Sign in to follow this  
Moa

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Bug/Issue List

Bug/issue list is live. Still missing a lot of issues that I need to add. If you want a bug/issue added, just post it here and I'll add it as soon as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The april 21st update caused magnetism to go out of whack even more.

see:

xboxdvr.com/Oh+for/ac593537-ab88-46af-a6a9-a805ac1b3e73

and

xboxdvr.com/JukkisP/2681b9e4-ea4b-47a4-9457-e0186ad31249

you can see in the first clip the bullet is being magnetized to where the person was as the shot was being fired. It should follow him as he moves.

Added the second clip to OP as it is a lot more obvious that the first one. I offered this description:

Bullet magnetism isn't behaving correctly after the April 21st content update

Is that good or does it need a little more clarification?

--

Thanks to everyone so far who has submitted issues/bugs. If they aren't in the OP yet, they will be at some point provided they are actually bugs/issues. Got a few wrote down in real life too that I'm looking into before adding them.

Added the second clip to OP as it is a lot more obvious that the first one. I offered this description:

Bullet magnetism isn't behaving correctly after the April 21st content update

Is that good or does it need a little more clarification?

--

Thanks to everyone so far who has submitted issues/bugs. If they aren't in the OP yet, they will be at some point provided they are actually bugs/issues. Got a few wrote down in real life too that I'm looking into before adding them.

yeah should be fine. tho they're both opposite. one attracts to where the player was when it shouldnt and one attracts to where the player is going when it shouldnt. tho maybe that is what happened, they flipped the switch for all weps! 

lol idk, nor does any of u s

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Halo 3's map loading has a higher failure rate than other titles

Not sure why but I feel this will get better with the Forge fixes. I could be wrong. Very wrong.

I actually don't mind the long pickup animations in the H4 campaign, you only got to see them once in the original game.

Great list. It would be nice if you didn't have to restart the game before each session. I'd like to be able to take advantage of the Xbones game resuming feature, but I usually have trouble finding games if I don't force quit and restart.

Dunno If I am blind or this only happens to me, but the parties splitting, especially in ranked, is still a buzz kill.

I partied up with HardVVay (hi!) and went into the new team objective playlist. We were immediately split up on H3 Guardian KOTH. New bugs for old!

Dunno If I am blind or this only happens to me, but the parties splitting, especially in ranked, is still a buzz kill.

Good shout, will add this one to the list now.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

HCE needs a total redoing before they bring ranks out in it. I cant wait for ranks in HCE but it will piss me off twice as much losing rank because of the problems.

Another UI bug:

When viewing career profiles and using the bumpers to navigate between players, the rank displayed at the top often doesn't update properly.

ie it shows the previous player's rank until the current player's rank loads in, instead of hiding it initially.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The halo 2 team hardcore settings are incorrect for sanctuary

There should be plasma pistols on map instead of shottys

• Upvote (+1) 1

Netcode issues for multiplayer should be listed on here as well we don't want 343 to have the impression that the netcode is perfect when they could still use some work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reading this list made me grateful for not buying an Xbox, yet. I'm seriously considering saving the money and upgrading my PC instead.

Custom forge maps continue to kick the entire lobby if you start the game with "too many objects"on the map. With 16 players you must have less than 200 objects, which is less than H3 forge btw. Whoever has party lead is the connection host which is unbelievably stupid. These two things essentially kill all customs. Don't forget that game chat doesn't work.

Can't change teams in game. Can't join a game in progress.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Custom forge maps continue to kick the entire lobby if you start the game with "too many objects"on the map. With 16 players you must have less than 200 objects, which is less than H3 forge btw. Whoever has party lead is the connection host which is fucking ********. These two things essentially kill all customs. Don't forget that game chat doesn't fucking work.

Can't change teams in game. Can't join a game in progress.

Got most of these on the list but the one I bolded is fine by me. People complained when H3, Reach and H4 didn't do this and now its back for MCC. 

Got most of these on the list but the one I bolded is fine by me. People complained when H3, Reach and H4 didn't do this and now its back for MCC.

I've been in so many lobbies that the second I've promoted someone half the lobby was kicked because of incompatible nats or something. This usually leads to me hogging host and having the download everyone's maps off of their file share. I don't see why the game can't automatically choose the best connection to be the connection host and have it be irrelevant to who's party lead :/

Halo: Combat Evolved - Multiplayer
  • The Rocket Launcher on Derelict has a 75-second respawn rather than the traditional 30-seconds

this should imo not be on the list

having the rocket spawn every 30 seconds on this map is just utterly stupid

even the creator of the CE multiplayer from Derelict admitted that 30 seconds was a fault

ive also havent met a single regular 2v2 custom CE player with good skill yet that agrees to the 30 second spawn time being better

some are torn between nostalgia and better gameplay, but after a short discussion they usually agree that the higher spawn time gives the better gameplay

sure 75 seconds isnt perfect, thats true

but its far better than having the rocket spawn every 30 seconds

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been in so many lobbies that the second I've promoted someone half the lobby was kicked because of incompatible nats or something. This usually leads to me hogging host and having the download everyone's maps off of their file share. I don't see why the game can't automatically choose the best connection to be the connection host and have it be irrelevant to who's party lead :/

the game usually sucks at that though. Id would much rather be able to control who is host.