Faeyrin

RuneScape Thread

Yeah, RuneScape. That MMORPG that never dies (admittedly it's seen better days but hey, you can't please everyone for 15 years). I know a couple here play it, either 2007scape, which is exactly what the name implies. A copy of the game from 2007, for old school purposes. Or the main game, sometimes called RuneScape 3.

Figured I'd make a thread because the next major event is right around the corner for the main game. World Event 3. Many of the specifics are still under wraps because Jagex likes to keep big things a surprise, but four the deity factions are fighting against an invading deity.

Anyone in on the hype, or am I the only one? I'm a sucker for lore in all of my favorite games and RS is no exception. It's got great lore, though its continuity is a little wonky. Again though...hard to maintain it perfectly for 15 years.

http://runescape.com/community

My screen name is "Faey Inimica".

Yeah, RuneScape. That MMORPG that never dies (admittedly it's seen better days but hey, you can't please everyone for 15 years). I know a couple here play it, either 2007scape, which is exactly what the name implies. A copy of the game from 2007, for old school purposes. Or the main game, sometimes called RuneScape 3.

Figured I'd make a thread because the next major event is right around the corner for the main game. World Event 3. Many of the specifics are still under wraps because Jagex likes to keep big things a surprise, but four the deity factions are fighting against an invading deity.

Anyone in on the hype, or am I the only one? I'm a sucker for lore in all of my favorite games and RS is no exception. It's got great lore, though its continuity is a little wonky. Again though...hard to maintain it perfectly for 15 years.

http://runescape.com/community

http://oldschool.runescape.com/

The only version you should be playing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

http://oldschool.runescape.com/

The only version you should be playing.

I really would give it a try if it even had the basics like fullscreen. But, I'm not going to sit so close to my big monitor and kill my eyes just to see everything I need to in 07scape.

I really would give it a try if it even had the basics like fullscreen. But, I'm not going to sit so close to my big monitor and kill my eyes just to see everything I need to in 07scape.

June 4th is something you should mark on your calendar.

I need like 2002-2003 RuneScape

And by that I mean RuneScape classic. My god it has been a long time. 

June 4th is something you should mark on your calendar.

But, June 1st

Back on that slayer grind in OSRS to get ready for the resizeable mode and the slayer update later this year. Lol never thought I'd be doing 85+ slayer a second time especially not 8 years later but here I am almost at 76 again.

Will a bigger screen than what's present be available alongside full screen? I believe it's called resizeable? When the HD update and full screen came out in 08 or whatever, I could simply never get used to it. But now I find the game screen is way too small on my laptop, so I want something inbetween.

OT: I don't really play too much anymore, but perhaps now that I have some more free time I will. No Internet other than mobile atm, though. My membership actually just renewed on accident. Don't really care as I'm glad to support OSRS as this has been a dream of mine ever since free trade got taken away, basically. I do miss pre-eoc, though. 2011 was pretty good. I remember being a freshman in high school, my brother a Junior, and when the wildy and free trade was brought back we both skipped school to play all day. Great times, man. I have both of you added, Moa and Faeyrin.

All I miss from that era is my EE/Overloads and Glacors

I was wondering when this was going to start. Funny enough I was on like two days ago to receive my 10 year cape.

You can just BOT your way to 99 though!

Don't be that guy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't be that guy.

I suppose I was a bit insulting to the game; what I meant to say was the games good, but my account with level 99 fishing/woodcutting/firemaking/etc was down to the bots I used. Game is good, however, it brings back memories, it's just very 'botable'. I agree that old school is better than new school.

I used to love pking, and my current build is a Zerker, but surely RS can't be competitive. PvP is based on Rng, lol..

I used to love pking, and my current build is a Zerker, but surely RS can't be competitive. PvP is based on Rng, lol..

I mean there's some skill to it like being able to switch and flick the right stuff on, but I can't get over how many people want a PvP tournament when it is literally luck when it comes to hits.

If anyone plays osrs add me. Frosty Oot.

i just started playing again a few weeks ago

my rsn is Dr J Rustler

The best Pkers have around a 7 to 1 kda, so I heavily disagree with you there.

The best Pkers have around a 7 to 1 kda, so I heavily disagree with you there.

It's not all luck, obviously, but it's way too much RNG.

It's not all luck, obviously, but it's way too much RNG.

Of course there is, but there are methods to swing everything in your favor.

The best pkers have the mechanics and the knowledge to shit all over people. With or without RNG.

I need like 2002-2003 RuneScape

And by that I mean RuneScape classic. My god it has been a long time. 

BRUH YOU USED TO SCAPE?

wat

BRUH YOU USED TO SCAPE?

wat

Before they updated everything to Runescape 2, which became Runescape. Back in the glory days I played all the time with a group of 5 or so friends.