CyReN

Halo 4 Global Championship Discussion

Yeah :/ I really hope 343 has some kind of prevention system in place.

It will probably be up to Virgin Gaming for that, so I doubt they do. Wish MLG would have been given the opportunity to host this.

So even if a player wins all 20 qualifier matches online, the player who plays 25 and wins all would beat him? Basically the peeople with the best winning streaks qualify or the Finals?

In addition, up to 230 additional players may be invited by Sponsor or 343 Industries to participate in the Finals event.

Top 6 teams should all get free passes.

There are some crazy restrictions on this tournament, I couldn't believe it.

Online Tournament is open to everyone (excluding residents of AZ, CT, MD, TN, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW)

MD resident as well. I was actually going to do this too.

In addition, up to 230 additional players may be invited by Sponsor or 343 Industries to participate in the Finals event.

To participate? So they don't even have to qualify? 

I really hope it isn't going to be an infinity playlist. Onyx needs to be the main FFA map.

So what if I say I'm from another state?

Im sure you would have to provide some identification to claim your prize

Im sure you would have to provide some identification to claim your prize

Oh well.

One problem I see happening with the online qualifiers is the people who back out of lobbies to match people of less skill and to always make sure they pull host. Other than that it sounds pretty good.

Is it your best 20 games you play all week? or the first 20 games? or as much points as you can get divided by games played?

Week 1. Infinity Rumble

Week 2. Rumble SWAT

Week 3. Rumble Pro

Week 4. Rumble Grab Bag

Week 5. Legendary Rumble

Props to 343i and Virgin for hosting this tournament, but this is going to be hilarious. I am interested in Legendary Slayer being released by week 5 though. Can't wait to hear about the settings.

Week 1. Infinity Rumble

Week 2. Rumble SWAT

Week 3. Rumble Pro

Week 4. Rumble Grab Bag

Week 5. Legendary Rumble

WEEK 1: L8

WEEK 2: L8

WEEK 4: WHAT IS THIS

Is it your best 20 games you play all week? or the first 20 games? or as much points as you can get divided by games played?

I'm pretty sure it is 20 minimum. It then takes the average score (you get 8 for first, 7 for second, 6 for 3rd, and so on) of every game you play.

I was gonna compete until I read the rules "18 or older" and I'm just like what the fuck. I'm 16, turning 17 and heading on to my senior year in High School and I guess they're saying "What the hell are you gonna do with the money IF you win :kappa:" Total BS

Week 1. Infinity Rumble

Week 2. Rumble SWAT

Week 3. Rumble Pro

Week 4. Rumble Grab Bag

Week 5. Legendary Rumble

Props to 343i and Virgin for hosting this tournament, but this is going to be hilarious. I am interested in Legendary Slayer being released by week 5 though. Can't wait to hear about the settings.

lmfao

Well, this "Halo" thing was fun, I'll see you guys later. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sure, you get more points for winning matches, but it's still play till' you drop with 8 players on probable shit map like Simplex over the net with terrible netcode.

Leeesss...not go anywhere...

WEEK 1: L8

WEEK 2: L8

WEEK 4: WHAT IS THIS

How funny would it Week 4 was like action sack LOL. But seriously, it probably just gives options for every FFA gametype (Infinity, SWAT, Pro, and Legendary)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know if the FFA settings are up in a fileshare yet? Gotta get my practice in

Week 5 is BTB FFA CTF. Good thing I've been practicing.

I wish other games had the backing to do this. Could you imagine a 500,000k shadowrun tournament? It'd be the most intense thing ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was gonna compete until I read the rules "18 or older" and I'm just like what the fuck. I'm 16, turning 17 and heading on to my senior year in High School and I guess they're saying "What the hell are you gonna do with the money IF you win :kappa:" Total BS

That's not what they are saying at all. It's called legalities. Unfortunately since the tournament has an online portion they have to take into consideration the laws of every eligible country, state, and province.

inb4 host booting, cheating, boosters get into finals then get smashed by pros. 

It's the Halo 4 Global Championship...doesn't include AZ, CT, MD, TN, Quebec.  -_-

Edit: I JUST REALIZED THE SUDDS CAN'T COMPETE lol

• Upvote (+1) 4