Jesse

Halo 4 maps have the worst spawns in Halo series?

So, I recently played some FFA in Dispatch and oh boy, that has to be the worst experience in that map for me, the spawns just made me think that how can this even be a FFA map?

Every time I spawned, there was a enemy already shooting at me from behind or I spawn right next to a noshield enemy, nevertheless, the game ended after few rages.

So I went to play some Snipers on Shutout and man, that is the worst, every time I spawned, it was on bottom lift or on snipe ramp and constantly get spawn trapped, we lost the game 50 to 10 and we had no chance thanks to the beam rifle spawn in S3 and them hogging it, it was a nightmare, this same thing happens in many other maps and it is just terrible, in Halo 3 (MLG for example) the spawns were carefully thought and you could get out of the spawn trap very easily, it was perfect, maps were perfect but now these maps just are annoying and not fun to play.

The ability to sprint allows you to move around the map faster. The spawn engine was designed around this ability, obviously not well though. Why do you think the "250 spawn point" theory is popular? It is basically saying "there is no way to place good spawns so let's just throw down as many spawns as possible and hope the engine picks one that doesn't suck".

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like sprint plays a big part in h4s average spawns, especially in 4v4. Everyone sprinting around, getting across the map faster then ts spawn times and badly influencing all the spawns on the map.

was the same in reach before sprint was removed

You can thank Sprint for that, even though it is a whole lot easier to spawn trap in H3 than H4.  Sprint can quickly get you out of a spawn trap, but it also makes FFA frustrating if it is too many players and on a map not made for FFA.

FFA has come unplayable in H4 Forged maps, I just spawn between two enemies and die, or I just spawn that my back is on the enemy and die from there, if this is bad luck then hell, its some serious unluckiness since this happens every other game and so on...

+ the stopping power doesn't help at all even if you have sprint, get shot twice while sprinting and you are slow as a snail, the sprint just kills the spawns and makes you spawn on the worst spots ever