Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Discussion

Yes, Scufs allow you to change sticks before you buy, or use Kontrol Freaks to mod your default sticks. I am not advocating buying stuff, but for those who can't claw these can help. 

I attached links below to allow people to check this stuff out. 

Scuf Send in Service- https://scufgaming.com/shop/scufone/xbox-one/

Control Freek- http://www.kontrolfreek.com/fps.html

But they just change/modify the plastic of the stick. I think this new controller will use a whole new stick,

I use the Claw Grip.

Using the new controller would make little difference to me.

same

But they just change/modify the plastic of the stick. I think this new controller will use a whole new stick,

Its an adapter to change stick height, concave/convex, and texture. It just snaps on top of your current sticks, and achieves the exact same thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

regarding games the more money you spent the more advantages you have, its always been that way

- better internet connection

- better gaming monitor

- better audio gear / headphones

- better controller

personally im not much of a fan of the new elite controller, asymetrical analog sticks are not so much my thing

SCUF controllers have been giving players unfair advantages for a while now. The only difference is that Microsoft is giving players an official option.

personally im not much of a fan of the new elite controller, asymetrical analog sticks are not so much my thing

They are interchangeable. You can have 2 concave/convex sticks or 1 of each, 2 short/medium/long sticks or 1 of each. You aren't forced to use the default settings. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are interchangeable. You can have 2 concave/convex sticks or 1 of each, 2 short/medium/long sticks or 1 of each. You aren't forced to use the default settings. 

oh now its getting interesting, must have missed that

thanks!

edit:

no wait i dont mean the shape of the analog stick but the placement

symetrical sticks like on the dualshock 4 unlike the asymetrical sticks on the xbox controller

oh now its getting interesting, must have missed that

thanks!

edit:

no wait i dont mean the shape of the analog stick but the placement

symetrical sticks like on the dualshock 4 unlike the asymetrical sticks on the xbox controller

Oh my bad, I read your first statement wrong then, apologies. 

I'm a Microsoft guy so I prefer the Xbox controller over the Dualshock.

I just think it's dumb how it costs $150 to remap your buttons because devs are too lazy to make it an in-game feature. Other than that I don't really care. Just make sure they don't have slow turn or thumbstick drift like 2 weeks in if you're gonna make it this expensive.

EDIT: oh and a warranty would be nice.

I don't think the problem lies completely with the developers. Sure, most companies probably don't want pay another employee to make a feature that most console gamers are fine without, but I'm sure it doesn't help when Microsoft (and possibly other companies) are giving incentives not to develop custom button mapping because of the deluxe controller market. I don't claim to have extra information on the matter, but it's fairly likely that this is happening to a certain extent. Plus I always love a good conspiracy theory.

The controller is on preorder at Amazon for $90 Canadian, which is about $75 American.  

edit: $180 Canadian not $90.

That's the cost of a new game and some DLC.  Pretty affordable, especially considering SCUF

How nerdy am I that the first reason that came to mind, that made me most excited is that I'll be able to play Halo using Bumper Jumper and have X as reload and A as nade switch?

Question. If you were to order a scuf with exactly all the same features that this elite controller has, how much would it cost?

The controller is on preorder at Amazon for $90 Canadian, which is about $75 American.  

That's the cost of a new game and some DLC.  Pretty affordable, especially considering SCUF

How nerdy am I that the first reason that came to mind, that made me most excited is that I'll be able to play Halo using Bumper Jumper and have X as reload and A as nade switch?

then you better preorder now, amazon wont charge you more money if the product price is higher than their placeholder price

pretty sure itll be changed to a 150$ equivalent within the next hours

Question. If you were to order a scuf with exactly all the same features that this elite controller has, how much would it cost?

in my country 200-270$ with 4 pedals, custom analog sticks, programmable button binding

which is kinda crazy, for 20-30$ you can buy a cronusmax/titan one from ebay and bind your controller the way you want, even double bind buttons (like jump + crouch to A)

then you better preorder now, amazon wont charge you more money if the product price is higher than their placeholder price

pretty sure itll be changed to a 150$ equivalent within the next hours

Someone posted it in the Guardians thread when it was announced, it has since been changed.

$150 for a controller? what is it kevlar reinforced with carbon fibers?

• Upvote (+1) 1

SCUFs don't let you remap the paddles.

They do, for an addition charge ($20-$50). Remappable paddle chips have been advertised for some time.

They do. But you can't remap both the paddles and buttons. The MS controller wins in that regard. Additionally the MS controller's hair triggers don't require you to take the controller apart to edit and it has stick tension options.

They do, for an addition charge ($20-$50). Remappable paddle chips have been advertised for some time.

They do. But you can't remap both the paddles and buttons. The MS controller wins in that regard. Additionally the MS controller's hair triggers don't require you to take the controller apart to edit and it has stick tension options.

Oh, well cool. I have never had any interest in their controllers, and stopped following them after the 360.

FGC can buy sticks 

PC Crowd can buy what ever Mouse and Keyboard to up their game etc

So why is this considered cheating?

• Upvote (+1) 3

regarding games the more money you spent the more advantages you have, its always been that way

- better internet connection

- better gaming monitor

- better audio gear / headphones

- better controller

That's true :/ but at least in LAN everything is the same 

FGC can buy sticks 

PC Crowd can buy what ever Mouse and Keyboard to up their game etc

So why is this considered cheating?

Buying an arcade stick doesn't let you have an unfair advantage, not sure where you're getting that from. Snakeeyes and Smug both use pads and are top American players. Luffy won EVO with a ps1 pad, it's personal preference. Only possible advantage is mash moves but even then no player really calls that an advantage

I agree with you on PC though and honestly the Elite controller changes nothing. SCUF has been doing the same for a while now, this is just better

If I claw and am happy with Bumper Jumper (don't need customizable buttons), is the default controller good enough? Or does it have slow turn?

If I claw and am happy with Bumper Jumper (don't need customizable buttons), is the default controller good enough? Or does it have slow turn?

You're at no real disadvantage whatsoever. Some are better with their fingers than their thumbs i suppose. All of your favorite players play with a normal controller. Its a preference thing rather than anything else.

You can apply this same reasoning to astros vs earphones?