CyReN

Halo 4 Global Championship Discussion

The harsh truth is the people who back away form other "pros" lack the confidence that they can win. A true gamer would rise to the challenge and face them head on. 

So much this. I get matched up against pro's in TTD and I want to beat them. I actually try harder than I would against people who aren't known. My team on the other hand, just peaces out. I hate that, rise to the challenge, and overcome. 

And this mindset goes beyond matching pros, it trickles into the very game itself. I don't want to have to try to beat someone, so I'm just going to back out and complain on Waypoint that the X is too powerful and I'm getting killed by it too many times. Its easier to complain than it is to put time and practice into the game to make yourself better. And what's sad is that people today would rather take the easy route than actually put effort into something

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah after the pros did it, instead of disqualifying them, they all got rewarded with automatic entry to the Final Tournament (albeit they have to get through rounds and provide their own travel/boarding). Still, kinda hilarious.

I doubt anyone gets banned for something like this, unless 343/Waypoint makes an example of someone like Giggle Monster and sends the message out that we can be banned for doing it people will keep on doing the glitch.

But of course that did not work for BxR in H2 MM either B)  

I mean honestly am I the only one that just does not care about this?  I mean yeah maybe he shouldn't deserve to qualify since he did this (although maybe not since it was never stated by 343 that this was cheating- this is kind of a grassroots ruling by the community), and he shouldn't take away a spot from someone who did not do the sign out glitch- but this only masks the bigger problem which is that the way 343 ran this is messes up and able to be exploited.

Furthermore this guy doesn't deserve to be called a "scumbag" and have a witchhunt against him.  I mean holy shit, most of you people have done much worse things in your lives and at least he owned up to it and is taking the action that he will not go under that account name that used the glitch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean honestly am I the only one that just does not care about this?  I mean yeah maybe he shouldn't deserve to qualify since he did this (although maybe not since it was never stated by 343 that this was cheating- this is kind of a grassroots ruling by the community), and he shouldn't take away a spot from someone who did not do the sign out glitch- but this only masks the bigger problem which is that the way 343 ran this is messes up and able to be exploited.

Furthermore this guy doesn't deserve to be called a "scumbag" and have a witchhunt against him.  I mean holy shit, most of you people have done much worse things in your lives and at least he owned up to it and is taking the action that he will not go under that account name that used the glitch.

It's not really "owning up to it" when TSquared had video proof that was undeniable and was threatening to use it against him. He really had no way to dodge it. Lolz.

No, it's not the worst thing in the world, obviously, but it's still shitty. It's only made shittier because it's a person that has some sort of "importance" in our community.

It's drama for the sake of drama. Twitter's all about that life.

EDIT :: Also, the whole reason we're using shitty maps like Solace and Adrift is because 343 is so concerned of others using exploits to boost wins. I think it's pretty safe to say that 343 will be against it, though it's not specifically stated.

It's not really "owning up to it" when TSquared had video proof that was undeniable and was threatening to use it against him. He really had no way to dodge it. Lolz.

No, it's not the worst thing in the world, obviously, but it's still shitty. It's only made shittier because it's a person that has some sort of "importance" in our community.

It's drama for the sake of drama. Twitter's all about that life.

I agree. I still don't really have a problem with it though. If it isn't stated that it's against the rules, it's still a part of the game imo.

It's what happens with online qualifiers. Least he owned up to it, though he probably would have kept lying if T2 didn't have video proof.

I agree. I still don't really have a problem with it though. If it isn't stated that it's against the rules, it's still a part of the game imo.

I don't have a problem with it only because I'm apathetic about the tournament as a whole (lolz) but with sign out glitching, it just becomes a game of who can play the most games in a week's time. That's no fun. The 3-quit system at least made grinding out 100+ wins take skill mixed with a little luck and made things like watching Ryanoob with 1 quit left on-stream interesting and fun. Now, if you're someone that's at a pretty high skill level as it is, you don't have to worry about ever playing any real competition because you've technically got unlimited quits as long as you use them preemptively.

I don't have a problem with it only because I'm apathetic about the tournament as a whole (lolz) but with sign out glitching, it just becomes a game of who can play the most games in a week's time. That's no fun. The 3-quit system at least made grinding out 100+ wins take skill mixed with a little luck and made things like watching Ryanoob with 1 quit left on-stream interesting and fun. Now, if you're someone that's at a pretty high skill level as it is, you don't have to worry about ever playing any pros because you've technically got unlimited quits as long as you use them preemptively.

I totally agree. It isn't fair, but I wish 343 would have said anyone using the sign out glitch would be disqualified or something like that. They have just ignored it, so I can't really blame anyone for doing it. 

I totally agree. It isn't fair, but I wish 343 would have said anyone using the sign out glitch would be disqualified or something like that. They have just ignored it, so I can't really blame anyone for doing it. 

Truefax. It took a lot of poking at people for awhile to figure out whether it was "okay" to use multiple accounts as well. Gotta make things crystal clear if you want to make any attempt at keeping the loopholes to a minimum.

I'm kinda surprised at people saying its ok since 343 hasnt said anything about this glitch yet. Really? if the glitch makes it so you can quit and avoid losses without receiving the penalty for doing so does it really need to be stated that its against the rules? 

As for people saying props cuz he came clean... LOL. he denied it until T2 threatened to reveal his video proof, he only came out cuz he was backed into a corner. 

Dont care that he said he didnt cheat on his other account either. The fact that he cheated should basically disqualify him from the tourney on all tags. He is a co-owner of AGL and thus a community figurehead( His overall weight and influence in the community can be argued but thats besides the point)  and he should know better than to use a glitch to cheat the system no matter the severity of the glitch and if it was "for fun" as he says. Highly disappointing. I don't hate him i just think he should have to face the consequences. Hopefully he is being sincere.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So your saying you should keep the spot AFTER you cheated? Why don't you call out said pros and get them removed as well. Cheaters never prosper you got caught you get DQ.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Truefax. It took a lot of poking at people for awhile to figure out whether it was "okay" to use multiple accounts as well. Gotta make things crystal clear if you want to make any attempt at keeping the loopholes to a minimum.

Pretty much this exactly. People are doing it, so 343 needs to say whether it's ok or not or the majority of people will still do it. If they don't, it's just a giant loophole

I'm kinda surprised at people saying its ok since 343 hasnt said anything about this glitch yet. Really? if the glitch makes it so you can quit and avoid losses without receiving the penalty for doing so does it really need to be stated that its against the rules? 

Yes it does. Because technically they are still operating within the guidelines of the tournament. It's just a giant loophole right now. Even if it isn't fair.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As long as you are buddies with Bravo it's not cheating.

Also, no one else at 343 will say anything because acknowledging the glitch means they made a mistake.

• Upvote (+1) 2

*snip*

It's funny because this whole thing was brought about because you tweeted at Bravo and bs_angel about getting a 4th loss when you only quit 3 times.

@bsangel @BravoMLG Hey so I just got a loss on the leaderboard even though I didn't lose or use a 4th quit. Account: TorqueyRat29863

"It doesn't matter doe because I already qualified"

I doubt anyone "hates" you over this. But there's no way you don't understand why you're getting so much heat, regardless of your reasoning behind it. All the excuses in the world won't wipe away the stain mangggg. Take it in stride. Shit happens. Life goes on.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So your saying you should keep the spot AFTER you cheated? Why don't you call out said pros and get them removed as well. Cheaters never prosper you got caught you get DQ.

so he should be a snitch? yep thats how you regain respect from the community  :kappa:

@giggle thank you for at least explaining what happened. will it silence the critics, probably not all of them but you were more open in that one post then 343 has been over the last 8 months so thanks

• Upvote (+1) 3

so he should be a snitch? yep thats how you regain respect from the community  :kappa:

@giggle thank you for at least explaining what happened. will it silence the critics, probably not all of them but you were more open in that one post then 343 has been over the last 8 months so thanks

I just think it would be fair if we know who else did it and if he knows then tell 343 and get them removed. simple as that.

• Downvote (-1) 1

No, I'm saying I should keep my spot on the account I qualified 100% legit on.  I already expected the other accounts to get removed from the leaderboard before all of this.  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's going great.  We're in testing mode.  I just tweeted out a picture if you want to check it out.  

Not exactly sure why everyone is attacking me.  When week 2 came around, I played 30 games on Monday and 33 games on Tuesday.  This was on my Giggle Monstat account, which is 100% legit.  I ran out of quits at 63 wins so I decided to make a new account, ChilliestName48.  I played a ton of games on this account and didn't use a quit for a very long time.  Sunday came around and I was on my final run.  I matched an unamed pro on my second account and when the game started I noticed he had quit.  I thought this was fishy so I went and checked Halo Waypoint.  What did I notice?  He was completely removed from the game on Halo Waypoint.  I then went on to my main account to test if this was some freak accident or not.  It wasn't.  I didn't want to risk losing so I stayed 100% on my ChilliestName48 account.  As I was playing through the day, I noticed more and more people on top of the leaderboard that were using this exploit against me.   After another pro used it against me, it came to a point where I said "Screw this, I'm doing it too."  I then ended up 6th on my Giggle Monstat account that hadn't been played on since Tuesday and 2nd on my ChilliestName48 account where I used an exploit on Sunday.  

I DO NOT THINK USING THE EXPLOIT WAS RIGHT

At the end of Week 3, the cheaters were removed from the leaderboard and my accounts were bumped up to 1st and 4th.  Sweet.  I made it 100% legit on Giggle Monstat and got 1st on ChilliestName48 while using an exploit on the last day.  

I started playing in week 4 just for fun and then ended up 30-0 with no quits used, 100% legit.  I ended up running out of quits at 70 something wins.  Knowing that I'm already out of quits, I don't want to knock out players that may qualify, and I'm right there in the Top 4, I decided to use the sign out glitch.  I knew this wouldn't matter because I've already qualified and would get removed from the week 4 leaderboards anyways.  I didn't want to be a bully so I started dodging good players on Sunday.  I guess I matched T2 on another account when I used the exploit.  Something he didn't know at the time is that I've already qualified and am playing just for fun.  Why would I want to knock out players when I'm already qualified?  

I personally don't think I'm deserving of all this heat.  I qualified 100% legit before using any exploit.  It's not like I cheated to win the actual 200k, or even cheated to earn my spot for that matter.  I even had the heart to admit that I used the exploit and lied, unlike several unnamed pros.  I'm feeling incredibly sad at the moment from what certain people are saying.  I hope I'm not viewed as a bad person/player because I would do anything for this community.  

Sorry for the long read,

Connor

+Respect for coming out and talking about it on the forums.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I just think it would be fair if we know who else did it and if he knows then tell 343 and get them removed. simple as that.

Every single person in the Top 10 currently.  As well as last week.  Also, at least 12 pros that I will not name.  They're all using the exploit A LOT more than me but I guess I'll take the heat for it.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Link

Also it's not hard to hide it - just avoid signing out against known players or secondary accounts.

Gamesager has not been doing the sign out glitch lol, plus Naded now wants him to qualify, which you would know by reading his later tweets.

• Upvote (+1) 1