Sign in to follow this  
TheSimms

Teams in Season 3

So going of a tweet a few week back we know that Season 3 is all about Halo 5. With all new games come new challenges and new players. Halo 5 we know is a new step for Halo and I have no doubt in my mind that like all Halos the current pro players now will be pro in H5.

Do any of you guys foresee any major team brake ups amongst the current top 8? Can you see any old players returning for H5 to cause a shake up or even any cod people transferring across and who would you like to see them play with? Do you have any God squads or dream teams you would like to see playing in the HCS next season?

Me personally, I want to see Ola and Ogre2 side by side hand in hand again but that's just me, dare I even say the full 2010 FB squad with Fis and Victory. Also looking forward to seeing if people like CptAnarchy and HaloGod make a return to both competitive and professional level.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would also enjoy seeing some sort of '10 FB reunion, but as long as Ola and Ogre 2 are still fighting it out for the top places then I'll be happy. It'd be really interesting to see some of the old faces come back for one more try, although I know that the guys I'd love to see come back (the classic Carbon team) have all been officially retired for quite a while now. I'm excited to see some new faces arrive on the scene though, I hope H5 will be as successful as some of us are hoping and can attract a lot of attention, getting plenty of exciting young talent interested in the HCS.

I think we can be sure of seeing some crazy team changes though. The arrival of a new game has always signified some big shake-ups in terms of the rosters. Plenty of players will want a fresh start, some of the rosters we're seeing now just won't be able to transition to H5, and it's all going to be very exciting to watch. I'd like to see Naded team up with Roybox in some capacity, but we'll have to wait and see.

Str8 Rippin to fuse with Reality Check and take the first event.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So going of a tweet a few week back we know that Season 3 is all about Halo 5. With all new games come new challenges and new players. Halo 5 we know is a new step for Halo and I have no doubt in my mind that like all Halos the current pro players now will be pro in H5.

Do any of you guys foresee any major team brake ups amongst the current top 8? Can you see any old players returning for H5 to cause a shake up or even any cod people transferring across and who would you like to see them play with? Do you have any God squads or dream teams you would like to see playing in the HCS next season?

Me personally, I want to see Ola and Ogre2 side by side hand in hand again but that's just me, dare I even say the full 2010 FB squad with Fis and Victory. Also looking forward to seeing if people like CptAnarchy and HaloGod make a return to both competitive and professional level.

33568413.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really would like to see Elamite play again. T2 will turn the Str8 Rippin name into an org and makes Elamite the team captain. Legit comes back out of nowhere, super dedicated and will turn Naded into a player who is able to compete for the top 3 consistently (Because I dont see EG braking up/Snip3down leaving them). I havent decided who would be my fourth... maybe Mikwen... yeah he will become the new Snip3down :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think some pros will be considered better and some will be considered worse due to sprint. Sprint rewards good gun skill since kill opportunities are only available for a few seconds since players can just run at any sign of danger. Basically that means players that are good at aiming but suck at map positioning will now look better because they won't be dying for overextending as much as they would have with no sprint.

For example, players like Ninja will appear to be way better because they'll get good gun skill kills and run away from a potential mistake due to the sprint design. There's a reason why he's placed good in h4 and not h2a.

EG will probably stick assuming they win finals

I don't think Ogre2 will leave CLG and I don't think C9 will make a change either - most likely team change there is Enable joining in place of Cloud (assuming he comes back from Cod)

Will be interesting to see what players return for H5, there is quite a large abundance of players who missed out on H2A, namely:

Best Man

Tizoxic

Goofy

Destin

SK

Reliable 

Twin Savior 

Russo

• Upvote (+1) 1

If C9 stays the same for h5 they will be scary considering how hard it already is to kill Ola in h2a. Halo 5 has more tools for him to stay alive  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 3

It'll be the same as what's happened for past Halos. There will be a team that has a great finish in s2 finals and splits up regardless. Whoever wins S1 finals will most likely stick together for at least the first event then plan on changes if need be after that. There will be players that become less dedicated and get dropped and there will be some slightly lower teams gambling by picking up new talent. There will be returning pros who have been out of the game for a while, some of those might take a risk on the new talent I spoke of as they need to prove themselves to the current pros that they still have it.

And reality check will still chasing that top 8 :lxthul:.

I joke, I'd love to see a sud's name in green.

edit; Neighbor to return  :ghost:  pretty please

most likely team change there is Enable joining in place of Cloud (assuming he comes back from Cod)

Is a formal/enable return possible if the money is there in H5 considering that cod is switching to ps4? (don't follow the cod scene if someone can fill me in)

Is a formal/enable return possible if the money is there in H5 considering that cod is switching to ps4? (don't follow the cod scene if someone can fill me in)

I pretty much have the same amount of knowledge on this as you, all I know is it's going to playstation. 

There's a reason why he's placed good in h4 and not h2a.

Yeah, a lot of the best players/teams didn't even play H4.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wonder which players will shine . Adding in all these elements change how the game is going to be played and certain players will adapt ( I hate this word) better.

I honestly think Ninja is much better at games with sprint and abilities. He's pretty creative and uses them well. 

Everything pretty much depends on Finals.

Unless EG falls outside top 3, and Lxthul shits the bed, they'll stick together. So 99.99% chance no change. 

If neither C9 or CLG gets top 3, could see some changes there... 2gre to C9, or Ola to CLG? 

I expect Denial & WFX to make some changes if they don't get top 2. 

Don't think there will be any big team breakups, as the orgs have invested a lot so far. 

I've wanted to see Pistola and Ogre 2 for years. It's been too long. Usually I would say any team with 2gre will have an advantage at the beginning of a game's life because he has pioneered strategies in every game but Halo 4, but there's a possibility that the only strategy will be to bait and switch 24/7 so everyone will be able to do it. Pistola will show everyone, including 343, just how out of balance the movement is in Halo 5.

Formal excelled in CoD AW so the transition to Halo 5 is natural. He could definitely break into a top squad if he wanted to, but I doubt he will play the game seriously.

It's hard to say if aggressive players or defensive players will benefit more in Halo 5. Aggressive players will have their mistakes forgiven more often, but defensive players will have even more defensive options. Everyone will become more defensive, really--there's no reason not to.

I honestly think Ninja is much better at games with sprint and abilities. He's pretty creative and uses them well.

100% agree, I feel aggressive and fast paced players such as Ninja and Spartan will excel. I've been saying these two will be the duo of 2016/S3 for a while now.

Also can't see Formal or Enable coming back, I feel the money and opportunities given by FaZe and Optic is just way too much to give up, even if it does cross to PS4 they will both adapt and still be big time players. They both deserve everything that's come to them from cod, they grinded hard and reaped the rewards.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ninja/Spartan are going to be ridiculous in H5 I can almost guarantee.

Aries' defensive style will work well with their more agressive style, and Shooter for support/obj.

I don't see Liquid breaking up for H5.  So there's that.  At least not for S1.  S2 will be dependent on placings from S1, but I'm seeing them doing some great things in H5. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think most top 8 teams are going to stick together for the most part going into season 3. Not too many teams are going to want to make changes until they know how everyone is adapting to H5 or failing to adapt. Any changes being made in the top 8 will be people taking a break from competitive play (temporary or permanent), or situations where the team wasn't getting along (don't really know of any situation like this at the moment. WFX is the only team I've seen some small internal fights, but they seem to get over them quickly)

I think some of the fastest adapters will be the people who have a really positive attitude going into H5. I see Mikwen, Snipedown, Roy, Lunchbox, Ninja, Spartan (the Dog), Ryanoob, APG, Lxthul, Royal 2, and Contra adapting really quickly if the day 1 version of the game is decent. The game will just get better and better with pro feedback, and the good thing about this game is that it can be a customized experience (Abilities can be turned off quickly). The only thing is 343 and ESL need to take the pro feedback very seriously and take action quickly to improve the experience.

I personally think 343 should hold a couple of pre-release tournaments (don't even have to be streamed) with any top 8 team that wants to participate, and get feedback from each tournament, so the day 1 HCS playlist is almost perfected. The window for competitive console shooters to succeed is small, so it needs to look competitive on day 1

• Upvote (+1) 2

The meta / game play will be different enough that if you don't put the time in, you won't be successful.

With H2A's easy aiming, and classic gameplay I feel like a lot of experienced players can be successful without putting in a lot of time.

I think Pistola will definitely be the player to watch simply because he's so good at staying alive and demonstrates such excellent movement awareness that the new abilities will be very likely to fit perfectly with his style.

As for my dream-team, I just want to see 2011/12 Instinct reform. Also wouldn't mind seeing the 2012 sQ squad reunite, but that's unlikely given that Flamesword is on Optic.

Would love to see the 2011 instinct godsquad reform. I just wanna see 2gre and pistola team again lol. I definitely feel like if ola had joined clg they would have been a major threat to eg.

Snipedown / Roybox aren't splitting. No way.

WFX won't be together for H5.

CLG / c9 will have small changes.

Yeah, a lot of the best players/teams didn't even play H4.

Ninja won AGL 8 with Requiem. Here are the teams from that event, they look like some of the best players to me.

• Reign Ambush - Heinz, Formal, Snip3down, Pistola = 16,650
  • Requiem - Ninja, Legit, Ace, Dersky = 10,200
  • Status Quo - Flamesword, Enable, Neighbor, BesT MaN = 7,950
  • TEC Infamous - Ryanoob, Goofy, Naded, LethuL = 6,800
  • Pulse Classic – Chig, Mikwen, Roy, aPG = 6,700
  • BFK Pure- TreyTri, Munoz, LifeStyle, Absolutely = 5,700
  • BTMX Upcoming - Spartan, Monster, CreepyTrash, Arbin = 5,000
  • Reality Check - Suddoth 1, Suddoth 2, Hoaxer, Elumnite = 4,150
  • Cryptic- WinntuR, Suspectors, trvgic, Nemassist = 4,025
  • Believe The Hype - Cloud, Assault, SnakeBite, Maniac = 3,700
  • Renegade - Sir Siege, RC, Toftt, Zebr0wski = 2,450
  • G4C God Pleasers - Yoshi, Sheezy, ShowTime, reFlex = 2,155
  • Gimme My Money - Blaze, Calm, Reliable, Elitest = 1,900
  • G4C Immortal - Proverb, Tie, Penguin, Valen = 4,000
  • Dont Blink - Tragedy, Imperphect, Cole, Monstracity = 755
  • SlaughterHouse - Regi21, Frosty, Aries = 2,650
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ninja won AGL 8 with Requiem. Here are the teams from that event, they look like some of the best players to me.

• Reign Ambush - Heinz, Formal, Snip3down, Pistola = 16,650
  • Requiem - Ninja, Legit, Ace, Dersky = 10,200
  • Status Quo - Flamesword, Enable, Neighbor, BesT MaN = 7,950
  • TEC Infamous - Ryanoob, Goofy, Naded, LethuL = 6,800
  • Pulse Classic – Chig, Mikwen, Roy, aPG = 6,700
  • BFK Pure- TreyTri, Munoz, LifeStyle, Absolutely = 5,700
  • BTMX Upcoming - Spartan, Monster, CreepyTrash, Arbin = 5,000
  • Reality Check - Suddoth 1, Suddoth 2, Hoaxer, Elumnite = 4,150
  • Cryptic- WinntuR, Suspectors, trvgic, Nemassist = 4,025
  • Believe The Hype - Cloud, Assault, SnakeBite, Maniac = 3,700
  • Renegade - Sir Siege, RC, Toftt, Zebr0wski = 2,450
  • G4C God Pleasers - Yoshi, Sheezy, ShowTime, reFlex = 2,155
  • Gimme My Money - Blaze, Calm, Reliable, Elitest = 1,900
  • G4C Immortal - Proverb, Tie, Penguin, Valen = 4,000
  • Dont Blink - Tragedy, Imperphect, Cole, Monstracity = 755
  • SlaughterHouse - Regi21, Frosty, Aries = 2,650

Point taken, but if either Ogre 2 or Lunchbox would have competed against him, he wouldn't have won.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1