Sign in to follow this  
TheSimms

Teams in Season 3

Do you guys think players like legit, goofy, best man and sk will come back to ply h5?

On another note, I want to see optic make a drop for a better player (perhaps sub formal in for assault?). I wonder how 2gre will be in H5, I love to see him at the top.

I really look forward to watching ninja. As someone mentioned before, he is certainly better I sprint/ability games because he is very creative in his movement and just all around seemingly better in them.

My two cents!

H5 money and success is going to have to get REAL big and there will have to be a track record of it before you'll see any serious CoD players making a switch.

I expect CLG to not place as well in S1 at the end of S2 (dropping Heinz was a mistake IMO) and there will be a team change made. EG will stick together minus a major meltdown (all the members are talented enough to make the transition to H5). What will happen with Denial is the most interesting IMO.

With the Halo 5 skillgap I can see this happening  :salt:  :kappa:

not sure if srs, but h5 in the right settings will be most skillful since h1

Edit: pretty sure the people negging me like h3. unfuckingREAL

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Edit: pretty sure the people negging me like h3. unfuckingREAL

Accident neg ;)

<p>

Ninja won AGL 8 with Requiem. Here are the teams from that event, they look like some of the best players to me.

• Reign Ambush - Heinz, Formal, Snip3down, Pistola = 16,650
  • Requiem - Ninja, Legit, Ace, Dersky = 10,200
  • Status Quo - Flamesword, Enable, Neighbor, BesT MaN = 7,950
  • TEC Infamous - Ryanoob, Goofy, Naded, LethuL = 6,800
  • Pulse Classic – Chig, Mikwen, Roy, aPG = 6,700
  • BFK Pure- TreyTri, Munoz, LifeStyle, Absolutely = 5,700
  • BTMX Upcoming - Spartan, Monster, CreepyTrash, Arbin = 5,000
  • Reality Check - Suddoth 1, Suddoth 2, Hoaxer, Elumnite = 4,150
  • Cryptic- WinntuR, Suspectors, trvgic, Nemassist = 4,025
  • Believe The Hype - Cloud, Assault, SnakeBite, Maniac = 3,700
  • Renegade - Sir Siege, RC, Toftt, Zebr0wski = 2,450
  • G4C God Pleasers - Yoshi, Sheezy, ShowTime, reFlex = 2,155
  • Gimme My Money - Blaze, Calm, Reliable, Elitest = 1,900
  • G4C Immortal - Proverb, Tie, Penguin, Valen = 4,000
  • Dont Blink - Tragedy, Imperphect, Cole, Monstracity = 755
  • SlaughterHouse - Regi21, Frosty, Aries = 2,650

While true, this competition was for one event, and he was talking about Halo 4 as a whole. I know Roy didn't compete at many others, if any, for instance (besides the Reach event(s). But yeah, I don't have the full rosters for the other events, so I can't say with certainty.

I wonder how 2gre will be in H5, I love to see him at the top.

Remember during the Halo 5 beta the Halo twitch channel hosted Orge2. The best and most decorated player in Halo history.

He proceeded to play like 2 matches of Halo 5 and turned if off and played some broken Halo 1 MCC instead.

*I fully expect him to compete in Season 3 Halo 5 though.

H5 is going to make or break Halo so I think they should have pre season tourneys and get pro feedback before they go live with it. Halo cant afford any more mess ups. I wonder will they toggle sprint off for the competitive scene. I really think thrusters alone are enough.

• Upvote (+1) 4

H5 is going to make or break Halo so I think they should have pre season tourneys and get pro feedback before they go live with it. Halo cant afford any more mess ups. I wonder will they toggle sprint off for the competitive scene. I really think thrusters alone are enough.

100% this needs to happen. The HCS gametypes need to look professional and competitive by the first post-release/release day tournament when all the extra viewers will be watching. Please @Sal1ent @@Deez, consider pre-release tournaments for top 8 teams (don't even need to be streamed) to get feedback for events before launch date. Competitive settings should be, for the most part, set on day 1 with small improvements after. Thank you for listening!

• Downvote (-1) 1

I have a feeling 2gre will bail on H5 before even giving it a chance unless 343 can entice him with good prize money.

• Upvote (+1) 3

My impression from hints dropped by various community figures etc. is that 343 is pouring a ton of money into H5 HCS (hence all of the major esports orgs picking up teams, apparently it's sort of an open secret? I dunno) ... as long as H5 is at least moderately successful, I think we'll see a lot of young new players enticed by huge prize pools, at which point the OG pros coasting on their H2 skills from 2006 will need to start trying a bit harder.  

Also I'm pretty sure that Goofy is a lock for coming back into the scene, the only reason he didn't play in S1 of HCS was final exams, as I recall?  And if the prize pools are big enough, I think that we could maybe see Formal and Enable return ... Formal was the best player in the scene in 2013-14, imo

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have a feeling 2gre will bail on H5 before even giving it a chance unless 343 can entice him with good prize money.

I agree with you. He barely tried the beta and hated it. However, he did state a couple times in his streams that he will compete H5. The real question is how long will he compete?

Halo will be dad again by December. All the good players will go back to their normal lives and The Sudds will finally win an event because they're the only ones competing.  :kappa:

• Downvote (-1) 2

Halo will be dad again by December. All the good players will go back to their normal lives and The Sudds will finally win an event because they're the only ones competing.  :kappa:

Hope so, i want a chunk of that money if i can get it. Lots of pros loved the beta though, so im thinking its gonna be a hit. I really wish that there were competitive FFAs like back in the reach days. Str8Sick and Kampy going off was great.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja won AGL 8 with Requiem. Here are the teams from that event, they look like some of the best players to me.

• Reign Ambush - Heinz, Formal, Snip3down, Pistola = 16,650
  • Requiem - Ninja, Legit, Ace, Dersky = 10,200
  • Status Quo - Flamesword, Enable, Neighbor, BesT MaN = 7,950
  • TEC Infamous - Ryanoob, Goofy, Naded, LethuL = 6,800
  • Pulse Classic – Chig, Mikwen, Roy, aPG = 6,700
  • BFK Pure- TreyTri, Munoz, LifeStyle, Absolutely = 5,700
  • BTMX Upcoming - Spartan, Monster, CreepyTrash, Arbin = 5,000
  • Reality Check - Suddoth 1, Suddoth 2, Hoaxer, Elumnite = 4,150
  • Cryptic- WinntuR, Suspectors, trvgic, Nemassist = 4,025
  • Believe The Hype - Cloud, Assault, SnakeBite, Maniac = 3,700
  • Renegade - Sir Siege, RC, Toftt, Zebr0wski = 2,450
  • G4C God Pleasers - Yoshi, Sheezy, ShowTime, reFlex = 2,155
  • Gimme My Money - Blaze, Calm, Reliable, Elitest = 1,900
  • G4C Immortal - Proverb, Tie, Penguin, Valen = 4,000
  • Dont Blink - Tragedy, Imperphect, Cole, Monstracity = 755
  • SlaughterHouse - Regi21, Frosty, Aries = 2,650

Not to make excuses here but Ambush weren't on their A game, also the bo5 they won against Ambush was by one kill and one flag cap. Another also would be Infamous had a huge choke in the finals if I remember correctly.

Maybe I'm making a few excuses after all. They deserved to win but some luck was on their side that event.

I feel as though if H5 has a good release into Season 3 we will see TSM come in as an org. I know their name has been bounced around a lot, and I heard some more talk possibly in the future.

So hopefully it comes around, however I feel as though they would take over one of the top teams so we may lose an org.

Just my opinion though, might not happen also

Not to make excuses here but Ambush weren't on their A game, also the bo5 they won against Ambush was by one kill and one flag cap. Another also would be Infamous had a huge choke in the finals if I remember correctly.

Maybe I'm making a few excuses after all. They deserved to win but some luck was on their side that event.

I know Ambush and friends are more consistent/better than Requiem. I'm just comparing Ninjas H4 career to his H2A career to prove that he's better with sprint than he is with no sprint.

And since H5 has sprint, I'm thinking he could be on a top team again mayyyybe.

I think some pros will be considered better and some will be considered worse due to sprint. Sprint rewards good gun skill since kill opportunities are only available for a few seconds since players can just run at any sign of danger. Basically that means players that are good at aiming but suck at map positioning will now look better because they won't be dying for overextending as much as they would have with no sprint.

For example, players like Ninja will appear to be way better because they'll get good gun skill kills and run away from a potential mistake due to the sprint design. There's a reason why he's placed good in h4 and not h2a.

Well there were also only 2 good teams in Halo 4.

nvm, someone already said it

I know Ambush and friends are more consistent/better than Requiem. I'm just comparing Ninjas H4 career to his H2A career to prove that he's better with sprint than he is with no sprint.

And since H5 has sprint, I'm thinking he could be on a top team again mayyyybe.

Depends what you mean by top, with the current pool of players I don't think he could be on a top three (no offense meant by this).

Edit: pretty sure the people negging me like h2. unfuckingREAL

Fixed

EG will probably stick assuming they win finals

I don't think Ogre2 will leave CLG and I don't think C9 will make a change either - most likely team change there is Enable joining in place of Cloud (assuming he comes back from Cod)

Will be interesting to see what players return for H5, there is quite a large abundance of players who missed out on H2A, namely:

Best Man

Tizoxic

Goofy

Destin

SK

Reliable 

Twin Savior 

Russo

More players will be leaving come Halo 5. Save this post.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Depends what you mean by top, with the current pool of players I don't think he could be on a top three (no offense meant by this).

like in the top 4 teams. ninja with sprint is better than a ninja without sprint because he gets away with making dumb plays. still might not be god tier like pistola roy mikwin etc.

More players will be leaving come Halo 5. Save this post.

K. With all the talk of high prize pools, I doubt that's the case. Follow the money  :grunt:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

K. With all the talk of high prize pools, I doubt that's the case. Follow the money  :grunt:

There was a time when Halo sucked but big money could save it. Halo 5 is beyond that. 

• Downvote (-1) 4