Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Discussion

Since there have been multiple threads already, let's try and keep it in one.

This Elite control announcement make me very concerned about unfair advantage that will bring to Halo and other FPS in the X1.

My concern is not the new buttons, is if the new sticks will make it easier to aim compared to the regular control.

Don't take me wrong, i think the new control is great but at $150 is just too expensive and becomes and advantage of player with more disposable income.

I disagree. If anything it's about time console gamers got proper button mapping.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I disagree. If anything it's about time console gamers got proper button mapping.

Yes but in this scenario only a low% of players will (can afford) this advantage.

Disagree. It is pricey but worth it if you are serious because it actually improves your overall experience and is more fun rather than just helping you play better.

Also, gaming monitors, premium headsets, and shady shit like Adderall already exist. Are we going to ban those too?

Online matchmaking play isn't even that serious to get worried about someone beating you because they have a better controller. And if you are good enough to win money in online tourneys then you should buy one of these.

• Upvote (+1) 2

yeah, i'm 100% getting it! the price is a bit much but fuck it.

It's basically a modular controller, right down to the paddles, as well as pressure specific components. I wouldn't expect many brands with this function being cheap, in fact I'm surprised it isn't jacked up to $250. There's probably some hidden specs that add up to over a hundred anyways, you never really know.

Of course it is an unfair advantage, but that is the reality if you are serious about being "competitive".

Don't see how its "unfair" if Scufs, Cinch, etc have been selling these types of controllers for years.

A 'new' modded controller like this isn't going to change anything at all.

Yes but in this scenario only a low% of players will (can afford) this advantage.

It's not that much - if you bought the console, a few games you enjoy, and subscribe to XBL another $150 won't break the bank if you're in the target audience of serious gamers.

Think about it - it's just more than the cost of 2 full price games. Lots of competitive players don't necessarily buy a wide range of games (so as to focus on the ones they enjoy playing seriously), so money that most players would put into other games goes on high end peripherals instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just think it's dumb how it costs $150 to remap your buttons because devs are too lazy to make it an in-game feature. Other than that I don't really care. Just make sure they don't have slow turn or thumbstick drift like 2 weeks in if you're gonna make it this expensive.

EDIT: oh and a warranty would be nice.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just think it's dumb how it costs $150 to remap your buttons because devs are too lazy to make it an in-game feature. Other than that I don't really care. Just make sure they don't have slow turn or thumbstick drift like 2 weeks in if you're gonna make it this expensive.

EDIT: oh and a warranty would be nice.

Totally forgot about slow turn. If this controller has that, then its a waste of money. 

There are several third party companies that had been making these for years. Its definitely an advantage to have them, that is why every COD pro and many Halo pros have them.The Xbox Elite is actually very competitively priced for the features and customization. The price tag is not small for these controllers, but Scufs start at $50 to send in your own controller for basic upgrades. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not that much - if you bought the console, a few games you enjoy, and subscribe to XBL another $150 won't break the bank if you're in the target audience of serious gamers.

Think about it - it's just more than the cost of 2 full price games. Lots of competitive players don't necessarily buy a wide range of games (so as to focus on the ones they enjoy playing seriously), so money that most players would put into other games goes on high end peripherals instead.

For some people is just too much, i have friends that are still saving for a console and Halo 5, they are really good and serious players just don't have the money.

There are several third party companies that had been making these for years. Its definitely an advantage to have them, that is why every COD pro and many Halo pros have them.The Xbox Elite is actually very competitively priced for the features and customization. The price tag is not small for these controllers, but Scufs start at $50 to send in your own controller for basic upgrades. 

But the stick mechanism is the same in those controllers right?

To my understanding, in the elite controller they will use new more precise sticks not just making them interchangable and more durable

It's $150 almost half the price of the Console... Need to learn how to claw. gg

BTW isn't this thread in the wrong section???? 

I get having it cost more than a standard controller, but $150 seems like a bit much for an OEM like MS. Something like $120, the price of 2 regular controllers, seems a bit more reasonable to me.

I use the Claw Grip.

Using the new controller would make little difference to me.

Relieve your hands of an a grip that's not natural to many.

But the stick mechanism is the same in those controllers right?

To my understanding, in the elite controller they will use new more precise sticks not just making them interchangable and more durable

Yes, Scufs allow you to change sticks before you buy, or use Kontrol Freaks to mod your default sticks. I am not advocating buying stuff, but for those who can't claw these can help. 

I attached links below to allow people to check this stuff out. 

Scuf Send in Service- https://scufgaming.com/shop/scufone/xbox-one/

Control Freek- http://www.kontrolfreek.com/fps.html