Sign in to follow this  
chumpp

The latest patch broke Halo:CE. Video proof inside.

Hahahaah!

Oh jeez now halo ce is even more competitive!

After work imma go home, fire up the old dusty Xbox One and get my mouse and keyboard, and have some mother fuckin fun!!

My XIM4 should really come in handy now that CE has not magnetism.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Hahahaah! 

Oh jeez now halo ce is even more competitive! 

After work immature go home,  fire up the old dusty Xbox One and get my mouse and keyboard,  and have some mother fuckin fun!! 

My XIM4 should really come in handy now that CE has not magnetism. 

I would love to use my xim4 but there is still the aim assist which screws up having a nice 1:1 ratio on movement with the mouse when you get near an enemy. I wish I could turn that off then I would never use a controller. 

Yep did the same thing on my OG Xbox with MCC open on my other TV, same results.

Yeah, I don't know how people were defending it as being "just like the original!" 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Solid video chumpp, thanks for taking the time to put this together. Hopefully 343i will rectify this quickly, and not make us wait another month before it's fixed.

As a corollary to your video, I made a video testing the pistol spread in OG vs MCC. I have seen a decent amount of people claiming if 343i just tightens the pistol spread, and leaves the game with no magnetism, that all will be well. After my tests, I don't think tightening the spread alone will make the game better.

Here is my video:

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they wanted to keep appearances at E3, which all of the three major competitors (Nintendo?) want to, they'll fix this beforehand...

Solid video chumpp, thanks for taking the time to put this together. Hopefully 343i will rectify this quickly, and not make us wait another month before it's fixed.

As a corollary to your video, I made a video testing the pistol spread in OG vs MCC. I have seen a decent amount of people claiming if 343i just tightens the pistol spread, and leaves the game with no magnetism, that all will be well. After my tests, I don't think tightening the spread alone will make the game better.

Here is my video:

Just saw your edit. I don't think pistol spread will do anything. That just makes it so you are shooting straighter but won't fix the feel that comes from strafe battles with magnetism. I don't understand why it is so hard for them to convert the aim assist values from the original xbox map files. It is the same on halo pc, as well. The magnetism was always there. I think the main change was the player physics movement isn't affecting the bullets which causes that lead that we all love. 

The patches keep changing things dramatically from shots registering too easy to host not being able to hit stuff and now to this. I don't get why they are changing so much when the raw data is available to them. Some of the bullet properties are things like client side only (which was on with PC which makes it look like you are hitting but you aren't). If they turned that off, then it should be just a delay from when you shoot and hit a guy to the time it registers that he has been hit (which is why there are so many traded kills now in pistol battles where you both kill each other at the same time). I would prefer that and the original lead to trying to get this original feel working with these half assed attempts for the solution like changing pistol spread or making hitboxes bigger. 

I don't know the solution but I would love to have a look at the code and fix it. I know I can do a better job than they are doing right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the 30m test on mcc confirms that the spread isn't right. the pistol can consistently be accurate within the 60m range, but during the 30m test you were definitely pacing your shots and still some connected when others didnt due to spread. Shit aint right

If they wanted to keep appearances at E3, which all of the three major competitors (Nintendo?) want to, they'll fix this beforehand...

I saw microsoft was doing some sort of special behind the scenes party where you get to meet developers of their biggest titles and play them. Obviously 343 will be there to demo h5 and I was thinking how fun it would be to get in there. I would just spend the whole time yelling at 343 devs.

Well, at least this makes the "Halo 2 is Noobified" video somewhat more accurate.

broken, yes

but the game plays way better that way than before the patch, magnetism was out of control before

a bullet magnetism strength inbetween the current patch and the former patch would be best

• Upvote (+1) 5

great, more keyboard/mouse warriors trying to further ruin Halo.

• Downvote (-1) 2

broken, yes

but the game plays way better that way than before the patch, magnetism was out of control before

a bullet magnetism strength inbetween the current patch and the former patch would be best

Most of all I'm glad that horrendous 'ramp of death' glitch is fixed. Or I hope it's entirely eradicated.

In case nobody remembers, there's a video of someone walking up a ramp on Hang 'em High and dying as they looked up. I don't know if it's strictly netcode related so forgive me if I sound absurd here...

Most of all I'm glad that horrendous 'ramp of death' glitch is fixed. Or I hope it's entirely eradicated.

In case nobody remembers, there's a video of someone walking up a ramp on Hang 'em High and dying as they looked up. I don't know if it's strictly netcode related so forgive me if I sound absurd here...

Wasn't that an issue related to fall damage? I swear it got fixed a few months ago.

It's just strange how split we are regarding the Pistol magnetism...

EDIT: Fuck me in the mouth, I meant magnetism.

The community is not split, everyone agrees it needs to be somewhere between current pistol and pre patch pistol. Only thing people are split on is which way they liked it better and that should be irrevelant since both sides thinks it needs work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The community is not split, everyone agrees it needs to be somewhere between current pistol and pre patch pistol. Only thing people are split on is which way they liked it better and that should be irrevelant since both sides thinks it needs work.

He said spread, not magnetism.

It's post like these that imply that the easy 3 pistol was not broke before but now is broken by the latest patch that trouble me

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ah ok I haven't really seen much debate on that. I mean if they fix the magnetism at long range then it will cancel out the spread like it did in OG wouldn't it? I mean the only reason its even a problem in this patch is because magnetism is either missing or extremely low, right?

Spread is still a slight problem on hang em but if they're going for 100% og they should leave the spread alone or reduce it very slightly. I would personally like zero spread but I'm sure purists say leave it alone.

The lack of aim assist/bullet magnetism really is a problem online, the pistol feels like a lottery cannon now.