CyReN

Halo 4 Global Championship Discussion

This is Tom Taylor

Tom Taylor

But you might know me as Tsquared

Tsquared

I've got the Halo 3 tips

That'll have you calling out like a pro.

Get it? He called out Giggle Monster? bleh. 

ehhhhh - try again.  ;)

+1 for the effort.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ehhhhh - try again.   ;)

+1 for the effort.

I did change a few words to make it make sense :( 

So here's the thing I personally stopped playing Halo for two reasons 

- The game isn't fun to me anymore 

- The Community

This is just so toxic and bad for Halo, especially for the game I love and adore and I know so many other people who left for the same reasons 

Now I'm just curious how 343i will handle it because in League of Legends the World Finalist team "Azubu Frost" now "CJ Entus Frost" used to have a player named Woong who was caught cheating during a QF match against TSM (Team SoloMid) by looking at the megatron behind the players and pin pointed their location and was fined $30,000 but not only this but soon later cheated again was perma banned as a player and not only this but in StarCraft they suspended a player for drugs and other bad activity for 6 months away from competitions and many many more. Although this is on a "smaller scale" 343i needs to make a move to show they're are serious about eSports and especially when it comes down to toxic behavior.

Sure I get why you guys are bashing on T2 but this is a "Figure" in the community so this is on a bigger scale and I know there are other pros, but hopefully this will be a wake up call for 343i

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can you really blame anyone for cheating? With a lot of money on the line, I would pull out every trick in the book to qualify. If anything blame Halo 4's crappy matchmaking system and the shitty online qualifier.

Can you really blame anyone for cheating? With a lot of money on the line, I would pull out every trick in the book to qualify. If anything blame Halo 4's crappy matchmaking system and the shitty online qualifier.

Lol, I've seen people do worse with no money on the line, that's the funniest thing. The things people will do for as little as a bit of recognition. Add $200k to the mix and lawddddd.

T2 - "Dont even think about cheating in a game I dont play anymore...."

Police%2009802%20Policeman.jpg

This was so  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I really the only one who would like to see him qualify, only get smashed into oblivion by OLA at the championships?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I really the only one who would like to see him qualify, only get smashed into oblivion by OLA at the championships?

I'd prefer someone who actually didn't cheat to get that spot. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

You know I would respect T2's opinion a little more if he didn't abandon Halo.

Can't blame him. 

Would you rather still compete in a dying franchise when you've been competing since CE or would you rather take a stable paycheck from Gamespot and work for them.

I know what I'd choose.

He still does various content for Halo even if it isn't competing, but Gamespot have bigger fish to fry then Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can't blame him. 

Would you rather still compete in a dying franchise when you've been competing since CE or would you rather take a stable paycheck from Gamespot and work for them.

I know what I'd choose.

I know, but one of the OG faces who left Halo is calling one of the new faces of competitive Halo disrespectful. Just a bittersweet moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I know, but one of the OG faces who abandoned Halo is calling one of the new faces of competitive Halo disrespectful. Just a bittersweet moment.

I wouldn't really call him "the new face of competitive Halo" lol. He just threw a bunch of money at AGL and is now a co-owner.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was funny. I was watching the Dota 2 tournament and thinking "Someday, Halo may raise through the ranks and be this awesome. From a competition standpoint, from a spectator standpoint, and from a community standpoint" Then I see this on twitter. I love T2, I don't consider anyone who leaves Halo to have "abandoned" it. So I don't have a problem with T2 calling this guy out, I'm happy somebody did. It's always terrible to make an example out of someone, but it should give a heads up to anyone else who hopes to make a name in Halo that cheating is not the way to do it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wouldn't really call him "the new face of competitive Halo" lol. He just threw a bunch of money at AGL and is now a co-owner.

I said one of the new faces just because he is a part of AGL, with AGL being the new face of competitive Halo. 

I said one of the new faces just because he is a part of AGL, with AGL being the new face of competitive Halo. 

Yeah, I get AGL and props to Brad and Billy and anyone else, but Giggle Monster is ehhh. Plus after what he's done tonight, I have no respect for him. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know, but one of the OG faces who abandoned Halo is calling one of the new faces of competitive Halo disrespectful. Just a bittersweet moment.

Yikes, are people still carrying this mentality? 

Stop playing a video game that wasn't fun and had no competitive value, and boom, you're worse than a draft dodger.  

It was funny. I was watching the Dota 2 tournament and thinking "Someday, Halo may raise through the ranks and be this awesome. From a competition standpoint, from a spectator standpoint, and from a community standpoint" Then I see this on twitter. I love T2, I don't consider anyone who leaves Halo to have "abandoned" it. So I don't have a problem with T2 calling this guy out, I'm happy somebody did. It's always terrible to make an example out of someone, but it should give a heads up to anyone else who hopes to make a name in Halo that cheating is not the way to do it.

I mean it's 100% my opinion, and it doesn't really matter overall. Not trying to say anything bad about T2, but it just feels bittersweet. Kind of ironical. I totally get what you are saying though. It also should be 343's job to make an example out of someone. They haven't even stated it is cheating yet.

Edited because it was poorly worded and didn't accurately express my intention.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I mean it's 100% my opinion, and it doesn't really matter overall. But I just don't like that a guy who was the face of competitive Halo, completely quits, then comes back almost 1 and a half years later for a $500k free-for-all and calls someone out for being disrespectful. I totally get what you are saying though. It also should be 343's job to make an example out of someone. They haven't even stated it is cheating yet.

343 would never call an individual out for cheating. They would just remove them from the competition. If T2 had completely quit the community, we wouldn't know about this, and 343 might not either. Maybe they saw the Tweets and were able to deal with Giggle Monster accordingly. 

Yikes, are people still carrying this mentality? 

Stop playing a video game that wasn't fun and had no competitive value, and boom, you're worse than a draft dodger.  

I don't blame him for leaving. I just don't like how he worded everything. I like Tom, and he is a really nice guy, just could have been said better. It's just my opinion though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

stopped streaming and had multiple people playing on his account around the clock. (which of course he fervently denies....however,,,, you seen side around lately?)

Dude knew that was the most he was going to get out of H4, cause it sure as shit wasnt going to be a good game.

Regardless of the fact that you have no proof to this accusation, there was no specification in the rules against others playing on a gamertag. None. Zero. Zilch. While you may view that act, if he did use others, as a violation, it isn't. Read some Sirlin to determine what a real winner is and then judge if you think SS didn't deserve it. I know plenty of people that held similar opinions to you when Richard won the first Survivor by using tactics that were viewed as underhanded, but winning is winning. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

343 would never call an individual out for cheating. They would just remove them from the competition. If T2 had completely quit the community, we wouldn't know about this, and 343 might not either. Maybe they saw the Tweets and were able to deal with Giggle Monster accordingly. 

I agree, but it was 343's job to say whether it is considered cheating. Otherwise it's still a part of the game. 343 had to have known about the sign out glitch for as long as we have.