CyReN

PGL Indianapolis Discussion

2nd. But were on the same page. RC baby lets goooooo lmfao.

Ps i voted CLG for second. I just wanna see upsets.

lmao hell yeah. can't believe i missed that

let's fucking go RC!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want CLG to be on that top 3... but I just dont see it happening :(

EG Top1, again.

If CLG can manage to beat C9 (which will be tough), they could be able to send EG to losers bracket... they always have close series, and there's something about CLG's game that gives EG trouble.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like I am going to the event. I won the Gamer's For Giving Pop Con tickets give away. First thing I have ever won in my life. Very hyped. Will get some go pro footage. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

lmao hell yeah. can't believe i missed that

let's fucking go RC!!!!

Lets get RC added to the poll. Travesty that a quality team like that are included in the "other" category

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lets get RC added to the poll. Travesty that a quality team like that are included in the "other" category

If they get into the top 8 for the finals, they will be in that poll.

EG is just unstoppable right now. They get 1th in a dominating fashion.  Snipedown is a beast and everybody on the team knows their role and actually look like they like to play together.

Prediction: we get to watch Winterfox and Denial wear each other out in the losers final then get destroyed by EG.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There hasn't been a 4-peat in Halo since Final Boss in 2006.

I think that's more than just coincidence.

It's REALLY difficult to do that. No matter how dominant a team may seem, anything can happen at a LAN event.

My prediction: 

1. Denial

2. CLG

3. EG

4. C9

5. Liquid

6. Optic

7. WFX

8. eX

There hasn't been a 4-peat in Halo since Final Boss in 2006.

I think that's more than just coincidence.

It's REALLY difficult to do that. No matter how dominant a team may seem, anything can happen at a LAN event.

My prediction: 

1. Denial

2. CLG

3. EG

4. C9

5. Liquid

6. Optic

7. WFX

8. eX

I'll put anything you want in my sig if WFX places 7th, lol. They're the only ones who have been able to beat EG online, and hopefully one of their members won't be sick and need to go to the hospital this time for 1/2 the tourney, yet still place 4th (Contra). 

I know the WFX hate is strong around here, but damn. They're not  THAT bad. 

I really miss how these threads don't have a full team list with all the amateur teams registered I used to like that it was just nice I gauge who is still around

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody have a schedule for this? When we start on Friday, what rounds what days, etc?

Few thoughts going into Indy & some on-paper predictions without seeing a bracket:

-1th: Evil Geniuses

Literally looked unstoppable since Season 1. Denial poses the biggest threat by a mile but the whole team just looks like a well oiled machine with very few weaknesses. First dynasty in a long while, hard to bet against the. Big matches will be WFX & Denial, probably the only two teams with slaying power enough to keep up, but even then EG always find a way to win.

2nd: Denial

Pure beasts on paper, EG's biggest threat. Mikwen arguably the best in the game at the moment. Massive stats online, which worries me because it seems to be his host most maps, but he's proven in the past how sick his aim is so there's no worry about LAN transition. Denial wont be looking at anyone other than EG; I could see them potentially slipping against C9, but even then I think Denial gets way more kills than C9 in any scenario which gives them the edge.

3rd: Cloud9

Think the fanboy in me comes out here, but Cloud9 definite seem a different team on LAN. Worries me the little amount of time they've put in, could cost them against teams that have been playing more than them (liquid, WFX). Could see a good game against Denial, but I give Denial the edge on pure killing factor. Good series could include Optic, Liquid & Winterfox if they match up.

4th: Winterfox

Wont lie, haven't seen enough from these guys to form an educated opinion, so I'm pretty ignorant. All I know is Arkanum & Naded are monsters. No doubt they wont be happy with 4th and will be aiming much higher. Will be interesting to see if they can give the teams above them a serious challenge, while not slipping to teams such as Liquid & Optic.

5th: Optic Gaming

Too talented to place lower, not enough practice to place higher pretty much sums it up. Could take any of the top 3 to a game 5 if they catch them slipping. If Maniac & Ace can get firing early they could easily storm LB. Key matches will be vs C9, WFX & other teams around this placement bracket.

6th: Liquid

Such a raw team, very very individually strong across the board which goes in their favor. For me it's all about whether or not Ninja and crew can pull it all together on the day. They have a month after Indy to iron out some creases in their game, and wouldn't be surprised to see a much higher placement at finals. Looking forward to games against Winterfox, Cloud9 & CLG.

7th: CLG

Pains me to place the goat this low but nothing about the CLG squad has impressed me this season, thoroughly disappointing so far. Going to need a big win early against a big name to get them going. Hoping they prove me wrong, can give good games to Liquid, Optic & others.

8th: Reality Check

Showing glimpses of improvement in online cups (albeit on quad host), going to need to bring it in Indy to make it to finals (not sure if this placement would secure them a spot or not). What will be telling will be RC's ability to bounce back from a WB loss, and how far they can make it through the losers bracket where anything can happen. Don't see them giving a good game to any teams above them unfortunately, but if they match up against Excellence it could go either way.

GLHF in Indy all!

• Upvote (+1) 7

Few thoughts going into Indy & some on-paper predictions without seeing a bracket:

-1th: Evil Geniuses

Literally looked unstoppable since Season 1. Denial poses the biggest threat by a mile but the whole team just looks like a well oiled machine with very few weaknesses. First dynasty in a long while, hard to bet against the. Big matches will be WFX & Denial, probably the only two teams with slaying power enough to keep up, but even then EG always find a way to win.

2nd: Denial

Pure beasts on paper, EG's biggest threat. Mikwen arguably the best in the game at the moment. Massive stats online, which worries me because it seems to be his host most maps, but he's proven in the past how sick his aim is so there's no worry about LAN transition. Denial wont be looking at anyone other than EG; I could see them potentially slipping against C9, but even then I think Denial gets way more kills than C9 in any scenario which gives them the edge.

3rd: Cloud9

Think the fanboy in me comes out here, but Cloud9 definite seem a different team on LAN. Worries me the little amount of time they've put in, could cost them against teams that have been playing more than them (liquid, WFX). Could see a good game against Denial, but I give Denial the edge on pure killing factor. Good series could include Optic, Liquid & Winterfox if they match up.

4th: Winterfox

Wont lie, haven't seen enough from these guys to form an educated opinion, so I'm pretty ignorant. All I know is Arkanum & Naded are monsters. No doubt they wont be happy with 4th and will be aiming much higher. Will be interesting to see if they can give the teams above them a serious challenge, while not slipping to teams such as Liquid & Optic.

5th: Optic Gaming

Too talented to place lower, not enough practice to place higher pretty much sums it up. Could take any of the top 3 to a game 5 if they catch them slipping. If Maniac & Ace can get firing early they could easily storm LB. Key matches will be vs C9, WFX & other teams around this placement bracket.

6th: Liquid

Such a raw team, very very individually strong across the board which goes in their favor. For me it's all about whether or not Ninja and crew can pull it all together on the day. They have a month after Indy to iron out some creases in their game, and wouldn't be surprised to see a much higher placement at finals. Looking forward to games against Winterfox, Cloud9 & CLG.

7th: CLG

Pains me to place the goat this low but nothing about the CLG squad has impressed me so far, thoroughly disappointing season so far. Going to need a big win early against a big name to get them going. Hoping they prove me wrong, can give good games to Liquid, Optic & others.

8th: Reality Check

Showing glimpses of improvement in online cups (albeit on quad host), going to need to bring it in Indy to make it to finals (not sure if this placement would secure them a spot or not). What will be telling will be RC's ability to bounce back from a WB loss, and how far they can make it through the losers bracket where anything can happen. Don't see them giving a good game to any teams above them unfortunately, but if they match up against Excellence it could go either way.

GLHF in Indy all!

Great post!!! Very accurate on many fronts, although I feel as if there is some great underestimation of @ariescaries on LAN. @@MaNiaC is also a self proclaimed "sneaky goat sniper" which really shines on LAN.

It upsets me that you placed CLG so low, however it wouldn't surprise me if they placed low, but at the same time it wouldn't shock me to see them place really high. Certainly a LAN team. From watching scrims, their communication is getting really great.

Is the weekend here yet?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll put anything you want in my sig if WFX places 7th, lol. They're the only ones who have been able to beat EG online

#OnlineWarriors

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like we're going to be doing a top16 prediction contest on esportspedia. Should be up relatively soon.

• Upvote (+1) 3