Sign in to follow this  
The Boss Haug

Your Favorite Halo Memories

I figured this would be a cool topic. What are some of your all-time favorite Halo memories? This can include anything Halo related.

My Favorite memories are mostly with Halo 2.

- Finding the tallest buildings on Coag to sword climb for hours and other random glitches for hours and hours when bored with awesome people.

- Trading in my xbox controller at a game store to enter a local tournament and then getting my ass kicked first round haha.

- Seeing the Halo 2 presentation when he picked up the sword and all the other stuff on Zanzibar. Blew my mind.

- This video:

......and Croyt's rage of course

• Upvote (+1) 3

Post-school Infection on Sandtrap customs with friends.

Also MLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My first memory of Halo was sitting down watching my older play for hours. It was Halo 2 at the time and I wasnt much of a gamer but I loved it. I would come into his room every few hours to check was he playing. When he went to work id sneak a few games before he'd come home. 

I didnt get my own xbox or become a xbox addict until the start of Halo 3 (although I did play alot oh H2). Starting off I was a scrub (although id end up getting a 50 in just about every playlist) . I could get to about 45 in Slayer. What I excelled at was Sniping and Swat. Which leads me onto my next favourite memory.

The Swat Community: Swat gets alot of hate for some reason. ( MLG 4 Lyf, 100% MLG .. ) People see it as a scrub playlist. I always just saw it as a different variant of Halo. I particularly liked it because I was good at it. When I got my 50 my next aim was to get a shit ton of exp in the playlist. In doing that you come across alot of the same 50s that play every day and you get to know eachother. It was alot of fun playing 50 high, getting to know all the other swat players. It was something I missed when I came back to Halo 3 last year. Swat was completely dead.

The Sniper Community: When I came back over a year ago, one of the playlist that were still alive, along with Slayer and MLG. I really got into the Sniping community and like Swat at 50 high you met and got to know the same guys. It was something I enjoyed. I also had a similar experience in Slayer, with the population low, you come across the same guys and had some very good 4v4 matches. 

I never liked how the community just kind of wrote of some of the communities if it wasnt MLG or HCS. Ive played a ton of MLG and it is definitely competitive and fun but there are also other little niche communities in Halo.

Having a 16 person LAN at a friends house playing H2. 4 teams, in 4 different rooms. Each team had to share a single piece of junk old school tube TV. Whenever a game would load some random jackass would press 'x' to cancel the countdown, and it was someone different every time. It got the host of the party so mad. One of the most fondest Halo memories I will always remember. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just the purest of fucking around in Halo 2 if I weren't trying to get better, and doing misc things like exploiting map design by breaking through invisible play barriers. Superjumps. Sword Flying. Bigfoot legends such as IWHBYD and floating interface panels. Making it to the bottom of Gemini.

Halo 2 is a massive game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My favorite memories were glitching and doing trick jumps with my online buddies, trying to get on the front page on halo.bungie.org

Sitting in h2 lobbies with your mlg buddies watching the events

The fact that my best friend on xbl was an old black guy, we couldn't of been anymore different but we were bros, it wasn't creepy he was a cool dude

All the fun and mayhem and toxicity in the various halo communities

• Upvote (+1) 4

I thoroughly enjoyed inviting new players to play 8v8 CTF on Blood Gulch and convincing them the Assualt Rifle was far more powerful than the pistol and see how many games it took for them to catch on.

And then 2v2 Warhog basketball on Blood Gulch.  Turn grenades to infinite, switch to stickies, and attempt to get your warthog into the opening in the ceiling of the base by sticking it with a buddy before the other team does.  So much fun

When i used to sweat really fucking hard all night without sleep for days. I was really fucking good and did all that MLG shit, naturally winning every game. Trying to get back at that level but that was years ago and I'm older now with priorities a job, school, doin my grown man shit. but enough about my annoying ass. Yeah Halo is awesome and i can't wait for Ranks in the hardcore playlist so i can become a loser again.

• Downvote (-1) 1

My favorite memories have been and always will be sneaking behind enemy lines and stealing the enemy's scorpion or banshee and turning it on them.

Also, H3 missile pod inside base on Valhala for Assault and One Bomb to protect the bomb pad. So much overkill in one's hand.

Getting out of the levels in Halo 2's campaign. "Outskirts" and "Delta Halo" were (and still are) my favorite levels to explore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember when my step-brother owned Halo: CE, and every other weekend I'd come over and watch him play the campaign, but I never played. He'd usually wait until the weekend I came over to play it so I could watch, or if he played it during the week he'd replay the mission just so I could see. However, he was having a real hard time with The Maw, so he asked me if I wanted to play co-op with him. That was my first and probably best moment with Halo: CE, going through that last stretch, being the driver and failing over and over until I finally succeeded.

When H2 came along we spent most of our time exploring the glitches and watching all of CMNeir's glitch videos so we could replicate them. I also distinctly remember when I played against my step-brother's (young) uncle, and I think he went to some tournaments? I don't remember too well, but I played against him and that was the first time I had any sort of serious multiplayer game, and that made me want to get better at Halo.

I think I had more fun moments in H3 than the others because I played it the most (and was the first Halo game I actually owned). I remember playing with my sister in Doubles quite a bit, and I remember a particular Doubles game where I dared her to only use the Flamethrower and stickies. I remember playing on Avalanche for one of my first times on that map, single-handedly taking out the entire team's vehicles, first taking out the Tank, then their Hornet, then their Warthogs within a minute or so. There was another time where I used the lifts on Avalanche to hijack a Hornet. I remember spending all day in the Bungie vs The World playlist. Getting my first Overkill Exterm with the Sniper on Citadel... Doing the Vidmaster to finish Halo 3's last levels, then later doing the Vidmaster for ODST to make it to Set 3 on Legendary on the last day of school on LAN (because we tried 3 times over the Internet and each time it failed, one time right before the final round).

This game series had a big impact on my life. It's really hard to pin down my absolute favourite moment in the series. I think it'd be unfair if I chose just one.

Playing full-party games on Halo CE PC (and eventually Custom Edition) every day after school for months with my brother. Race, CTF, Team Slayer, and any random ideas we had for a fun gametype. With the exception of Gears 1, I have never had so much fun in an online game for so long. It was so, so, so unbelievably good.

No exact moment, per say.

#1: Somewhere in the middle of Assault on the Control Room on Legendary, going through corridor after corridor, I had a sense of "I have never played a game like this before" - everything was just SO big, SO detailed, SO atmospheric...it was the defintion of "mind-blowing". The only other time I've felt this is roaming through the forests and fields of Cyrodiil in TES: Oblivion... zIgf7a5.gif

#2: Driving the Warthog though Blood Gulch, going off jumps, firing the minigun, exploring the bases, gazing at the scenery...SO absorbing...

#3: Playing a round of Rockets on Longest. I have never before or since played a gametype/map combo that balanced, that joyous. Not even Perfect Dark's all-encompassing Complex gives me such a thrill! B)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Inviting 6 of my close friends every weekend to my house and playing Halo 3 customs and Matchmaking.

Running a 100 ft ethernet cable from my upstairs bedroom to the downstairs TV so that we could 4v4 on two xbox's. It barely reached so that it was pulled taught and dangled in the middle of hallways.  You had to duck under it everywhere you went lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

- Staying inside all day on Halloween playing the Infection Playlist on Halo 3

- Winning mulitple local Tournaments against many of my friends and school mates.

- Staying up all night running custom games on my forge maps with 16 people

Could list a thousand things to be honest, played halo 3 almost every single day as soon as I got home from school. Loved that game

being in 5th/6th grade and having h1 system links with friends/any kids from the neighborhood who had an xbox.

When i used to sweat really fucking hard all night without sleep for days. I was really fucking good and did all that MLG shit, naturally winning every game. Trying to get back at that level but that was years ago and I'm older now with priorities a job, school, doin my grown man shit. but enough about my annoying ass. Yeah Halo is awesome and i can't wait for Ranks in the hardcore playlist so i can become a loser again.

Do you post videos to WorldStarHipHop?

If I really thought about it, this post would be enormous.  Suffice it to say, I have A LOT of really great memories from this game over the years.

Every day after middle school my buddies would get off the bus and come over to my house to LAN H1. There was about 8 of us quad screening in 2 separate rooms. We played everything from FFA, 4v4, 3v3, 2v2 and 1v1. It got to the point where I was so good we would have to make the teams unfair where it was like me and one other person versus everyone else. 

Such an amazing memory.