CyReN

Halo 4 Global Championship Discussion

da5a70b0f562321f67685ddb40c52a6a.png

Naded deleted that tweet a few minutes after.

Sounds like there will be 0 goals per game, i was hoping it'd be like FFA oddball or something :(

FFA Lightning flag too

Full list

Grif

Light flag (1 neutral flag)

Regicide

Fiesta

Mini Slayer

So glad i'll be chilling on the beach during that week lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

holy shit doju that sounds terrible hahahah.

Why single out Naded Coach?

All naded is doing is taking advantage of a very flawed playlist/contest

Maybe next time 343 could use their brain and think of a better way to hold an online qualifier

Not going to lie if I was playing the Global FFA playlist it would be hard not to use the sign out glitch if you matched a pro and you hadn't lost yet.

Amateurs

Ehhh it kind gets to me when people say its cheating. I'll try to lay it out simply for people.

Halo 3, as soon as you get into that pregame lobby you are locked in. If you signed out or dashboarded it would count as a loss.

Obviously Bungie didn't give their code to 343 so in Halo 4, when you get to pregame lobby it doesn't count as you being in game. Thus why people can actually just backout in every playlist. All 343 have done for this Halo 4 GS is simply disable the use of the backout button. That still doesn't mean that you are locked into the game in pregame lobby. So simply signing out or dash boarding will be the same as backing out normally in h4.

Nothing tracked, nothing logged, no record of you being in that game.

So i'm going to guess that means 343 cant do anything about it and cant do shit about stopping it as they have previously mentioned its not that easy to get rid of backing out in pregame.

Tl;dr - Bad coding, not trackable. You could argue that they implemented the no backout feature because they didn't want anyone to backout so technically they are kind of breaking a rule but really its clutching on straws, similar to the second account bs that all the pro's are doing..

Everybody keeps calling these people cheaters, so I just want to make sure, is there anything in the rules that makes what they're doing illegal? Because I just skimmed them and I don't see anything there, but feel free to prove me wrong.

If this exploit is there, and people are using it, then the pros would just be unnecessarily handicapping themselves by not doing it. I mean, they're not hurting anybody in the game by leaving in the pre-lobby. Hell, they're doing everyone there a favor. And now that everyone knows about dashboarding, everyone is on an even playing field again. I say, no harm no foul, especially since it seems like multiple accounts are fair game. This will just lead to more outrageous streaks.

Everybody keeps calling these people cheaters, so I just want to make sure, is there anything in the rules that makes what they're doing illegal? Because I just skimmed them and I don't see anything there, but feel free to prove me wrong.

If this exploit is there, and people are using it, then the pros would just be unnecessarily handicapping themselves by not doing it. I mean, they're not hurting anybody in the game by leaving in the pre-lobby. Hell, they're doing everyone there a favor. And now that everyone knows about dashboarding, everyone is on an even playing field again. I say, no harm no foul, especially since it seems like multiple accounts are fair game. This will just lead to more outrageous streaks.

No, not everyone knows about it. Not everyone uses Forums/Twitter. Even something as big as CSR coming out for Halo 4, you had a whole bunch of people who had no clue about it.

Really? If they didn't glitch and quit out in a legit way it would count as one of their quits.  More than 3 and you get a loss.  Using a glitch to get more quits is not cheating?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really? If they didn't glitch and quit out in a legit way it would count as one of their quits.  More than 3 and you get a loss.  Using a glitch to get more quits is not cheating?

But they aren't quitting. Halo 4 doesn't count pre game lobby as being in a game. So normally you can backout, sign out or dashboard to get out of the lobby. All they did for Halo 4 GC was disabled the ability to backout using the button on your controller. You can still backout by signing out or dashboaring.

Unfortunalty they didn't use similar code to previous halos where once you were in the lobby that counts as you being in the game.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CAPTURE CARD TO CAPTURE THE FUCKING CRAZIEST THING TO HAPPEN IN H4?

I'm playing this game of GC playlist and everything seems fine in the first 20 seconds of the game and randomly I start hearing the grunt party skull noise going off over and over again and there is this guy who is a fucking BR just running around killing people!!!! The shit was unreal man I haven't seen anybody mod like that since H2 someone has to take this gameplay and show it on YT or something it's so nuts. 

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/ladders%20breh/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameClip&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0

There's my fileshare "WHAT ON EARTH" is the GP someone else let me know if this has happened cause this shit was wild.

Really? Dashboarding is a glitch? Not a basic function that has been part of the Xbox since day one? Didn't realize I was glitching when I wanted to go from Netflix to Twitch.

It's not a glitch, it's just exploiting the system. A loophole, if you will. I can't find in the rules where it says you're not allowed to dashboard out of games, can you? The problem is not on our end, it's on theirs. If 343 decides that dashboarding shouldn't be allowed, then they should change the game and make dashboarding count as a quit.

LuLz.  Let's defend the cheaters.  It's an exploit, you said it.  I could see if they were just doing because they had to go or wanted to play something else but they're using it to dodge good players.  You folks are defending it because you're doing the same thing and need an excuse to tell yourself you're not cheating.  GG *******.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Really? Dashboarding is a glitch? Not a basic function that has been part of the Xbox since day one? Didn't realize I was glitching when I wanted to go from Netflix to Twitch.

It's not a glitch, it's just exploiting the system. A loophole, if you will. I can't find in the rules where it says you're not allowed to dashboard out of games, can you? The problem is not on our end, it's on theirs. If 343 decides that dashboarding shouldn't be allowed, then they should change the game and make dashboarding count as a quit.

Glitch, exploit, call it what you will but it's still cheating. People use it to avoid playing good players or particular maps without jeopardizing their chances at qualifying. 

Dashboarding may be an Xbox function, but it's not a Halo mechanic. There's nowhere in the rules that specifically prohibits you from using a JTAG'd Xbox so you can fly around the map invulnerable, but I think you don't need to be told not to do so because it's cheating. Do you think you're not subject to Xbox Live's rules by chance?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1