CyReN

Halo 4 Global Championship Discussion

This tournament should br b4 only for all weeks to many noobs running around with a AR or DMR or carbine... And pronoob vision to.

They really should have made the minimum games higher than 20. The odds are too high that people will get a perfect rank 8/8 and be done in there first 20 games.

At least put it at 40 or 50 games. It would be pretty damn hard to get first in 50 games straight. And it would keep people playing your game more than 1 day.

Now that there are 4 people with a perfect 8 rank on the leaderboard, there is no incentive to keep playing if you didn't rank perfect in your 20 games.

Awp, waittasecond.

In the event of a tie, we'll use the following list of parameters to determine your rank that week.

1. Most games played
2. Most 1st place finishes
3. Most kills
4. Fewest deaths
5. Most assists
6. Fewest quits
7. Earliest date and time of first qualifying game played
8. Earliest date and time of tournament registration

The tiebreaker parameters, except for tournament registration, apply to the week. For example, to break a tie in Week 2, the first parameter is the number of games completed in Week 2.

Naded has got some pride guys, he refuses to quit games even if he's about to come second or third, on stream, with the whole chat telling him to. Love that guy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have fun with Rumble SWAT next week.

Lollers.

We all will have to :( If it's going to be like Multi-Team's version of SWAT there could be problems.

Awp, waittasecond.

bah, that won't play much of a factor. In fact it is quite stupid.

Lets say you have 6 guys who score get first in all 20 games and rank 8/8. Players ranked 5&6 (with the least kill) will just play 1 more game to try and get first to jump to the top of the leaderboard. The top 3 players will do nothing unless they get bumped below the cut.

You will see this cat and mouse game between players ranked 8 on the leaderboard. Anyone ranked <8 after you 20 games (even a single 2nd place finish), no point in playing anymore. I would be a more exciting event if I went right down to the wire at the end of the week.

My point is, from a statistical standpoint, the n value (number of games played) is far too low to rule out random variability or chance. The sample size needed to be bigger to make it virtually impossible to get a rank of 8. At least 40-50 game minimum. Otherwise it become a stalemate at the top of the leaderboard with a rank lock.

I totally agree, but they want people to play their version of the game, not our version. Coulda made a better tournament for sure.

got third in my first game, I guess that's what I get for not playing for two weeks and not warming up. Unless a bunch of people with perfect 8's start losing, im probably just going to wait till next week.

Lollers.

Exactly what i was about to say. This tournament is a joke imo.

And just played a game where people were teleporting and my backsmacks and beat downs didn't register. This is going to be fun  :maven:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm kind of wanting to play, but I haven't played in two months so it would be a lost cause. :/

No, the tournament should have used the same consistents setting throughtout the 5 online weeks and LANs.

BR start v4 settings like the RTX qualifier.

Switching things up everyweek is just confusing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lollers.

I don't mind SWAT, at all, I just don't agree on having casual settings for the first week of a tournament.

I don't mind SWAT, at all, I just don't agree on having casual settings for the first week of a tournament.

I mind SWAT. It's a joke of a gametype. It doesn't bother me so much that casual settings exist first week of the tournament, it bothers me that casual settings exist in the tournament at all. Even if we had Slayer Pro or v4 first week, we'd be stuck in Infinifucked, SWAT, and grabbag the following.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The match making settings for this Global Campion playlist are amazing.

No lobby, no JiP, no veto, no quiting, and no recycling.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This how the LB will likely be played out:

You will get the perfect runs for an average of 8 as we see now. A handful of players will put the top of the LB into a playing frenzy by posting perfect runs with more games.  That playing frenzy will result in some of them losing their streaks and opening the door for lower games played perfect streaks to take over the top of the LB. This cycle will continue over and over. It will be interesting to watch this cycle and the LB changes

Someone may post an "untouchable" perfect run and be safe but I wouldn't count out the guys like Heinz that have high averages and a large number of games. These players my actually creep up and secure at top 4 placing. 

It is going to be fun to see if an eligible player does post a legit "outlier" perfect streak

Overall the number of games is too low at 20 and should have been 30 or 40 games. 

Boltshots everywhere. Why does this have to be standard Infinity Slayer this week? Ugh.

You've seen the leaderboards? There's a lot of good players on the first page already. They aren't playing "Bob034958" every game.

Yeah.

Doesn't mean they are playing each other....i've played quite a few games..not saying I have a good record but I sure have taken several 1st places because i will play straight trashcans.  I just played ninja, who took 2nd and I took 3rd, then i go back to playing trashcans and getting 1sts....#CSRBroken /thread.

I lost to a kid with an assault rifle.

I quit life.

Also, I was under the impression that these games were 8 minutes and unlimited kills

I lost to a kid with an assault rifle.

I quit life.

Also, I was under the impression that these games were 8 minutes and unlimited kills

Each week, the gametypes change. (Infinity,SWAT,PRO,GrabBag, legendary) Respectively.  The 8minutes/unlimited kills were only for the RTX Qualifier.  Although, they will probably use the 8minute/unlimited kills during the finals on LAN.