CyReN

Halo 4 Global Championship Discussion

I just skimmed over that article that was posted above.  I'm curious as to why over the years, so many casuals refer to MLG competitors as "MLG's."  It's like calling NFL players, "NFL's." They also say stuff like "I'm so MLG."  Do they not understand it's just a league like any regular sport. lol

They have no understanding of what MLG or competitive gaming is. It annoys me because they don't educate themselves properly and end up making themselves look like a tool. They bash professional gamers because gaming is their "job" but in reality, they're probably quite jealous that someone can get paid decent money playing video games as a teenager/young adult. 

Also, you have the online warriors who have MLG in their service tag/Gamertag who talk trash to everyone on XBL which gives the whole competitive scene a bad reputation and these uneducated people put us all into this one group and think we're all the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish there was some way to keep this playlist drama going. It's so satisfying making someone drop out the running or waste a quit. Lol.

Just made Kinnze quit out. <3

Feel bad for the players that are doing well in this and getting fucked over by 2nd accounts, sign-outs, bad hosts, DDoS and/or standby, or even players that are only gunning to drop out other players.  This is such a worthless tournament from the sounds of it.  It seems as host/connection issues are the least problematic throughout the qualification weeks, it's the players' and their desperation.

Anyways, Glad to see aPG and Mikwen in the top4!  I know they both have "golden tickets" to Seattle already, but neither have their flight covered unless they end up qualifying at this week's end.

SWEET I GET THE CHANCE TO GO TO SEATTLE??

Oh wait...im broke :ninja:

Seriously though, that's pretty neat. Good luck to everyone who is participating!

• Upvote (+1) 3

SWEET I GET THE CHANCE TO GO TO SEATTLE??

Oh wait...im broke :ninja:

Seriously though, that's pretty neat. Good luck to everyone who is participating!

No point in me even trying. Plane ticket from UK to Seattle = no thanks. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I follow both of these already, maybe I'll win by accident.

Could I defer my invite to someone else if I won?

I still don't have a twitter...

:ninja:

I know Halotracker is doing a giveaway too. I wouldn't be surprised if other communities are too.

How do they know if I follow both? Twitter and youtube are not connected...

I mean I do follow on both but how are they to know that?

Damn, 343 gave  :beyond: passes to H4GC?  Must mean CyReN, aPK, and Saucey are going to make a new website and use them for themselves soon.... :kappa:  :beyond:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I doubt I would get more than 5 kills.  I blow at FFA's more than normal matchmaking, and thats saying something!  Pitty because I live in Oregon.

Good luck to whom ever gets it!

I doubt I would get more than 5 kills.  I blow at FFA's more than normal matchmaking, and thats saying something!  Pitty because I live in Oregon.

Good luck to whom ever gets it!

With the passes you can compete or choose to spectate ;]

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dont know why I can't find it but where is the Global Championship going to be held so I can book my room and flight! 

Also when???

Anyone know what time the actual thing is supposed to take place? I'm thinking about going but only want to go for the Global Championship thing instead of the whole weekend. Or is this gonna be MLG/AGL-like and have it multiple days? Either way, anyone know the schedule?

I dont know why I can't find it but where is the Global Championship going to be held so I can book my room and flight! 

Also when???

PAX Prime, August 30 - September 2 at the Washington State Convention center in downtown Seattle.

http://prime.paxsite.com/hotels-and-travel

But I too would like to know when the acutal H4GC events will be taking place.

• Upvote (+1) 1