CyReN

Halo 4 Global Championship Discussion

Ace can now retire 4 years early after becoming an engineer  :kappa:

lol... do you know what kind of an engineer he is training to be in college?

I Missed The Stream. Does Anyone Have Youtube Links I Can Watch With The Matches?

Probably not this soon. Rebroadcast should be up on HaloWaypoint's site, though, I believe you can scroll back on the stream player they used.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 343 announce something else soon. That event seemed like a pretty good success.

yeh they really made it a point to say that they are having an impact on the competive community and will continue to for Halo 4!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

GUYS I JUST PLAYED 3 THROWDOWN GAMES BY MYSELF AND EVERY ONE OF MY TEAMMATES HAD MICS

#THANKSGC

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Coming into this tournament, whoever would have thought Ace would win this tourney? Highly underrated player.... I surely underrated his FFA and individual skill abilities. 

after yesterday i saw that it looked possible he would place high but man Champion pretty crazy. Although i dont if i like tie breaker being 1st kill wins.

Been watching competitive halo forever and that may have been the most intense 1v1 I've ever watched!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am stunned. Sunday was great. I didn't much care for the rapping, the guitar playing and dear lord the woman singing made me claw my ears to pieces but the gameplay. The bravo and the goldenboy. The HALO. I was so amazed and on xbox live me and my friends were shouting so loudly for our favorite pros to win. Definitely a success. This is what happens when a company supports its game. I thought the skyline 1v1 was going to suck but it turned out to be very fun to watch. Lets hope there is more to watch and that we don't hit a low spot again. Defnitely one of the best competitive FFA/1v1 tournaments I've ever seen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to start off by saying if you haven't seen the H4GC 1v1 finals stop what you are doing and go watch them right now.

SPOILER ALERT

So i noticed in the 1v1 finals both Str8 sick and Legit were both forced to push at the end of their matches. I know a lot of times a 1v1 can go to the time limit before the kill limit is reached. 

I've always been of the opinion that a 15kill 15minute 1v1 is the best settings. And in case of a tie the entire game be replayed. 

As awesome as the H4GC Finals were I think the settings were less than ideal. Especially when it came to the tiebreaker. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe AGL tiebreakers are to replay the entire game. And even though AGL 1v1 were to 10 I believe in the past with MLG and other things like PGL, Gamebattles, etc. the 15min 15kill gametype was the accepted standard. 

I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this way. Or if the 10kill 10min and 1kill sudden death are viewed as better for competitive 1v1. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's safe to say that Global Championship tournament was a success.  Hopefully 343/Virgin can pull off 1 more halo tournament and lets hope its 4v4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm going to start off by saying if you haven't seen the H4GC 1v1 finals stop what you are doing and go watch them right now.

SPOILER ALERT

So i noticed in the 1v1 finals both Str8 sick and Legit were both forced to push at the end of their matches. I know a lot of times a 1v1 can go to the time limit before the kill limit is reached. 

I've always been of the opinion that a 15kill 15minute 1v1 is the best settings. And in case of a tie the entire game be replayed. 

As awesome as the H4GC Finals were I think the settings were less than ideal. Especially when it came to the tiebreaker. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe AGL tiebreakers are to replay the entire game. And even though AGL 1v1 were to 10 I believe in the past with MLG and other things like PGL, Gamebattles, etc. the 15min 15kill gametype was the accepted standard. 

I'm just wondering if anyone else feels this way. Or if the 10kill 10min and 1kill sudden death are viewed as better for competitive 1v1. 

I honestly liked them, I didn't mind that at all.

Incidentally - this thread over the course of the weekend has been a great example of how good the competitive Halo community can be to be a part of. Thanks to everyone who was helpful, or just wanted to join in. You all made this event a lot more exciting and inclusive.

Yo I just noticed your logo is BigTeamBattle lolz. Keep it real buddy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It would be awesome if 343 or someone could make a complete bracket so we can see how it all unfolded included with each person's stats in each game

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not everyone is you tho.

The event was fantastic but they didnt announce a 4v4 tourney or give any halo 5 news

Who cares about Halo 5!? Is Halo 4 back???

Hopefully Legendary BRs will help my faith :D

343 is a company that relies more on community input that I've seen in a while. So keep this positive stuff coming, and post it everywhere. Halo's on the fast track again :)