Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Discussion

Okay, I'm going to get this controller day one, but who the hell has a different controller setup for driving a Warthog lol?

Maybe not for a 'Hog, but I could see some people wanting different setups for flying vehicles. Especially if the game's standard button configs aren't that great.

At first I was like "why do all controller designers hate D-pads", but then I saw the switchable cross and that sold me.

What I don't understand is , why can't they make the new/old normal controllers button remappable as well (unless it's a marketing thing then okay fine).

They say the button scheme is saved onto the controller, they should be able to do that with any of the xb1 controller.

What I don't understand is , why can't they make the new/old normal controllers button remappable as well (unless it's a marketing thing then okay fine).

They say the button scheme is saved onto the controller, they should be able to do that with any of the xb1 controller.

The profiles are saved on the controller, not the console, so I doubt the Xbox One controllers have a mini hard drive in them to store profiles.

The profiles are saved on the controller, not the console, so I doubt the Xbox One controllers have a mini hard drive in them to store profiles.

The controllers do allow hardware updates. Might be possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Remember how they did an update on the controller for titanfall?

Well they have to store that update somewhere...

Ah I guess they could've potentially downloaded the update on the console then applied it to the controller

does it only come in one color? can you customize colors?

There will be purchasable buttons that are different colours. That's all we know so far

There will be purchasable buttons that are different colours. That's all we know so far

Ya im sure all the parts that come off will come in different colours, Analogues, paddles, d-pad. 

In Germany, a scuf controller costs me around 150€, will be the elite controller price. Im ok with that, no need to import a scuf for 150€ (would be around 180$ I think).

They should make buttons that can be swapped out with alternates. For example if you remap RT to the A button, have a face button that you can swap out that says RT on it. Minor but it could help make your remaps less confusing

Sorry for the redundancy: what is the scheduled release date this badboy?

Will +rep! :)

Edit: Thanks @ !

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rethinking about the price of $150 

It may not be that ridiculous If the warranty is 3 years.

The regular controller sticks and bumpers last very little so in the long term you would buy a few regular controllers compared to only needed to buy the elite 1 time for the life of the console.

There will probably be a good amount of 3rd party customization options for this thing, including different sticks, dpads, paddles, etc. Should be interesting to see what the options are to make these things unique. Obviously there will probably still be custom controller companies working on these bad boys.

LOL

You guys might as well buy a damn PC.

$400 Xbox One + $150 Controller = $550

You can get a damn good PC for that money.

ALSO

If you really wanted to buy a new controller I would just go for the XIM4 which is $120... Mouse and Keyboard on the console yay!

Of course M$ released it so everyone loves it now lol, same shit people with a lot of money will still buy the best toys that give them advantages, XIM4, SCUF, Elite Controller.

yayy more illegal shit for tourneys!

yayy more illegal shit for tourneys!

Well they are not specified in the rules for online tourneys  nor for some physical events lol.

It will be about $200 in Australia and as much as I'd like it, I don't play enough to justify the purchase.  Will wait for a price drop or sale.

It will be about $200 in Australia and as much as I'd like it, I don't play enough to justify the purchase.  Will wait for a price drop or sale.

I paid $350 for my A50s.

$200 really ain't that bad considering.

Still gonna wait for some in the wild reviews and some proper deadzone tests.

Or you can be like me and claw grip.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or you can be like me and claw grip.

Forget what I said previously.  This (and that sweet sweet vidoc) convinced me to buy it.  Preordered.

Clawing just hurts my hand.