Sign in to follow this  
Moa

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Bug/Issue List

That's how the Sword worked in H2C. If you were close enough, it wouldn't do full damage and act like a melee.

Yeah I understand that because you are too close to do a full lunge but it really just feels odd when I use the sword I really don't know how to explain it.

H2A

Sword not killing at the first lunge.

Not too common, but seen it happen in streams too.

xboxdvr.com/kometinofthesky/939e1ad6-7357-409d-a3ae-70a72ca0ed91

Note: I was using the sword and the player who stuck me was the host in tha game, maybe is a bug related to the host player.

Flag Return Timer is Bogus

The flag return time sometimes seems to skip from 2 to 0, may be lag related but is not rare, seen it several times in streams too, mostly in Shrine.

Sometimes touching the flag didn't reset the timer.

Already in the OP :)

Also, Bravo/343 is aware of this topic.

[tweet]

Oh, only read the H2A campaign list, was playing a game while looking so only skimmed through, saw H2A and looked at if it was under it. :)

Along with the infinite ammo w/bomb glitch, ammo refunding occurs in H2A/H4 even if the host/server registered use of the ammo in at least one situation.  You must be off-host for this to happen:

Get two buddies and grab rockets, snipe, anything that will kill quickly (timing is important).   Have one buddy start shooting you; have the other stand in a different spot.  Immediately before Buddy 1 gets off the kill shot, kill Buddy 2.  Have any of you pick up the dropped weapon.  The expended round is often refunded.

My thought is that the lag compensation algorithm is used to register damage but is not used to register ammunition.  So if your character dies on the host / server prior to receiving the information from your box that you fired a round prior to dying, the lag compensation will give you the kill, but won't change the ammunition in the dropped weapon.  I will provide a video next time it happens (I've had it happen several times).

H2A

Sword not killing at the first lunge.

Not too common, but seen it happen in streams too.

xboxdvr.com/kometinofthesky/939e1ad6-7357-409d-a3ae-70a72ca0ed91

Note: I was using the sword and the player who stuck me was the host in tha game, maybe is a bug related to the host player.

This might be intentional - this would happen in H2C if you were too close to a player.

Grenades have zero sound after they're thrown.

Which title?

This might be intentional - this would happen in H2C if you were too close to a player.

Which title?

It's happening to me in 1-3, I haven't played 4 or h2a.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's happening to me in 1-3, I haven't played 4 or h2a.

If you could provide any game DVR clips, I'd appreciate it.

Might be, but get 1 hit Kill with the sword at melee range all the time

Just played for the first time in months today with a friend of mine.

It was fun but only because we were playing bad kids all day.

I shot a dino 5 times in the face and after he killed me I stood up and started screaming at the TV. In H2A kids eat bullets like they have nutritional value. If we weren't winning 40-10 I would have actually been upset. I couldn't imagine trying to play H2A competitively online.

Bug: In H2A your gun occasionally shoots M&Ms instead of bullets.

Hey @@Moa the Desyncing in H2A's Campaign might be common in Quarantine Zone, however it can happen in any mission. 

For example, this... (they speak spanish, but you kind of understand what's going on) Just like Gavin's explanation, the campaign fails to give the same checkpoint to both players.

The grenade shooting mechanics are so stupid in H2A. I literally accidentally snipe a grenade out of the air well trying to snipe an enemy. Nade took the bullet, enemy sniped me in the face... I was probably the most frustrated i have ever been in Halo. I throw a lot of nade, and multiple times every game they get shot out of the air. Sometimes in my favor, sometimes not.

Removal of the grenade hit boxes in H5 is a change i'm very happy about.

@@mierder

The halo 2 team hardcore settings are incorrect for sanctuary

There should be plasma pistols on map instead of shottys

And don't forget that flag indicator should be always off for both sanc and midwar. Also, not as important but turret should be off for sanc and suicide/betrayal penalties should be off.

Edit: they did fix sanc ts to be map default weapons on map but sanc ctf is still incorrectly set to no duals.

• Upvote (+1) 2

in that clip he was falling so he would have got the kill anyway even if he didn't get the lunge "bonus"

in that clip he was falling so he would have got the kill anyway even if he didn't get the lunge "bonus"

Not necessarily because I believe the H2C "extra" melee damage is only on an actual jumping melee meaning you pressed jump not just fell from some distance. This is why you can get a 1 hit objective melee kill on your way "up" after jumping in H2C. That being said I don't play H2A so I really have no idea lol.

Not necessarily because I believe the H2C "extra" melee damage is only on an actual jumping melee meaning you pressed jump not just fell from some distance. This is why you can get a 1 hit objective melee kill on your way "up" after jumping in H2C. That being said I don't play H2A so I really have no idea lol.

I don't know for sure I just remember getting 1hit objectives going down from the lift in one of the bases so I thought it could just be falling and it would make sense if it was just falling. but it is bungie we're talking about here...

I don't know for sure I just remember getting 1hit objectives going down from the lift in one of the bases so I thought it could just be falling and it would make sense if it was just falling. but it is bungie we're talking about here...

You could be correct because I haven't tested it I'm just theorizing lol. Also it could relate to the distance of the fall. For instance falling from one of the bases could give the game time to register the you are falling where as it may not have been able to recognize him falling in that clip. But again I don't actually know.

Hey @@Moa the Desyncing in H2A's Campaign might be common in Quarantine Zone, however it can happen in any mission. 

For example, this... (they speak spanish, but you kind of understand what's going on) Just like Gavin's explanation, the campaign fails to give the same checkpoint to both players.

I had it happen on whatever level the Heretic leader is on. We were able to overcome it by one of us standing still.

Had two things happen that I've never seen before today.

Was playing a game of Team BRs on Sanctuary and on my initial Spawn I had my SMG as my primary.

Second thing was that I was playing a game of BTB and I was on red team and one of my team mates was colored blue. On my team in the stats page but he was blue and there was no autoaim on him just like its supposed to be for team mates.

Tried to get a screenshot but he kept moving, in hindsight I should have recorded it.

The grenade shooting mechanics are so stupid in H2A. I literally accidentally snipe a grenade out of the air well trying to snipe an enemy. Nade took the bullet, enemy sniped me in the face... I was probably the most frustrated i have ever been in Halo. I throw a lot of nade, and multiple times every game they get shot out of the air. Sometimes in my favor, sometimes not.

Removal of the grenade hit boxes in H5 is a change i'm very happy about.

@@mierder

Grenade shooting is the worst mechanic. Worse than sprint.

Too far?

Spawn system in H2C is broken and not like og. It values team proximity over everything much like CE. In og h2 teammates dying or getting shot would devalue nearby spawn points. In MCC you will spawn right next to them into nades and crossfire.

Halo 2 Classic bugs/missing features many of which were introduced from Halo 2 Vista ported version of the original game:
  • field of view/vision angle is shorter
  • grenade aoe/explosion radius is different (higher radius? caused by field of view difference?)
  • rate of fire is higher for all weapons (might be related to 60fps, but this is still not how the game should play)
  • shot/hit registration is worse than in the original game (recently patched, but perhaps still needs improvements?)
  • melee/beatdowns are inconsistent (including sword lunges)
  • tradeoff kills occurs a lot more frequently (and with weapons that did not do so originally)
  • shield glow when taking damage/shooting at another player is weaker
  • motion sensor radius is shorter
  • game audio is a mess, glitches and has bad quality (glitching/surround/ambience/through walls/weapons)
  • joining custom games in progress does not work (might be a general MCC issue)
  • in-game emblems do not show (might be a general MCC issue)
  • in-game proximity voice communication is missing (should be made optional/turned off for competitive team settings)
  • original carnage report/post-game statistics most of which are not available anymore (e.g. shots fired/hit/%)
  • Upvote (+1) 5