Sign in to follow this  
Moa

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Bug/Issue List

Could you get me a link to Bravo's tweet? 

--

Sorry for not keeping this as up to date as I'd like, guys. Been a little busy lately. OP updated as of May 21st with new issues for Halo 2, User Interface and Halo 3.

its pretty hard when they're are more bugs then things working

Old bug, newly reported.  On some H2A / H4 maps, objects will become stuck in midair.  I've seen this multiple times on Vertigo, once on Monolith, and also on Shrine.  It's normally associated with games that have some obvious lag (you can see the delay in the shield pop / HS notification in the video).  Not a huge deal, as you can still interact with the objects.

Just reinforcing the issues with H4 / H2A hit detection:  7 shots just to pop shields in a game that had absolutely zero other indications of lag.

Also, not a bug, but annoying when the host quits to avoid a loss.

Old bug, newly reported.  On some H2A / H4 maps, objects will become stuck in midair.  I've seen this multiple times on Vertigo, once on Monolith, and also on Shrine.  It's normally associated with games that have some obvious lag (you can see the delay in the shield pop / HS notification in the video).  Not a huge deal, as you can still interact with the objects.

Just reinforcing the issues with H4 / H2A hit detection:  7 shots just to pop shields in a game that had absolutely zero other indications of lag.

Also, not a bug, but annoying when the host quits to avoid a loss.

I watched that 7 shot clip. Your cross hair is almost never at a point where it's centered on him and there's a lot of your crosshair thats above or off of him. Which of those 9 bursts do you consider there the be 7 good ones? It's been a while since i played H4.. are all bullets supposed to land in when in proper RRR even if your crosshairs mostly off of them?

There were 2 really good shots at the end before another widly missed one, other than I'm not sure man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I watched that 7 shot clip. Your cross hair is almost never at a point where it's centered on him and there's a lot of your crosshair thats above or off of him. Which of those 9 bursts do you consider there the be 7 good ones? It's been a while since i played H4.. are all bullets supposed to land in when in proper RRR even if your crosshairs mostly off of them?

There were 2 really good shots at the end before another widly missed one, other than I'm not sure man.

Yeah, I'm not that good.

Regardless, shots 6, 7, and 8 were good shots (all three also have the HS dot on the frame before the trigger pull).  9 rounds should have landed with those . . . maybe 8 because shot 6 was high on the head.  For shots 2 - 5, there were hitmarkers on all 4, so that's a minimum of 12 rounds even if only one round hit out of each.  But shots 4 also was a good shot (just outside the RRR), and in the frame-by-frame, all three tracers are on his chest.  Even if I only got 2 of those to hit, that's at least 13 rounds.  Should be only 11 to kill.

The title would have been more apt as "13 rounds to break shields", but I was a bit frustrated and turned the game off right after finishing that match.  7 shots to pop shields sounds more significant.  I suck badly enough as it is and I don't need the game to help me suck more.

it's supposed to land if the reticule is red. He gets 2 decent shots that i would say is definitely at least 5/6bullets and got hit markers for one of them at the end; 6th-7th shot. And on the 4th shot he got none and the bullets landed. 

just looks like normal lag to me tho. shit happens in ce, h2, h3, h4, and h2a. 

Yeah, I'm not that good.

Regardless, shots 6, 7, and 8 were good shots (all three also have the HS dot on the frame before the trigger pull).  9 rounds should have landed with those . . . maybe 8 because shot 6 was high on the head.  For shots 2 - 5, there were hitmarkers on all 4, so that's a minimum of 12 rounds even if only one round hit out of each.  But shots 4 also was a good shot (just outside the RRR), and in the frame-by-frame, all three tracers are on his chest.  Even if I only got 2 of those to hit, that's at least 13 rounds.  Should be only 11 to kill.

The title would have been more apt as "13 rounds to break shields", but I was a bit frustrated and turned the game off right after finishing that match.  7 shots to pop shields sounds more significant.  I suck badly enough as it is and I don't need the game to help me suck more.

Haha right on, I didn't mean to call you out on the skill level but I never bothered putting in time with Halo 4.  I played a couple hundred games but never bothered to learn the aim assist, auto-aim, and bullet magnetism worked with the weapons. It sounds like a pretty dumb question.. "Are all bullets supposed to land when in proper RRR and your cross hair is mostly off of them" but I did genuinely forget. It'd make sense but I'm used to a couple games where that isn't the case. Despite the crosshair being red you still need to be centered, or lead properly.

So now I understand that the burst is supposed to connect when in proper RRR in Halo 4 in which yeah there were definitely at least 4 shots that in theory should have all landed and hit him.

Haha right on, I didn't mean to call you out on the skill level

Lol.  You can call me out all you want.  It won't hurt my feelings.  I know where I stand.

I console myself by saying I do well enough for first playing console FPSs (with H4, BTW) at age 38 . . . having not played a single other FPS since Doom and Star Wars.  Played several since, but had a nearly 2-decade dry spell.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol.  You can call me out all you want.  It won't hurt my feelings.  I know where I stand.

I console myself by saying I do well enough for first playing console FPSs (with H4, BTW) at age 38 . . . having not played a single other FPS since Doom and Star Wars.

That's definitely impressive. I always have to give props to the older guys who are still out there kicking some ass.

Just curious what brought you back to gaming and FPS in general?

That's definitely impressive. I always have to give props to the older guys who are still out there kicking some ass.

Just curious what brought you back to gaming and FPS in general?

I never really left gaming for a long time, though I was a PS guy.  Mostly played brainless top-down shooters, RPGs (Oblivion, God of War, etc.) and Madden.  But I got frustrated at EA - which I personally believe is a terrible company from a consumer perspective - so my PS3 gathered dust for 3 years or so.

Then I played four or five games of H4 the December it came out at a buddy's house.  Yeah, I know H4 takes a lot of crap because many compare it to the older games, but compared to what I had been playing, it was sheer awesomeness.  Bought a 360 the next week.  H4 remains the only game I ever bought for the 360.

This is part of the reason I'm excited about H5.  H5 will be a better game than H4 . . . and I loved H4.

The MCC taught me some of what I had missed - and I now rank CE as my favorite game (though I am not skilled enough to play much of it now that it went to 2v2).  So I also understand where the rest of the community is coming from.  But from the perspective of someone who was completely uninitiated, H4 really was an awesome game.  Which tells you how utterly awesome CE was, as H4 does not live up to the standard CE set.

The only point of contention I have with putting the past games on a pedestal is with H3.  Everyone says that Bungie started changing Halo with Reach, but I disagree.  Coming into the series with no preconceptions, in my opinion, it's clear the slide started with H3.  CE and H2 feel largely similar to each other.  They play differently, but they have the same feel.  H3 does not.  In fact, it was far, far easier for me to adjust to CE/H2C in the MCC from H4 than it was to adjust to H3.  I played CE almost exclusively in the MCC until one of the patches broke the game.  By the time the patches made CE work for me again, it went to 2v2 and I just am not good enough to do anything but die in a doubles CE game.  Also, I haven't learned all the spawn locations, so, though I do know the theory on how CE spawning works, I'm zero help to my teammate on any map except Prisoner.

Reach was step 2 . . . not step 1.  Of all the Halo games, H3 really is my least favorite (once you remove PoD from H4).

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Note: I don't know if this was just recently fixed, but in Halo 3, 4 and H2A, the camera in theater mode DOES let you detach and fly around the map. You have to let the game actually start after the in game timer and hit "Y" a couple of times. This works for Forge, custom and matchmaking sesions.

It's nice to be wrong about this.

I've noticed a glitch on h2c team hardcore that may have been in OG just wondering if anyone can confirm. On sanc in particular I've noticed sometimes after killing an enemy sniper after I know they have shot I pick up the snipe and it has full ammo. I remember this happening on OG on Beaver Creek with rockets I just didn't know of any other occurances.

I've noticed a glitch on h2c team hardcore that may have been in OG just wondering if anyone can confirm. On sanc in particular I've noticed sometimes after killing an enemy sniper after I know they have shot I pick up the snipe and it has full ammo. I remember this happening on OG on Beaver Creek with rockets I just didn't know of any other occurances.

It did occur in OG H2. I believe it is caused by the netcode or just plain network lag/packet loss. It's a bug but not introduced in H2V/MCC. However, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed.

I think its wierd bravo didn't mention a thing about individual game fixes in the community update today. I would hope some will be added in since it's been a month.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could you get me a link to Bravo's tweet? 

--

Sorry for not keeping this as up to date as I'd like, guys. Been a little busy lately. OP updated as of May 21st with new issues for Halo 2, User Interface and Halo 3.

Sorry it took so long to get you this... but here is the tweet:

So I'm playing team hardcore and warlock ts beats out sanc ctf 3 votes to 2. Loading screen shows warlock everything is normal...game starts and im on sanc playing ctf.

in-game emblem issue for Halo 2 Classic is being looked into.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think I've noticed something. Whenever I play CE, it never tells me my 'spree' in the after game stats. Says 0 for everyone.

Not really a big deal, but thought I would mention it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought they fixed the bug that would put members of a party on separate teams in mm but it has happened to me twice today.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man they are running out of time on this month's patch. Waiting until the last days of the month screams procrastination to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fixed Bugs in the 05/30 patch:

Halo: CE MP

H2A MP

• If Halo 2 Anniversary Forge maps have 450+ objects and 10+ players are in the game, it will kick people from the game

User Interface

Miscellaneous

• Turning on "Competitive Time" in Campaign doesn't work most of the time

All of these issues have been removed from the list - if you happen to run into any of these issues after the 05/30 patch, let me know. Also, if you run into any new issues, be sure to post them here and I'll add them to the list ASAP.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone mention the spawning late into games bug?

Specifically on my secondary xbl accounts on my Xbox I'll spawn 10-20 Seconds late into games. Very frustrating... Always miss out on power weapons lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It happens in H3 now too. First time seeing it after this patch. Played three games yesterday where someone on my team spawned in late.

Halo 2 Anniversary may as well lack split screen options considering how badly the frame rate becomes. I've had to quit ever split screen match of Halo 2 Anniversary I've ever played.

Yes, a big part of the reason i got this game is to Redo a Legendary Coop playthrough of H1-3.

But somehow, even though we kept trying up until about a month ago, every time we enter a h2a or h3 coop session, the game seems to run at like 10% speed and were always rubber banding and the hit detection is atrocious...for campaign!?

This was rly dissapointing considering how excited we both were to get the nostalgia back and do our legendary speedruns we used to do a few years ago, but this experience has been ruined due to these issues. And i know its not either of our internets cuz we usually have good connection and we played various other mp shooters that day after we quit, and experienced no lag in other shooters or games we played that day

• "Killed Most/Killed Most By" statistic is incorrect a lot of the time in the post-game statistics

I believe this was fixed in the last patch

• Upvote (+1) 2