CyReN

Halo 4 Global Championship Discussion

Naded losing on both his accounts explains his rage on twitter. This puts rest of the players in the top 4 in a very good spot now since they won't have to play any games until someone randomly makes a huge run and also the fact that people will be more hesitant to do the sign-out glitch in fear of potentially getting disqualified.

Glitch, exploit, call it what you will but it's still cheating. People use it to avoid playing good players or particular maps without jeopardizing their chances at qualifying. 

Dashboarding may be an Xbox function, but it's not a Halo mechanic. There's nowhere in the rules that specifically prohibits you from using a JTAG'd Xbox so you can fly around the map invulnerable, but I think you need to be told not to do so because it's cheating. Do you think you're not subject to Xbox Live's rules by chance?

Shit, I didn't realize Xbox Live rules say you can't dashboard. It's like they put it there just to tempt us.

• Downvote (-1) 1

LuLz.  Let's defend the cheaters.  It's an exploit, you said it.  I could see if they were just doing because they had to go or wanted to play something else but they're using it to dodge good players.  You folks are defending it because you're doing the same thing and need an excuse to tell yourself you're not cheating.  GG ******s.

I haven't played a game in the global championship, check my gamer tag. I'm not anywhere close to good enough to win anything. I'm just using logic. Cheating = breaking the rules, exploiting = working within the existing rules. Unless someone proves me wrong, which I'm more than welcoming, dashboarding is not against the GC rules, or the Xbox Live rules. It definitely is somewhat immoral, and it'd be pretty awesome if we all governed ourselves with some sort of universal morality, but sadly, that's not how the world works. If you work around laws, you won't go to jail. Look at the banking industry and big business. They're terrible, but you're not allowed to make exceptions and convict people unless they've strictly broken the rules/law. 

I'm not really defending these people, because either way, I have no horse in this race. What I'm saying is, unless there is something in the rules, 343 has little to no justification if they were to DQ these people. Of course they could always pull the, "this is our competition, we do what we want" card and ban everyone. That'd be interesting though, seeing as how so many pros have already done it/tweeted about doing it. It would probably be bad publicity. I guess only time will tell.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Shit, I didn't realize Xbox Live rules say you can't dashboard. It's like they put it there just to tempt us.

Xbox Live rules say you can't cheat.Abusing an exploit in the game is cheating.

Would like to see all the pros who used this DQ'd.  Would be hilarious.  When T2 got stuck in a stacked bracket at RTX he shoulda dashboarded out to get an easier match. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Would like to see all the pros who used this DQ'd.  Would be hilarious.  When T2 got stuck in a stacked bracket at RTX he shoulda dashboarded out to get an easier match. 

Bro, you're lucky he's signed on a contract. Stupid noob.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

city...so i've heard

might be one saturday night. You interested in reliving the glory days?

They should have done this just like the Halo 2 Challenge playlist. For those of you who do not know what this was, it was basically a ranked rumble pit playlist for I think 2 weeks where at the end of it the top 8 players competed in an FFA to win some prizes. This would solve the problem of "who can kill the noobs the fastest" when you have 2 good players in 1 game. The good players will eventually all be high levels and will be fighting amongst each other for the top spots.

They should have done this just like the Halo 2 Challenge playlist. For those of you who do not know what this was, it was basically a ranked rumble pit playlist for I think 2 weeks where at the end of it the top 8 players competed in an FFA to win some prizes. This would solve the problem of "who can kill the noobs the fastest" when you have 2 good players in 1 game. The good players will eventually all be high levels and will be fighting amongst each other for the top spots.

Yeah, they should have made it so that higher ranked people on the leaderboard only match vs other people around their rank instead of it all being random. One game you might match up vs 2 pros but then the next 10 games, you'll be matching against thumbless idiots who don't know how to play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, they should have made it so that higher ranked people on the leaderboard only match vs other people around their rank instead of it all being random. One game you might match up vs 2 pros but then the next 10 games, you'll be matching against thumbless idiots who don't know how to play.

I know it sounds weird, but I am terrible at killing noobs. I'd rather play in an FFA with 8 good people. The decisions noobs make throw me off my game. So when I get in a H4GC match with 6 noobs and 1 other decent player, its tougher than it should be for me. Its very irritating and I would have a much better shot of actually doing well if it was done as if it was a ranked playlist.

Congrats to all the players who received an Invite via qualifications 

• 1st AGL 3 4v4
  • 1st AGL 4 4v4
  • 1st AGL 5 4v4
  • 1st AGL 6 4v4
  • 1st AGL 7 4v4 and Top 16 FFA
  • 1st AGL 8 4v4 and Top 16 FFA
  • Competitors receive an invitation to compete at the PAX venue for the grand prize, however they must pay for travel and lodging!

Venue looks absolutely sick! :)

:ph34r:

dibs on your couch?  :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Neighbor just tweeted that he is going to host a lan a week prior to the GC event and Naded, Legit, and Heinz already seem interested. 

• Upvote (+1) 1