Antidope

Do You Veto For Game or Gametype?

Do You Veto Fo Game or Gametype?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Veto For Game or Gametype?

• Game
    • Gametype

After spending some extended time in the monstrosity known as the Team Slayer playlist, I've noticed that people will more than likely veto for game rather than gametype and I honestly dont get it. I get the whole "H3 sucks" thing is prevalent in the Halo community but are people really voting SMG Sanctuary over whatever H3 BRs gametype there is Sans Narrows and Pit? I dont get it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Personal voting chain:

H3 BRs on a good map > CE on a good map > H2 BRs on a good map > CE on other maps > H2 BRs on a bad map > H3 BRs on a bad map > H2A BRs > H4 > H2 non-BRs > H2A non-BRs > H3 non-BRs

inb4negsbecauseilikeh3

• Upvote (+1) 4

Personal voting chain:

H3 BRs on a good map > CE on a good map > H2 BRs on a good map > CE on other maps > H2 BRs on a bad map > H3 BRs on a bad map > H2A BRs > H4 > H2 non-BRs > H2A non-BRs > H3 non-BRs

inb4negsbecauseilikeh3

I don't understand this at all.

You like Halo 3 BRs on a good map more than Halo 2 BRs on a good map, ok this is fine.  

You like Halo 2 BRs on a bad map more than Halo 3 BRs on a bad map, this is a bit contradictory but ok, I get it.  

THEN of all things you like Halo 2 SMG starts more than Halo 3 AR starts... I just don't understand how anyone enjoys Halo 2 SMG starts.  Granted Halo 3 AR starts do suck... but at least there are a few more BRs and other weapons that are viable around on most maps.

Why do Halo 2 SMG/plasma rifle starts still exist?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't understand this at all.

You like Halo 3 BRs on a good map more than Halo 2 BRs on a good map, ok this is fine.  

You like Halo 2 BRs on a bad map more than Halo 3 BRs on a bad map, this is a bit contradictory but ok, I get it.

THEN of all things you like Halo 2 SMG starts more than Halo 3 AR starts... I just don't understand how anyone enjoys Halo 2 SMG starts.  Granted Halo 3 AR starts do suck... but at least there are a few more BRs and other weapons that are viable around on most maps.

Why do Halo 2 SMG/plasma rifle starts still exist?

@bold: Two reasons. I vote H3 BRs on a good map over H2 BRs on a good map because I find/found that playing H3 BRs on a good map was less common. In the time I had an Xbox and played MCC, I played BRs on the Pit, Guardian and Heretic combined maybe 4 times, while I played on good H2 maps a good amount of times. This reasoning doesn't apply as much to bad maps, so I'll usually vote for H2 in that instance, and because H2's bad maps are a lot better than H3's bad maps imo.

@italic: Again, the main reason I prefer H2 SMGs over H3 ARs is simply because the H2 maps are usually better. 90% of the time a vote between those two would come down to which map it was.

Priority:

1.  Anything that isn't AR/SMG starts.

2.  Game / Map

3.  Gametype (I'll play pretty much anything)

I have my preferred games and maps, but I will play anything that isn't SMG starts.  I would sooner play 8v8 Chiron with Magnums than touch an AR start game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I always vote Halo 1. If Halo 1 is not available, I will vote Halo 2 BR starts. If that isn't available I will vote Halo 3 BR starts. If that isn't available, I vote for stabbing myself in the dick. If that isn't available, Halo 2 SMG or Halo 3 AR depending on map. If Halo 4 gets picked I quit. If SMG or AR starts on a shitty map, I quit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I always vote Halo 1. If Halo 1 is not available, I will vote Halo 2 BR starts. If that isn't available I will vote Halo 3 BR starts. If that isn't available, I vote for stabbing myself in the dick. If that isn't available, Halo 2 SMG or Halo 3 AR depending on map. If Halo 4 gets picked I quit. If SMG or AR starts on a shitty map, I quit.

Pretty much.

It's not a binary decision. Depends on the maps and which gametype options are available.

In order of priority I try to vote H1 every time and only vote for H3 or 4 if it's the only option that offers a scoped weapon to spawn with.

CE on any map > H2C BRs > H2C SMGs > H3 whatever

so yes, i'm vetoing games, i'd rather play SMGs now than that atrocity.

I would rather play H2 SMG's than H3 BR's. They basically are both spray and pray.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Pretty much anything with BR's, if BR's aren't available then anything but SMG starts

Anything with a utility weapon > CE slayer > H2 slayer > CE obj > H2 obj > CE or H2 BTB of any kind > any other slayer > any other obj > every other stupid thing

Anything with a utility weapon > CE slayer > H2 slayer > CE obj > H2 obj > CE or H2 BTB of any kind > any other slayer > any other obj > every other stupid thing

I can do more damage ONLINE with my SMG in H2 than I can with a BR in H3 sooo....

GAME

• Upvote (+1) 5

I would rather play H2 SMG's than H3 BR's. They basically are both spray and pray.

Had to neg this one mate sorry

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

is it because of my british host

H2 SMGs was worse than your British host.

You didn't live the struggle. SMGs every day for months... The horror.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Personally

I find halo3 unplayable now. the connection and shot registration are worse than on the 360, the aiming still very wonky, and the maps&game flaws are even more apparent since im constantly playing ce and h2. even if halo ce slayer can get a bit bad, games are over in 5minutes MAX. Well besides very serious and close games which are enjoyable anyway so it doesnt matter. If halo3 brs on standoff wins the vote at a moderate skill level, the game is going the full 12mins. Its not going to be fun even if we win, its just halo3 players only trying to get an easy win.

Therefore when i search ts, our party is all on the same page, dont vote until after 1s past 0. If halo3 is the pick, its fucking gemini smgs. At least we can pick up weapons that actually shoot straight and control powerups.

halo2 smgs and halo3 are bad tho. Ar smg starts shouldnt be a thing. Ts is losing rank so it hardly matters now but Ce and h2 should have been mixed middle and far left with h2a and h3 being on the far right.

Oh and if ce was plasma pistol starts, that shit would be behind halo 3 ars

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only thing I will vote against is AR/smg starts.

Other than that I enjoy playing anything, I vote based on what I feel like. I don't really have a priority when it comes to games, happy to play all of them.

That said, if there's an objective option with non-AR starts I will usually vote for that. So sick of playing Slayer...