Sign in to follow this  
ThatTrueLegend

Does gaming ever make you feel depressed?

Do you ever randomly feel depressed when gaming and feel like you could be doing something better with your time?

Yes, but then I realize "better" would probably come with a price. Gaming is actually a cheap hobby and great time killer.

I don't know about you but I for one prefer killing my time with this hobby rather than going out spending it on some girl or at a bar.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I post on a forum and collect beer instead, it's super cool

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't think this is solely for gaming, it could happen at anytime, doing anything.

I post on a forum and collect beer instead, it's super cool

Wow that does sound fun. Do you go to events and festivals? Travel the country seeking out the best beers? Eat and drink the finest culinary expressions?

Wow that does sound fun. Do you go to events and festivals? Travel the country seeking out the best beers? Eat and drink the finest culinary expressions?

I think he just brews it in his bathtub in preparation for the return of prohibition.

Usually has the opposite effect on me.

If I'm having a shit day gaming lets me escape reality for a few hours and afterwards I feel much better.

See I feel very alive when I'm playing a good video game with friends. I find that to be a lot of fun.

Obviously doing an active thing in real life is more fun but gaming has its place in my life

When I game alone and I really want to play with a friend, I feel lonely and sometimes mad. But when I have a couple guys with me playing MCC or Destiny, I feel great.

I really didn't get to play as much as I wanted to during my childhood so being able to now is awesome

I'm gonna play video games until I'm 1000 (I'll be a cyborg at one point FYI)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well I work 48-60 hours a week and when I get time to game I'm not depressed I'm happy as shit, Im not working.

So no.

I really didn't get to play as much as I wanted to during my childhood so being able to now is awesome

I'm gonna play video games until I'm 1000 (I'll be a cyborg at one point FYI)

There will come a day, where we retire into an old folks home and never wanna leave since we'll be plugged into ESO Online Infinity jumping, flying and running around slaying dragons.

Honestly? Too many bad eggs in the basket, but at the same time I try and ignore all the bad examples.

Console wars are fucking dumb.

Not really, have met some of my best friends through gaming online and its a hell of a let better for you mentally than sitting in front of a TV late at night or getting wasted. Gaming is a competitive outlet for me, its my "sport" in a way now that I am an adult.

Do you ever randomly feel depressed when gaming and feel like you could be doing something better with your time?

Not when I'm playing Halo because I play it for the competition.  But other games, yes.  Just feels like they are a time sink and there is absolutely no other purpose to them.   Which is probably why I don't play other games anymore.

I dunno.

But I feel a sense of relief playing an old PlayStation 2 classic than I do any older 360 or PS3 game (aside from favorites on those systems, of course).

I'm not really that involved with the most current AAA scene, as four out of every five major release these days are horrendously broken in one way or another.

I never get depressed...angry yes, when I lose haha

To be fair I'm only 19 and am at University so I haven't got much reason to, not like I'm not doing anything else - thinking of hanging up the pad (competitively) and just cycle - would still go to events but just as a makeshift or maybe to help staff, other than that just play casually and try to enjoy the game (which lately I have been struggling with).