CyReN

Halo 4 Global Championship Discussion

There is a need for Spectator mode! What if one of my friends was in a game (e.g a 1v1) and they wanted me to watch. Fuck building a spectator map!

or you have too many people in your party but want to run 4v4 ...spectator mode for the extras and then switch them in next game?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously... I love Gandhi, I love Lethul, I dislike Halo 4 but these people just shit on Dersky who was the only one in the Skype call who thought in a bigger picture, not just what he self wants. 

An FFA is the smarter decision, nobody seems to understand that there. Who doesn't get why should not even discuss this topic.

343 should give the money to AGL, Microsoft decides where the money goes and which sponsor is chosen. 

Not informed about settings, infinity rumble is only grenades ordnance

The tournament is not done to increase the population it is to please or do something for the remeaning population. 

Yes it is late, yes it is not perfect but it is a great thing for us to have. 

Sorry but right now nobody seemed intelligent besides Dersky. 

EDIT: also Scott with his spectator mode thing... The next Xbox has twitch built in for every game.. there is no need for one.

On spectator mode, yes there is. That still only gives PoV's. Look at COD's spectator mode, it has the built in map so viewers can see where the action is. I'd really like a spectator mode similar to LoL's where we can flip through different players and see action based on what player we want to see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one comes to mind except the Sudds. Maybe Absolutely? Not 100% sure on that though.

I'm pretty sure Cpt. Anarchy lives in Arizona, as do I, fuck this state, it's to damn hot down here anyways.

What happens when hundreds of people play exactly 20 games and place first in all 20....

What happens when hundreds of people play exactly 20 games and place first in all 20....

Bravo just tweeted that # of games played is the tie breaker. So if 4 people win 21 out of 21 games they rank higher than the other 100 players you mentioned.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, spectator mode is needed, did you not see how well it ran on BLOPs2 at Anaheim?! It was so nice, inbuilt map, easy to change POVs, probably cheaper for at LANS, its an amazing feature that any FPS game should start incorporating to see eSports success 

So I just joined-in-progress a match of Rumble Pit down 15 on a map called Black Site, which I'm thoroughly convinced is the worst FFA map of all time. Not only was I down 15, the leader had OS and a mother *** lava cannon. This tournament is going to be amazing...  <_<

• Upvote (+1) 2

There isn't going to be JIP and party size is 1, which is a relief :).

* Online Tournament is open to everyone (excluding residents of AZ, CT, MD, TN, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW) who have reached the age of 18 or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside ...*

Can somebody tell me what this basically means... I'm from CT. I hope it doesn't mean what I think it does.  :blush:

* Online Tournament is open to everyone (excluding residents of AZ, CT, MD, TN, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW) who have reached the age of 18 or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside ...*

Can somebody tell me what this basically means... I'm from CT. I hope it doesn't mean what I think it does.  :blush:

Local gambling laws block it.

Bravo just tweeted that # of games played is the tie breaker. So if 4 people win 21 out of 21 games they rank higher than the other 100 players you mentioned.

Common sense prevails. Pretty intense way to run things.

inb4 T2 Snip3down or  Enable doesn't qualify at RTX and tell go on a twitter rant talking about how stupid the tourney is.  Well I don't think T2 would for sponsor's sake, but could definitely see SD or Enable doing it.

Side Note: Glad we have :ghost: and  :goldenboy: casting the event rather than Josh Holmes or Kevin Franklin rattling on about kids not using their assault rifles.

Local gambling laws block it.

I don't understand why a gambling law would prevent someone from participating in a No buy-in, free to enter tournament?

inb4 T2 Snip3down or  Enable doesn't qualify at RTX and tell go on a twitter rant talking about how stupid the tourney is.  Well I don't think T2 would for sponsor's sake, but could definitely see SD or Enable doing it.

Side Note: Glad we have  :ghost: and   :goldenboy: casting the event rather than Josh Holmes or Kevin Franklin rattling on about kids not using their assault rifles.

If Enable doesn't qualify, I'm going to laugh. Most of the people attending there are going for the Rooster Teeth, canon type stuff, you know that Red vs Blue thing. I doubt they're FFA monsters.

Glad to see some good monitors, big improvement from last years e3.

Glad to see some good monitors, big improvement from last years e3.

Do you know if all the FFA will be streamed or just the Sunday Finals? I think I read just Sunday but I'm not sure.

added some of the players and commentators I know are in attendance/will be attending.  Let me know if there are anymore you guys know and I will add them to the OP. :)