Sign in to follow this  
Moa

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Bug/Issue List

the game usually sucks at that though. Id would much rather be able to control who is host.

I suppose. Double edged sword really.

ive also havent met a single regular 2v2 custom CE player with good skill yet that agrees to the 30 second spawn time being better

some are torn between nostalgia and better gameplay, but after a short discussion they usually agree that the higher spawn time gives the better gameplay

for 1.5 final there was a vote to change rockets to 2mins and it failed. and imo 30sec is fine. and another reason to have it 30s is to have the online version consistent with the lan version

the game usually sucks at that though. Id would much rather be able to control who is host.

in every P2P based game you can control who pulls host if you dig a bit into how XBL, matchmaking search and host determination works

Halo is the only matchmaking based game i play but i heard host assignation its a pretty common thing in CoDs MLG playlist or how its called, well that competitive scene playlist basically where you are said to play on dedis but mostly play P2P

this should imo not be on the list

having the rocket spawn every 30 seconds on this map is just utterly stupid

even the creator of the CE multiplayer from Derelict admitted that 30 seconds was a fault

ive also havent met a single regular 2v2 custom CE player with good skill yet that agrees to the 30 second spawn time being better

some are torn between nostalgia and better gameplay, but after a short discussion they usually agree that the higher spawn time gives the better gameplay

sure 75 seconds isnt perfect, thats true

but its far better than having the rocket spawn every 30 seconds

Bugs a bug. To debate changing something from the original is a whole other conversation.

in every P2P based game you can control who pulls host if you dig a bit into how XBL, matchmaking search and host determination works

r u talking about me? Or 343? Bc if u mean me... Im going to have to disagree. In halo 3 you could start a game, and somebody would join late and take host away.

H2A

H2A spawning is somewhat broken.  This is just one case where I've literally had an enemy spawn right on top of me (or I've spawned and immediately gotten an assassination off spawn).  i did not have this happen prior to the mega-update.

H4

Hit registration is consistently atrocious.

Note for the collages: the frame after the trigger pull is shown. But because the game DVR only records 30 fps, keep in mind this is actually 2 frames of recoil + movement. The bullet trail + impact on the opposing player shows where the reticle was when the trigger was pulled.

1. No 4SK on Abandon. In the collage below, you can see his shields pop after shot 3. No kill on shot 4 despite his head being the only thing showing AND hit markers showing.

2. 4 Shots + Melee = No Kill?

3. 5 Shots No Kill on Haven. Shot 4 was clearly a HS, but did not even pop his shields. Shot 5 may or may not have been a HS. Irrelevant, since shot 4 should have killed.

Collage:

tUS9sxj.gif

4. Impossible Melee on Haven. In shot 3, you can see credit for the kill. I have time to fire off another post-kill shot and have it detonate at the feet of the sword guy. Then I die. In the kill cam, you can see where my console thought he was at the time of the melee. Note that since I already got credit for the kill (which only the host can grant), there is no way my internet had anything to do with it.

5. Invincible Spartan. I 4-shot him to no avail. Frame 5 shows a teammate popping his shields after I die. Frame 6 shows a second shot from that teammate. Frame 7 shows a third shot (which also happens to be a HS). Frame 8 shows a fourth shot. There was yet another shot after that.  The guy absorbed 9 total BR shots, with 4 of them coming after his shields popped and 3 of those 4 being headshots.  There were no other signs of lag in the game.

Collage:

uPD04So.gif

6. 6SK on Abandon. No collage for this one because I got lazy. However, I hit him 5 times, with shots 4 and 5 both being headshots, and don't even pop his shields.

I did all of these on a single playing session after the mega-update.  I could have done hundreds since.  H4 shot registration on the MCC is far, far worse than it was on the 360.  And I played a lot of H4 on the 360 . . . 80,000+ kills.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2A

H2A spawning is somewhat broken.  This is just one case where I've literally had an enemy spawn right on top of me (or I've spawned and immediately gotten an assassination off spawn).  i did not have this happen prior to the mega-update.

H4

Hit registration is consistently atrocious.

Note for the collages: the frame after the trigger pull is shown. But because the game DVR only records 30 fps, keep in mind this is actually 2 frames of recoil + movement. The bullet trail + impact on the opposing player shows where the reticle was when the trigger was pulled.

1. No 4SK on Abandon. In the collage below, you can see his shields pop after shot 3. No kill on shot 4 despite his head being the only thing showing AND hit markers showing.

2. 4 Shots + Melee = No Kill?

3. 5 Shots No Kill on Haven. Shot 4 was clearly a HS, but did not even pop his shields. Shot 5 may or may not have been a HS. Irrelevant, since shot 4 should have killed.

Collage:

tUS9sxj.gif

4. Impossible Melee on Haven. In shot 3, you can see credit for the kill. I have time to fire off another post-kill shot and have it detonate at the feet of the sword guy. Then I die. In the kill cam, you can see where my console thought he was at the time of the melee. Note that since I already got credit for the kill (which only the host can grant), there is no way my internet had anything to do with it.

5. Invincible Spartan. I 4-shot him to no avail. Frame 5 shows a teammate popping his shields after I die. Frame 6 shows a second shot from that teammate. Frame 7 shows a third shot (which also happens to be a HS). Frame 8 shows a fourth shot. There was yet another shot after that.  The guy absorbed 9 total BR shots, with 4 of them coming after his shields popped and 3 of those 4 being headshots.  There were no other signs of lag in the game.

Collage:

uPD04So.gif

6. 6SK on Abandon. No collage for this one because I got lazy. However, I hit him 5 times, with shots 4 and 5 both being headshots, and don't even pop his shields.

I did all of these on a single playing session after the mega-update.  I could have done hundreds since.  H4 shot registration on the MCC is far, far worse than it was on the 360.  And I played a lot of H4 on the 360 . . . 80,000+ kills.

Added both these issues to the list, cheers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

UI:

When scrolling through the roster on the menus, if the roster changes (as new players are found or leave), the cursor (selected tag) gets reset to the top.

In addition to this, if you scroll down to say, the 3rd name in the list and hit "A", you see the little page with the options (view service record, xbl profile, mute etc).  If the roster updates while this is open and you hit "Career", it'll open your career since the cursor is now at the top.

Sounds complicated, but when you're trying to view service records/mute 10 yr olds before voting, it happens frequently and becomes a nightmare.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Remastered" audio sounds are currently used from Combat Evolved Anniversary rather than "Classic" audio sounds

That's an issue?

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's an issue?

Yes. The remastered audio is not only louder which gives away positions more commonly, but it just sounds... bad. The Pistol reload still murders my ears every time

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's an issue?

It is meant to be Combat Evolved multiplayer, yet it uses sounds from CEA. 

H2C doesn't use sounds from H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 2 Anniversary may as well lack split screen options considering how badly the frame rate becomes. I've had to quit ever split screen match of Halo 2 Anniversary I've ever played.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Okay, I see. If it's too loud, that's understandable.

Halo 2 Anniversary may as well lack split screen options considering how badly the frame rate becomes. I've had to quit ever split screen match of Halo 2 Anniversary I've ever played.

THIS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if this falls under netcode issues for H2C but the melee's from above don't seem to connect consistently. Maybe it's not actually an issue and is just me but it seems to lunge and not connect more often than not when coming from above for a BXR, BXB, objective melee, etc. Also, I haven't tested it but I've said many times that the sword on H2C just seems very wacky to me, anyone else?

Not sure if this falls under netcode issues for H2C but the melee's from above don't seem to connect consistently. Maybe it's not actually an issue and is just me but it seems to lunge and not connect more often than not when coming from above for a BXR, BXB, objective melee, etc. Also, I haven't tested it but I've said many times that the sword on H2C just seems very wacky to me, anyone else?

I've not had good luck with the H2C sword.  More than once it took 2 - 3 swipes to kill.  I've also been swiped with a sword and only lost shields.  It's almost as if sometimes it behaves like the sword is just a melee.

I've not had good luck with the H2C sword.  More than once it took 2 - 3 swipes to kill.  I've also been swiped with a sword and only lost shields.  It's almost as if sometimes it behaves like the sword is just a melee.

That's how the Sword worked in H2C. If you were close enough, it wouldn't do full damage and act like a melee.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's how the Sword worked in H2C. If you were close enough, it wouldn't do full damage and act like a melee.

Well color me stupid!  Never knew that.

when you crouch walk in h2a the footstep audio plays as if you are sprinting.  I haven't checked for awhile tho so they may have patched it in the last few updates

when you crouch walk in h2a the footstep audio plays as if you are sprinting.  I haven't checked for awhile tho so they may have patched it in the last few updates

It doesn't sound like sprinting, but there is absolutely no difference between crouch walking audio and regular walking audio.

It doesn't sound like sprinting, but there is absolutely no difference between crouch walking audio and regular walking audio.

ok that's right. idk if that's considered a glitch or not but it sure does ruin 1v1s

In H2A I still sometimes get no sound when reloading a BR.

Already in the OP :)

Also, Bravo/343 is aware of this topic.

• Upvote (+1) 1