CyReN

PGL Indianapolis Discussion

These OT rules suck.

agree. They should program something into Halo 5 for overtime Slayers where it just continues or win by 2 or something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Amazing play from Snakebite to get that shotgun kill and then dodge the onslaught of nades and juke his way to safety.

I'll never understand why teams play right into this passive shit during these OT games. You don't win by sitting in a room doing nothing, all you're doing is allowing the other team to make moves to catch you off guard....play to win the game. I guarantee the first team that decides to not sit there for 5 mins and actually plays it like it's a 15 min match it's going to be embarrassing for the other team.

Lol I told you guys. I knew CLG was gonna make an upset for you all. God that gameplay was so unreal.

Don't be THAT guy...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll never understand why teams play right into this passive shit during these OT games. You don't win by sitting in a room doing nothing, all you're doing is allowing the other team to make moves to catch you off guard....play to win the game. I guarantee the first team that decides to not sit there for 5 mins and actually plays it like it's a 15 min match it's going to be embarrassing for the other team.

Well, in an initial push, you're guaranteed to lose a player or two. If your push backfires, you've given up map control and you're down in the scoreline. So, it's totally understandable why you'd play that way in 5min replays. Furthermore, Denial had snipe at BR and sword control - so dream scenario. Why would you push if you have snipe?

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do we enter the draw for the xbox? I cant see it on my dash

Only shows up on the US dash.

Well, in an initial push, you're guaranteed to lose a player or two. If your push backfires, you've given up map control and you're down in the scoreline. So, it's totally understandable why you'd play that way in 5min replays. Furthermore, Denial had snipe at BR and sword control - so dream scenario. Why would you push if you have snipe?

I understand all of that and it's also how you would approach a 15 min game as well, if that was a part of your strat. However, I'm not talking about the opening push, I'm talking about being way too cautious in OT, which is only 5 mins...I wish teams would take more risks instead of waiting for the last 30 seconds to go crazy. You don't have a full 15 mins to sit there and try to think of a super strat to get one kill that may give you the win. It's like teams are literally playing to get 1 kill and win, it's terrible.

Denial vs CLG

BQoMtJw.png

VOZYxdg.png

Scores: CLG at 29:05; Denial at 25:02; CLG at ??:?? (stream went down), 16:29

k6ZOtUE.png

RXz16PX.png

Denial biggest lead: 50-42; CLG biggest lead: 23-22

*Didn't count the really really dumb 3-1 replay that happened. And CLG really? What a b*tch move.

yhiZqR1.png

lHHbWrk.png

Denial biggest lead: 172-84; CLG biggest lead: Never led

SQxDn1b.png

pjKMXU0.png

Scores: CLG at 16:05

UFhrEvL.png

OqMPlj4.png

Denial biggest lead: 4-2; CLG biggest lead: 32-25

ZyTaibM.png

kUyHI29.png

Denial biggest lead: 2-1; CLG biggest lead: 8-4

CLG wins series 3-2

i5CvbxC.png

Ue2R6rU.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

Either way, mikwen had some downright ignorant snipes, denial played great but I mean shit happens when you dance around top mid. That game should have been over after CLG was trapped 4 bottom blue.

If CLG wins its a true Cinderella story lol.

I understand all of that and it's also how you would approach a 15 min game as well, if that was a part of your strat. However, I'm not talking about the opening push, I'm talking about being way too cautious in OT, which is only 5 mins...I wish teams would take more risks instead of waiting for the last 30 seconds to go crazy. You don't have a full 15 mins to sit there and try to think of a super strat to get one kill that may give you the win. It's like teams are literally playing to get 1 kill and win, it's terrible.

Oh for sure. Once you're down, it's pointless to not make a move while time is ticking down. Unless you're somehow putting shots on ppl to get them weak (which Denial certainly wasn't in a position to do), you're only digging yourself into a hole by waiting for some glorious final push in the penultimate seconds.

It really sucks they were up big in Game 5 against EG, literally so close to Grand Finals with a spare set, to 3rd place.  :wutface:

Last time on Halo, Denial proved EG's mortality. Can CLG now step up to strike a finishing blow, or will the streak continue?

Find out now on Halo Championship Series!

:halo: