Sign in to follow this  
Moa

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Bug/Issue List

A great example of how broad the problems are...

Nah, Cortana just saw how dark Reclaimer was and decided to brighten it up a bit.

H2C Bugs:

- When you die, on your death screen you now see player's service tags. On the original H2 it displayed the player's gamertags, not their service tags. This makes calling out unreliable since while you are alive and aiming at the opponent you see their gamertag not their service tag.

- Trading kills was very rare in the original but happens very frequently now

Here's a picture of the BR firing from a dead player that ended up in a trade: http://i.imgur.com/3VCOTns.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is still no post-game lobby, there are no indicators showing how many people are in a party (like how it was in Halo 3), full parties are still matching lower ranked randoms and when players are found you can still see their clan tag which often has their GT, Twitch, Twitter etc.

Also I can't confirm this but I have heard some people saying that Halo 3 is currently on version 1.0 or whatever and the spawns and beatdowns are outdated.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is still no post-game lobby, there are no indicators showing how many people are in a party (like how it was in Halo 3), full parties are still matching lower ranked randoms and when players are found you can still see their clan tag which often has their GT, Twitch, Twitter etc.

Also I can't confirm this but I have heard some people saying that Halo 3 is currently on version 1.0 or whatever and the spawns and beatdowns are outdated.

I'd say the h3 on mcc is version 0.4 or so. But seriously it's terrible.

Also a bug is you throw two nades at once in h2/h3, idk about the other games. Happens all the time in MCC and (idk about 2) in H3 that only happened when someone had ping/connection issues and was extremely rare. In MCC it happens every single game.

If you quit before the map starts to load, you don't get a loss/penalty (I do this every time I match a real team and I'm searching solo)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you quit before the map starts to load, you don't get a loss/penalty (I do this every time I match a real team and I'm searching solo)

Yeah your able to quit out at anytime before the match starts and there is no penalty.

+ people are abusing the xbox one rep system, if you block someone you can't match that person..

and if enough people block you and you have red rep, you can only match another person that is in red rep. So a bunch of people including me are getting fucked over and can't find matches anymore.

Because they are to scared of getting shit on..

The game sometimes fail to keep record of picking up skulls or using terminals. According to the game, I've only found 12 of the Halo 3 skulls and 7 of the terminals. Because of this, both the "Witch Doctor" and "Leave No Stone Unturned" achievements failed to unlock

Nameplates can also fail to unlock. Deapite having the Audiophile Achievement, the nameplate for having all the audio logs won't unlock

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not but sometimes when playing Halo 3 I can't hear anyone on my team (when they all have mics and are communicating).

Recently encountered the bug where part of the Campaign map fails to load. It happened in the section of Reclaimer where you board the Mammoth after destroying the Covie ship. Once I get to my Xbox I'll upload some clips

The kill feed in H2C sometimes doesn't tell you when you or your teammates have killed somebody. It causes a lot of confusion in hectic situations. This happened very rarely on the original but is very common on MCC.

- Suicide penalty needs to be turned off in Hardcore in H2C.

- There is a bug in H2C bomb gametypes where you don't see the "enemy is arming the bomb" text. Happens very often.

• Upvote (+1) 1

July 8th, 2015 Update

Halo 2: Anniversary - Multiplayer

Miscellaneous

• If there are two or more players signed in at the same time, there is a high possibility that players won't spawn into the game straight away - sometimes there can be up to a 1-2 minute delay.

Halo 2 Classic - Multiplayer

• MidWar and Sanctuary CTF Gametypes in Team Hardcore have Flag Indicator turned ON - this should be OFF.
  • When dying, players are able to see the service tags of the other team - this should show their gamertags like classic Halo 2.
  • The kill feed is inconsistent and sometimes doesn't inform players of kills.

Matchmaking

• If a player blocks someone through Xbox LIVE profiles, they will be unable to match them in matchmaking - this allows people to block experienced players and abuse the ranking system.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Things still in h2c:

- Melees from above still rarely connect (for me at least)

- betrayals are still messed up (if a teammate takes enemy damage and you finish him with a grenade, etc. it should count as a kill for the enemy player but instead counts as a betrayal - same with suicides I'm pretty sure.)

- sometimes when running the flag by dropping and picking it back up you lose your weapon and aren't able to pick the flag back up.

- trading kills

- hardcore gametypes (I and many others have tweeted Bravo and he told me it requires a longer timeline? I could change the settings in 10 seconds.....)

- in game emblems. This one I kind of understand because many of the emblems in MCC weren't in the original H2 but seems like it shouldn't be that hard to fix.

- service tags in death screen as you guys mentioned. Someone told me mcc showed gamertags up until about the 3rd update but i can't remember. Not sure why they'd change it.

- sword blows

-radar is broke

- also does anyone know why in MM it doesn't show your connection bar beside the names when holding the back button like it does in customs?

July 8th, 2015 Update

Halo 2: Anniversary - Multiplayer

Miscellaneous

• If there are two or more players signed in at the same time, there is a high possibility that players won't spawn into the game straight away - sometimes there can be up to a 1-2 minute delay.

Halo 2 Classic - Multiplayer

• MidWar and Sanctuary CTF Gametypes in Team Hardcore have Flag Indicator turned ON - this should be OFF.
  • When dying, players are able to see the service tags of the other team - this should show their gamertags like classic Halo 2.
  • The kill feed is inconsistent and sometimes doesn't inform players of kills.

Matchmaking

• If a player blocks someone through Xbox LIVE profiles, they will be unable to match them in matchmaking - this allows people to block experienced players and abuse the ranking system.

I disagree with calling the block system a "bug/issue". If someone has a godawful connection then I block them. If they got rid of this feature I'd be pissed. Who cares if people block good players? Is someone having an artificially good rank really more important than being able to block people who are dicks/have bad connections?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

OG Halo 3 was like that, it's just poor netcode. You will find it happens on all autos.

I disagree with calling the block system a "bug/issue". If someone has a godawful connection then I block them. If they got rid of this feature I'd be pissed. Who cares if people block good players? Is someone having an artificially good rank really more important than being able to block people who are dicks/have bad connections?

Consider for a moment how many people would "avoid" you on the 360 for no other reason than losing a game. I actually have about 90% avoid on the 360.

Now, what would happen if that actually prevented me from matching the butthurt derptards? I wouldn't get games simply because I'm not a thumbless dumbass. How is that a good thing?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What the... That's an entirely different issue.

Players shouldn't never being able to block players from ranked matchmaking.

If you can't handle dicks/bad connections then do not play ranked.

every time i start up MCC and try to search, i get stuck in the "downloading latest data" screen. 

it never goes away unless i cancel it after a few seconds. then i can search MM.

but then after ever game it does it and i have to download the MM data.

anyone else having this problem? ive had this problem for like a month now