CyReN

Halo 4 Global Championship Discussion

Its not like anyone that didnt qualify from AGL has a chance anyway. Im sure all there invited people that arent Naded/Formal will be knocked out almost immediately anyways. I know thats not the point but if they wanted a fair tournament they should have not used an online qualifier.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regardless of the fact that you have no proof to this accusation, there was no specification in the rules against others playing on a gamertag. None. Zero. Zilch. While you may view that act, if he did use others, as a violation, it isn't. Read some Sirlin to determine what a real winner is and then judge if you think SS didn't deserve it. I know plenty of people that held similar opinions to you when Richard won the first Survivor by using tactics that were viewed as underhanded, but winning is winning. 

This happened awhile ago - the community knows what he did to win the truck - did you notice that no one cared? Why? Because his GT is Strongside.  (humorous right?) I am not trying to bring up old news, and if you dont feel he cheated or support him in what he did, then fantastic and more power to you, however it is pretty common knowledge. 

The purpose of bringing it up is to show that this is not the only time we have seen online competitions become corrupt.

343 is amazing (sarcasm) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hope he doesn't think everyone hates him now. Everyone makes mistakes; there's no point in holding a grudge if he's sincerely sorry. 

As a community leader, and co-owner of AGL, he's definitely ashamed by this and will probably stick with him, so long as he remains in said position. 

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just hope he doesn't think everyone hates him now. Everyone makes mistakes; there's no point in holding a grudge if he's sincerely sorry. 

As a community leader, and co-owner of AGL, he's definitely ashamed by this and will probably stick with him, so long as he remains in said position. 

tumblr_lzr7j1DoLS1qlvb6so1_500.gif

(had to do it)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Its not like anyone that didnt qualify from AGL has a chance anyway. Im sure all there invited people that arent Naded/Formal will be knocked out almost immediately anyways. I know thats not the point but if they wanted a fair tournament they should have not used an online qualifier.

It's about the experience too though, garrygreiko (week 1 top qualifier) is from the Halo scene here in Aus and is being flown to the states at 343's expense, even if I was going to get wasted in the actual comp (not saying he is, kids a beast) I'd be more than happy for the trip :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

People wouldn't have to cheat if the CSR actually worked. Instead of people actually playing against their skill level, people have to aim for ridiculous win streaks. And if you lose just ONE game, you're done. Were talking about FFA's here too. Winning every FFA isn't always going to happen (unless youre Karma).

And all the top players dont want to be the guy that gets matched up with a pro and possibly lose by one or two kills, and basically eliminate him from the tournament while other pros gets matched up with thumbless idiots.

From what I remember, Giggle Monster played well at the PAX event and placed in the top 4 for the finals right? Knocking out T2 in one of the rounds as well. So hes already qualified from the PAX event. Is that correct? I could be thinking of something else though

• Upvote (+1) 1

1) He cheated, 343 now knows, lets move on.

2) T2 did the right thing, oh... if it was somebody else, probably people wouldn't talk crap (not really crap, but you get me...) about him.

3) I like turtles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1) He cheated, 343 now knows, lets move on.

2) T2 did the right thing, oh... if it was somebody else, probably people wouldn't talk crap (not really crap, but you get me...) about him.

3) I like turtles.

3) is definitely the most significant out of all of those.  :maven:

I don't hate him for it. I'm sure most of the qualified players have used the glitch, and with out 343 ruling against it, it shouldn't be considered quitting. But I have the unpopular opinion lol.

This happened awhile ago - the community knows what he did to win the truck - did you notice that no one cared? Why? Because his GT is Strongside.  (humorous right?) I am not trying to bring up old news, and if you dont feel he cheated or support him in what he did, then fantastic and more power to you, however it is pretty common knowledge. 

The purpose of bringing it up is to show that this is not the only time we have seen online competitions become corrupt.

343 is amazing (sarcasm) 

A. Prove it.

B. Show me the rule saying you couldn't use other players.

C. Just because you decide something is immoral or unethical doesn't make it so for everyone. That's how religion works. Rules are in place to prevent cheating, so I refer to suggestion B. 

D. Corruption would involve a violation of a rule....see suggestion B. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

What a dick, an an idiot. He's a Didiot. Did he cheat? He didiot.

A. Prove it.

C. Just because you decide something is immoral or unethical doesn't make it so for everyone. That's how religion works. Rules are in place to prevent cheating, so I refer to suggestion B. 

Well, the rules doesnt says: No more than one person shouldn't play in the same gamertag  :)

T2 to Giggle Monster "Your lucky im signed to a contract"  :lol:

The funniest thing about this twitter drama is the only reason Giggle Monster is being called out for using the sign out glitch when multiple people and pros have done it, is because T2 is calling him out. If some random called him out nobody would care.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The funniest thing about this twitter drama is the only reason Giggle Monster is being called out for using the sign out glitch when multiple people and pros have done it, is because T2 is calling him out. If some random called him out nobody would care.

But once he is off his contract, T2 might literally kill Giggle Monster  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah after the pros did it, instead of disqualifying them, they all got rewarded with automatic entry to the Final Tournament (albeit they have to get through rounds and provide their own travel/boarding). Still, kinda hilarious.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The harsh truth is the people who back away form other "pros" lack the confidence that they can win. A true gamer would rise to the challenge and face them head on. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean it sucks and is obviously cheating, but this is one of the downfalls of having a tournament like this. Wish there was a better detection and punishment for it.

I think I played one game in Global Championship, maybe two.

But I'm 15 so I don't really care about it.

I'm legitimately confused as to how this warrants to neg reps.

I'm only 15 so I won't really bother with a competition you have to be 18 or older to participate in.

Were people offended that I said I don't really care about it? I meant the online qualifier playlist, in reality I'm extremely excited for the tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A. Prove it.

FXrtV.jpg

... No thanks BossNasti,  - Im over it just like the rest of the community.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm legitimately confused as to how this warrants to neg reps.

I'm only 15 so I won't really bother with a competition you have to be 18 or older to participate in.

Were people offended that I said I don't really care about it? I meant the online qualifier playlist, in reality I'm extremely excited for the tournament.

I think people just didn't see the point of the post. It's like, "OMG Giggle cheated! That's so messed up" "I'm 15, I don't care"

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think people just didn't see the point of the post. It's like, "OMG Giggle cheated! That's so messed up" "I'm 15, I don't care"

lol yeah