Sign in to follow this  
Moa

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Bug/Issue List

I don't know if it's listed already but I feel like I'm getting killed through walls a lot on CE

that will be due to bullet mag, which has been listed

I'm constantly getting the "Dowloading latest matchmaking details screen" yet it never loads and I click cancel. Then I can play Matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 2 Classic bugs/missing features many of which were introduced from Halo 2 Vista ported version of the original game:

• field of view/vision angle is shorter
  • grenade aoe/explosion radius is different (higher radius? caused by field of view difference?)
  • rate of fire is higher for all weapons (might be related to 60fps, but this is still not how the game should play)
  • shot/hit registration is worse than in the original game (recently patched, but perhaps still needs improvements?)
  • melee/beatdowns are inconsistent (including sword lunges)
  • tradeoff kills occurs a lot more frequently (and with weapons that did not do so originally)
  • shield glow when taking damage/shooting at another player is weaker
  • motion sensor radius is shorter
  • game audio is a mess, glitches and has bad quality (glitching/surround/ambience/through walls/weapons)
  • joining custom games in progress does not work (might be a general MCC issue)
  • in-game emblems do not show (might be a general MCC issue)
  • in-game proximity voice communication is missing (should be made optional/turned off for competitive team settings)
  • original carnage report/post-game statistics most of which are not available anymore (e.g. shots fired/hit/%)

In addition, (I've mentioned this before both here and on Waypoint, but've never gotten an acknowledgement) Halo 2 Vista's viewport is drawn closer to the camera than in OG. It's a minor issue compared to most, but feels weird nonetheless:

1W2ZTmR.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

How has no one mentioned the bug where you can talk to the enemy team while playing a match.

MCC Enemy Game chat bug:

- Any title you can sometimes hear someone on the other team the whole game. This has happened so many times its not even funny. I would be fine if its proximity voice in game but its not. I have to mute the enemy players all the time.

Halo 2 Classic bugs/missing features many of which were introduced from Halo 2 Vista ported version of the original game:

• shot/hit registration is worse than in the original game (recently patched, but perhaps still needs improvements?)
  • melee/beatdowns are inconsistent (including sword lunges)
  • tradeoff kills occurs a lot more frequently (and with weapons that did not do so originally)
  • shield glow when taking damage/shooting at another player is weaker
  • motion sensor radius is shorter
  • game audio is a mess, glitches and has bad quality (glitching/surround/ambience/through walls/weapons)
  • joining custom games in progress does not work (might be a general MCC issue)
  • in-game emblems do not show (might be a general MCC issue)
  • in-game proximity voice communication is missing (should be made optional/turned off for competitive team settings)
  • original carnage report/post-game statistics most of which are not available anymore (e.g. shots fired/hit/%)

This please.

Would they fix something like no more trading kills though? I guess they don't really consider that a bug, I wonder if they would acknowledge something like that? It is game breaking for me anyway.

How has no one mentioned the bug where you can talk to the enemy team while playing a match.

MCC Enemy Game chat bug:

- Any title you can sometimes hear someone on the other team the whole game. This has happened so many times its not even funny. I would be fine if its proximity voice in game but its not. I have to mute the enemy players all the time.

Not a bug - that's an option in the audio settings. You can toggle between all players (all players using THAT setting) or team only.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In addition, (I've mentioned this before both here and on Waypoint, but've never gotten an acknowledgement) Halo 2 Vista's viewport is drawn closer to the camera than in OG. It's a minor issue compared to most, but feels weird nonetheless:

1W2ZTmR.jpg

Is it possible someone could compare all three versions of the game?

OG Xbox, PC and XB1?

Just want solid proof this is the case still.

that will be due to bullet mag, which has been listed

I thought it was connection based. Bullets have been curving into walls but as far as bullets actually making it through the wall that's a client/host issue.

similar scenario - different game which is an obvious plug

He's running from a player who has an extremely powerful shotgun plus he's "juiced" and has 4x damage output. The player he is running from is in the UK and the host is on the East Coast of USA. As you can see he dropped to bottom middle, but on JPB3's screen (UK player) he hadn't dropped yet. Lots and lots of bullets make it through the walls in these games, and it's definitely a host issue since bullet mag is relatively low.

Not a bug - that's an option in the audio settings. You can toggle between all players (all players using THAT setting) or team only.

How is that not a bug? That has never been in any halo except before and after games. Your telling me that it was put in there on purpose so i can talk to one random guy on the other team the whole game?

Why make that default. Honestly that shouldnt even be an option.

How is that not a bug? That has never been in any halo except before and after games. Your telling me that it was put in there on purpose so i can talk to one random guy on the other team the whole game?

Why make that default. Honestly that shouldnt even be an option.

It's an intended feature?

Is it possible someone could compare all three versions of the game?

OG Xbox, PC and XB1?

Just want solid proof this is the case still.

It's a little tricky to compare Halo 2 Xbox thanks to the wonky HUD in widescreen mode, but if you ignore the indicators and focus on the gun position:

Xbox

PC

MCC

Pretty clear to me that OG is the odd one out.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's a little tricky to compare Halo 2 Xbox thanks to the wonky HUD in widescreen mode, but if you ignore the indicators and focus on the gun position:

Xbox

PC

MCC

Pretty clear to me that OG is the odd one out.

y no compare the same 3 spots

Halo ce was very close to being in good shape before last months update. The only huge problem with the game before last patch was shooting on host was more difficult then off host, but it still is. Now there are a ton of new issues that where previously fixed. Assault riffle, shotgun, rockets, and pistol are all very inconsistant I guess due to magnetism. The plasma riffle was correctly freezing players before last update now it is broke again and not freezing correctly. I'm sure im leaving a lot of things out but game just felt pretty good before last update and now it doesn't.

y no compare the same 3 spots

No need. We're comparing how close the gun is to the screen, not anything in the level.

Like I said, it's a pretty minor issue, but the feeling of holding the gun closer to my "body" , as well as the HUD being closer to the edge of the screen, doesn't feel as good as it used to.

H2A and H4 still have the slow turn issue when using the Legacy stick layout. Bravo acknowledged it on twitter a month or so ago but its still broke.

I don't know if it's listed already but I feel like I'm getting killed through walls a lot on CE

Probably not a bug. If you're talking about getting shot within a second of getting behind a wall, that could be due to the way the lag compensation works. If they can see you on your screen, they will still hit you. When the bullet information gets transmitted to your xbox you're already around the corner on your screen.

Ive had an issue a few times in H2C where I check the score board and see its like 4v3 and then another time I check it its back to 4v4..

By that I mean some ones name would be shaded out (dark grey) as if he quit, then come back to white. Im not sure if they are blacking out or still playing all the time ...

H2A and H4 still have the slow turn issue when using the Legacy stick layout. Bravo acknowledged it on twitter a month or so ago but its still broke.

Could you get me a link to Bravo's tweet? 

--

Sorry for not keeping this as up to date as I'd like, guys. Been a little busy lately. OP updated as of May 21st with new issues for Halo 2, User Interface and Halo 3.