Sign in to follow this  
Ciutchism

Halo MCC "Downloading Latest Data" Issue

Ever since the new ranks (doubles, H2C,  H3, H4, etc) came out like 2 days ago I can't play matchmaking. My brother's xbox is hooked up in the same room, to the same router, and doesn't have this issue. I've tried digital and physical copies. I've tried through all 4 ethernet ports. I've tried resetting router and xbox. I've reset the xbox mac address. I've connected through wifi. I've connected through an iphone hotspot. I've tried it all. It always get's stuck with this message no matter what I do. Suggestions?

sHiw3F4.jpg

I played the other night and didnt have a problem. Might be your connection to their servers.

I've tried it through multiple connections and the xbox one next to this one works fine. Definitely not.

That problem happens very often, the only solution is to back out, wait a few seconds and search again (this works for some and it doesn't for others), is the only solution i've seen here and reddit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That problem happens very often, the only solution is to back out, wait a few seconds and search again (this works for some and it doesn't for others), is the only solution i've seen here and reddit.

Tried this for like 10 mins... Didn't do anything. And that's on different connections after router resets and xbox resets (hard resets).

Maybe your Halo profile, linked to your Xbox account is corrupted for whatever reason and won't download... have you tried using a different account?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe your Halo profile, linked to your Xbox account is corrupted for whatever reason and won't download... have you tried using a different account?

I've tried my brother's profile that works on his, but I get this same error on my xb1 when using his profile.

Yeah I get this every so often, all I do is press B and then go back in and it works fine

hit ABABABABABABABABAB really fast over and over and it fixes it.

or it might be BABABABABABAB after the message pops up I cant remember.

Sorry for bumping this thread.  I've had the popup shown in the first post numerous times, and always been able to bypass it pretty quickly by either waiting a few moments, or pressing B and then A again.

About a week ago I got the popup and was unable to get rid of it.  I tried everything I've ever seen suggested, ranging from loading up custom games, to letting it sit on the popup screen for a long time, to resetting my router.

Finally, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled.  I have pretty bad internet, and it just finished reinstalling tonight after more than 3 days.

I'm still getting the same popup message.  :wutface:

If anyone else has experienced this issue for a prolonged period time and then eventually been able to get rid of it, I'd really like to know what you did, or if the issue just cleared up on its own.

Sorry for bumping this thread.  I've had the popup shown in the first post numerous times, and always been able to bypass it pretty quickly by either waiting a few moments, or pressing B and then A again.

About a week ago I got the popup and was unable to get rid of it.  I tried everything I've ever seen suggested, ranging from loading up custom games, to letting it sit on the popup screen for a long time, to resetting my router.

Finally, I uninstalled the game and reinstalled.  I have pretty bad internet, and it just finished reinstalling tonight after more than 3 days.

I'm still getting the same popup message.  :wutface:

If anyone else has experienced this issue for a prolonged period time and then eventually been able to get rid of it, I'd really like to know what you did, or if the issue just cleared up on its own.

It cleared up on its own after 2-3 days for me :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any update on how to fix this? I'm currently having this problem.

Pressing B, waiting a few seconds and trying again didn't work?

It finally fixed itself for me when the playlists were updated, so I'm guessing that changes to playlists may trigger it sometimes.

Any kind of help aside from deleting and reinstalling the game would be great. This issue is utterly annoying.

Any kind of help aside from deleting and reinstalling the game would be great. This issue is utterly annoying.

I wouldn't even bother doing that.  I deleted and reinstalled and it didn't make any difference.  :rekt:

So another problem with MCC and no way to fix it, and apparently 343 hasn't even acknowledged it.

I just exit the app completely (guide button, menu button, close application), and when I go back in it works. Or if that doesn't work, try doing a hard reset (hold power button for ten seconds, or even turn off your system and just unplug it and wait 10 seconds and plug it back in).

I've had multiple problems when not doing a full shut down of my system and trying to get back into MCC, and doing the above has worked for me to solve other issues, and solve this particular issue as well. The pop up will still come up occasionally, but nothing that a hard reset doesn't fix

Just wanted to give an update on this. When they added H3 to Team Hardcore playlist several weeks ago is when I was unable to start getting into matchmaking. Was completely unable to get on between then and now that they added infection. So it's directly tied to playlist updates. Don't know how it chooses who is and isn't going to be able to access though.

Just wanted to give an update on this. When they added H3 to Team Hardcore playlist several weeks ago is when I was unable to start getting into matchmaking. Was completely unable to get on between then and now that they added infection. So it's directly tied to playlist updates. Don't know how it chooses who is and isn't going to be able to access though.

I feel bad for anyone who's affected by the final playlist update they do.  :prayers: