CyReN

Halo 4 Global Championship Discussion

It depends if the Mod was actually on his way to win the money.  Does he have an 8 like the top tier guys do?  If not, and it's obvious he wasn't going to get invited, AND they were friends, it's a dick move.  

In any other circumstances though it's not.

who qualified from last week. did they announce official top 4?

I think they said they're still going through the leaderboards to check the data for any cheating etc because the leaderboards failed this week, or something along those lines.

Am I supposed to re-register every week?

Edit:  Nevermind, the leaderboard updates super slow

so many 1 months filling up the leaderboard, Microsoft is making bank

I know right.  The biggest cash crop for them membership wise was probably the Halo 3 era though. People made new accounts like crazy

Anyone know who CrawlingRoach5 and MalerErde1 are?

Formal wasn't trying to match Ninja, it was just unfortunate that they matched each other, lol. Also, Formal at the time was already in the running for qualifying so he was still benefiting from his win. The guy who tried to match Ninja the other day was already out of the running on the account he was playing on. Please read closely.

They were obviously not making an effort to avoid each other. They were sitting next to each other, they could have easily waited for one person to get a game before they started searching again. And for the other guy, even if he's out of the running on one account, cutting Ninja's streak helps him out if he wants to try on another account. Why should he go out of his way to avoid him? Once again, it's a competition. Do you not understand that? He had every right to play and enjoy the game that he bought, in any playlist he wanted to. There is real money on the line. It is not a help-out-out-friends fest. NBA/other professional players don't lose games on purpose to help out their friends on other teams (though they do lose to help themselves), regardless of if they're out of the playoffs or not. It's an immature concept to expect things to work that way. This is not kindergarten.

How about you read closely, I haven't said anything wrong.

So im clearly of age but when i try to sign up for the GC i get this message....   

"Unfortunately you are not eligible to participate as you must be of age and/or from an eligible location."

Are Tennessee gamers having problems signing up?

EDIT
Sud2 just tweeted me back saying TN is ineligible. 

Fml.. :(

So im clearly of age but when i try to sign up for the GC i get this message....   

"Unfortunately you are not eligible to participate as you must be of age and/or from an eligible location."

Are Tennessee gamers having problems signing up?

Online Tournament is open to everyone (excluding residents of AZ, CT, MD, TN, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW) who have reached the age of 18 or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside. Online Tournament ends August 19th, 2013 at 9:59:59 UTC. Live Event Tournament is limited to registered Event attendees (excluding residents of AZ, CT, MD, TN, QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW).

EDIT: Damn, quoted before you edited :P

They were obviously not making an effort to avoid each other. They were sitting next to each other, they could have easily waited for one person to get a game before they started searching again. And for the other guy, even if he's out of the running on one account, cutting Ninja's streak helps him out if he wants to try on another account. Why should he go out of his way to avoid him? Once again, it's a competition. Do you not understand that? He had every right to play and enjoy the game that he bought, in any playlist he wanted to. There is real money on the line. It is not a help-out-out-friends fest. NBA/other professional players don't lose games on purpose to help out their friends on other teams (though they do lose to help themselves), regardless of if they're out of the playoffs or not. It's an immature concept to expect things to work that way. This is not kindergarten.

How about you read closely, I haven't said anything wrong.

You're missing the point of this whole conversation. Formal was already in the running so whether he tried to match Ninja or not(no one can be 100% sure), Formal was still in the running for qualifying. This whole friends debate doesn't apply here. I hate to repeat myself, but the guy who tried to match Ninja a few days ago was already eliminated with the account he was matching him on and he was friends with him. I was in the stream when this was happening, the guy was making it known that he was trying to match him and he wasn't doing it for the sole purpose of beating Ninja, but just to make him have a hard time. After Ninja used his quit the guy begins to say that he would have quit at 24 because he knew that he wasn't in the running anymore and that Ninja was still able to qualify. How would Ninja have known that? If a friend was trying to knock me out and he was still able to qualify, then yes all is good, but if he is already out and he is intentionally trying to match me then screw him. Which goes back to how Ninja reacted after he used a quit being warranted

Edit: What I should be asking you is do you think Ninja overreacted when he unmodded the guy from his stream and removed him from his friends list? With all of your "fuck friends, it's a competition" comments, I'll guess that you agree that what Ninja did was justified. This is my last post on this topic, they're more current things to discuss on these forums. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone know who CrawlingRoach5 and MalerErde1 are?

Crawlingroach is aptitude

Crawlingroach is aptitude

Isn't Aptitude ineligible because of where he lives?  

You're missing the point of this whole conversation. Formal was already in the running so whether he tried to match Ninja or not(no one can be 100% sure), Formal was still in the running for qualifying. This whole friends debate doesn't apply here. I hate to repeat myself, but the guy who tried to match Ninja a few days ago was already eliminated with the account he was matching him on and he was friends with him. I was in the stream when this was happening, the guy was making it known that he was trying to match him and he wasn't doing it for the sole purpose of beating Ninja, but just to make him have a hard time. After Ninja used his quit the guy begins to say that he would have quit at 24 because he knew that he wasn't in the running anymore and that Ninja was still able to qualify. How would Ninja have known that? If a friend was trying to knock me out and he was still able to qualify, then yes all is good, but if he is already out and he is intentionally trying to match me then screw him. Which goes back to how Ninja reacted after he used a quit being warranted

Edit: What I should be asking you is do you think Ninja overreacted when he unmodded the guy from his stream and removed him from his friends list? With all of your "fuck friends, it's a competition" comments, I'll guess that you agree that what Ninja did was justified. This is my last post on this topic, they're more current things to discuss on these forums. 

I love you. You nailed it right in the head of what happened.  The way Ninja acted was not completely in the wrong, especially if it is for $200,000.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know some of you want to stray away from the topic but this is the last I'll say about it.  I'm not even a huge Ninja fan but can definitely see why he acted that way.  You guys wouldn't be pissed if your own moderator potentially costed you 200k?  Yeah I know competition is competition, but this mod is a no name.  NONE of his accounts are ever going to qualify, so I can see Ninja's opinion of 'you're not going to win anyways just let me'.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, no one knows who MalerErde1 and ChilliestName48 are?

That was me.  Asshole.

EDIT: If that host wasn't so shit...took me 3+ shots to kill anybody, cost me at least 5 kills right at the beginning of the game.  Oh well I have work in the morning and couldn't stay up all night playing this anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That was me.  Asshole.

EDIT: If that host wasn't so shit...took me 3+ shots to kill anybody, cost me at least 5 kills right at the beginning of the game.  Oh well I have work in the morning and couldn't stay up all night playing this anyway.

Sorry man. I felt bad after I looked it up after the game. I know my host is terribad but I pull host like 5/6 games anyways.