussion

Blitz could be cool.

My concern with this game is that they have too many leaders and its going to be incredibly hard to keep balanced.  Starcraft has been jacked ever since Legacy of the Void came out and there are only 3 races.  This game essentially has 6 (leaders).

Blitz mode

"There's no base building."

"There's no economy management."

"I don't want to worry about tech trees."

"I don't want to worry about resource collecting."

Then why the fuck are you making an RTS game? I have never seen a mode that is so blatant on just being an excuse to introduce microtransactions.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Blitz mode

"There's no base building."

"There's no economy management."

"I don't want to worry about tech trees."

"I don't want to worry about resource collecting."

Then why the fuck are you making an RTS game? I have never seen a mode that is so blatant on just being an excuse to introduce microtransactions.

blitz warzone mode

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is available today as Early Access - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-wars-de-early-access

The first Halo Wars was special for so many reasons, but I always loved how great that game made RTS feel on console. As a die-hard PC RTS player, I was impressed with how well the genre’s traditional keyboard and mouse controls translated to a controller. When we started to work on Halo Wars: Definitive Edition, we wanted to make sure that the experience still shines and that the game looks better than it did seven years ago. However, what’s most exciting to me is finally bringing that experience to PC. Having Halo Wars on PC has been something the community has asked for since the game launched so many years ago, and it’s surreal that it has finally happened with Halo Wars: Definitive Edition.

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is set to launch in February alongside Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition, but we thought it would be great to give everyone a chance to start playing now to sharpen their skills in preparation for the next game. The game you’ll get today is early access – it’s only available to people who pre-ordered the digital version of Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition. It also means that we’re still putting the finishing touches on the game before launch, so expect to see more improvements come online between now and February. The team worked insanely hard to bring both campaign and multiplayer online before release in February and we can’t wait to hear what you think.

In addition to the great campaign and multiplayer modes fans will remember, Halo Wars: Definitive Edition also features a new multiplayer session browser in place of the legacy matchmaking system. This allows players to create and join their favorite multiplayer, skirmish, or co-op campaign games quickly and easily on their preferred platform.

If you don’t receive your code today, don’t worry! Codes are rolling out through the coming weeks, but anyone who pre-ordered by December 14 should receive one today, so keep an eye out – check out the FAQ here for more info on how to find and redeem your code. And of course, since Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is an Xbox Play Anywhere title, your code will work on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC!

We’re working hard at 343 Industries on the first update, as well as on the upcoming Blitz Beta – and of course, the full launch of Halo Wars 2 on February 21. There’s a lot of goodness coming your way in the New Year, but for now, download your copy and get re-acquainted with the Spirit of Fire, because things are going to get crazy for them next year!

See you online!

- Dan

Just got my code but got the error message "Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later.".

Just got my code but got the error message "Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later.".

lol pwnd!!

see this is why you don't pre-order anything.  Especially from 343.

C'mon man, you know better  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol pwnd!!

see this is why you don't pre-order anything.  Especially from 343.

C'mon man, you know better  :simms:

Finally got it to work :intensifies:

Game is also 9.46gb.

Wait, so Halo Wars DE is a mess..? I was looking forward to going home and playing it today.

The shit storm is going to be insane if this game doesn't function correctly in February.

I know we don't like to call for people to lose their jobs here... but Dan Ayoub...  First MCC and now Frankie covering for him?  Why is he still there...

Early Access is supposed to be for NEW projects from tertiary developers... not remasters of former games that used to work flawlessly from primary studios. Very clearly it was a "Shit.  this isn't done. Lets label it early access since that's a thing now" reaction.

Why are they trying to push it so early anyway? Holiday sales? avoiding the "Modern Warfare Remaster" effect?

Maybe it's my own ignorance but I honestly thought the early access to it meant I got to play it as a complete title as a bonus for my pre-order. I had no idea it would be a half-baked game that released in February.

This seems like another MCC where they are trying to push it out to boost sales of Halo Wars 2 (like MCC was for XBX1).

Wait wtf I preordered last minute (17th) so I can play the DE on the 20th. And now it looks like I can't even do that. This company, man.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait wtf I preordered last minute (17th) so I can play the DE on the 20th. And now it looks like I can't even do that. This company, man.

To be fair, it was made clear that you need to wait 7-10 days for the codes to roll out after pre-ordering.

I don't know why that's a thing in 2016 though.