Hardline_Pro

Is the Halo 5 Limited Edition worth it?

Is the Limited Edition worth it?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Limited Edition worth it?

• Yes
    • No

It is $40 more for a steel case and "exclusive content"...and we don't even know what this "exclusive content" is. Do you think they will reveal it or should I just go ahead and pre-order the standard edition?

Or you could wait, find out what is in the Limited Edition and the Limited Collector's Edition and then decide which edition you want to pre-order, if at all.

No one here can tell you if it is worth it because we don't know what it contains.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Halo 5 isn't worth it for 10$ to me so my answer is obviously no. 

Also steel case for what? There's no reason to have a hard copy when you can't even play the game on LAN

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/halo-5-guardians/buy-now

• Warzone REQ Bundle: 14 Premium Requisition packs [???]
  • Halo: The Fall of Reach – Animated Series
  • Guardian model by Metal Earth®
  • Uniquely-designed Spartan themed SteelBook®
  • Spartan Locke’s Classified Orders
  • Dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris
  • Xbox Live Gold 14-day Trial1 - perfect for playing with friends

For me...doesn't seem that worth it.  I'm not a huge lore guy (at least as far as the UNSC is concerned), and I'm sure those things will be available on youtube and etc. at some point anyways.

The only thing that would particularly appeal to me is the "premium requisition packs".  I'm sure that's some pay to win shit, maybe it's infinite cards for specific weapons, maybe it's premium-only weapons, who knows.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/halo-5-guardians/buy-now

• Warzone REQ Bundle: 14 Premium Requisition packs [???]
  • Halo: The Fall of Reach – Animated Series
  • Guardian model by Metal Earth®
  • Uniquely-designed Spartan themed SteelBook®
  • Spartan Locke’s Classified Orders
  • Dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris
  • Xbox Live Gold 14-day Trial1 - perfect for playing with friends

For me...doesn't seem that worth it.  I'm not a huge lore guy (at least as far as the UNSC is concerned), and I'm sure those things will be available on youtube and etc. at some point anyways.

The only thing that would particularly appeal to me is the "premium requisition packs".  I'm sure that's some pay to win shit, maybe it's infinite cards for specific weapons, maybe it's premium-only weapons, who knows.

There will probably be microtransaction req cards in the final game.

Honestly it's subjective. I've had every single legendary edition/limited collectors edition so far and am not planning on stopping soon, so preordering the LCE was a no brainer for me.

Some people just want the game, nothing extra, which is fair enough. If you're like me and want all the things then preorder!

So the LCE comes without the disc and just a digital copy or both? 

Digital only

Digital only

So I have steelcase on my shelf without a disc in it - meh. With my Internet it would take days to download a game :(

So I have steelcase on my shelf without a disc in it - meh. With my Internet it would take days to download a game :(

The LCE is releasing before October 27th, so you'll have plenty of time to download the game before it unlocks on the 27th.