CyReN

Halo 4 Global Championship Discussion

bravo, the creators of the maps put them through rigorous testing before they even get into matchmaking, if there was any sort of serious exploit that could be damaging would have already been found and dealt with. if, how ever there are problems with the maps gameplay performance overall that allows for such exploits then that is a problem of choosing to put bad maps into MM in the first place, don't put a map in MM if you can't back it 100%

As much I want to use Forge maps (specifically arena-based Forge maps) it's a risk - the maps are not bulletproof and have not recevied proper testing compared to the on-disc maps. If we were to risk it and put Onyx / Simplex in, and someone pulls a crazy nerd move and finds a previously undiscovered exploit, it risks the legitimacy of that week, and therefore the entire tournament.

This isn't to say that we won't use forge maps at all in online events, but I ghope you see the big concern here. For in-person LAN events, where matches can be refereed, we'll continue to use maps such as Onyx and potentially others.

I understand man, i just felt that it would of given it that little bit more competitiveness, but im still enjoying playing and watching pros play the playlist, much love

From what I just checked.

xStr8 Sick - 1 quit left

IShimpy - 1 quit left

HoaXFactor - 0 quits left

eL Town - 1 quit left

From what I just checked.

xStr8 Sick - 1 quit left

IShimpy - 1 quit left

HoaXFactor - 0 quits left

eL Town - 1 quit left

How do you tell?

Why in gods name is solace in this playlist

holy hell thats got to be the worse map in halo history

You just go through their recent games. DNF is a quit.

Oh, right. Bit tedious. :P

I am enjoying the playlist to a certain extent, but I have one thing to say: Jetpacks, Boltshots and stickies, oh my!

Awesome, thanks. Gonna dig into this and make sure we know what's going on.

Your the man. 

As much I want to use Forge maps (specifically arena-based Forge maps) it's a risk - the maps are not bulletproof and have not recevied proper testing compared to the on-disc maps.

Was Skyline not used because it's a DLC map?

Was Skyline not used because it's a DLC map?

On Waypoint, it said that all the maps from Majestic DLC were in rotation for this week's FFA but I never got them once because hardly anyone has bought the map pack.

Did these count as a quit? I had two of these...Wouldn't have known if I didn't check Halo Waypoint. Reasons I got knocked out because I assumed they counted as losses :(

Also the host didn't change in my game either. Some guy was walking into walls, that's about it haha.

I don't think it's shady. I'm pretty sure you can try your luck on however many different accounts you want.

I do.  You should run with one account, if you can't get it done with that account you should just accept it.  Shady kids.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I do.  You should run with one account, if you can't get it done with that account you should just accept it.  Shady kids.

Do you know what shady means? It doesn't say anywhere in the Rules that you're limited to one account only. It may be frowned upon by some members of the community but it's not shady.

Did these count as a quit? I had two of these...Wouldn't have known if I didn't check Halo Waypoint. Reasons I got knocked out because I assumed they counted as losses :(

Also the host didn't change in my game either. Some guy was walking into walls, that's about it haha.

I don't believe it counted as losses but I'm not 100% sure.

Do you know what shady means? It doesn't say anywhere in the Rules that you're limited to one account only. It may be frowned upon by some members of the community but it's not shady.

You're right dood, just keep making accounts until one of them hopefully get's you into the top 4. 

You're right dood, just keep making accounts until one of them hopefully get's you into the top 4. 

There's nothing shady about it when your alt gamertag is another iteration of your typical alias (see Neighbor)\

A COMPETITION WHERE SOMEONE EXPLOITS LOOPHOLES?! I'VE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH! PEOPLE ARE SNEAKY, CONNIVING BASTARDS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome, thanks. Gonna dig into this and make sure we know what's going on.

Can confirm this happened to me as well, score recorded as 21, but I had 25 in the match to win the game - got a DNF. Looks to be a result of a host switch - hopefully you guys can detect that.