Sign in to follow this  
King Bob

H1 2v2 Tourn.Finals: 2xBo7 or 1xBo15?

Hey guys,

I was wondering what you are thinking of this, Im talking about tournament finals of Halo 1, 2v2 team slayer:

Normally a tournaments' big finals (of a double elimination tournament (meaning everybody gets a second chance with a losers bracket)) are Best of 7 (first to 4), where the winner of the WB has to win only 1 serie and the LBwinner has to win 2 series (as the WBwinner also deserves a second chance).

I was thinking that big finals can be over pretty fast, if the WBwinner just wins with 4 games he wins the tournament.

So now I thought, why not make the big finals Best of 13 (first to 7) or Best of 15 (first to 8) and give the WBwinner an advantage of 2-0 or 3-0?

This way the final fight is longer (at least 1 or 2 games): longer enjoyable/more exciting for viewers, endurance plays more part and most important: a much wider variaty of maps can be played as well as those maps on both teams' hosts.

What do you think?

a simple bo7 with a bracket reset for another bo7 is more than enough. if the bracket doesn't reset than its w/e.

edit: i meant bo5. there's no downrush on mcc

advantages arent really good imo

the only case i could see an advantage being somewhat valid is if (eg in the finals) the WB team is matching a LB Team that they already beat previously

in general having a win counter increasement for the finals aint a bad idea, id keep it with a reasonable amount though like best of 9

otherwise a final just takes too long, especially for tourneys that are made to be played on one day this can become a bit exhausting for the two teams in the finals

@

WIth a best of 7 serie, if a full serie is played it means 14 games are played. So thats just one more. My point is more that a Best of 15 serie leaves out the  'if they win 1 game now then theyre champion' - as for the other team has to win 6 or more games when its 3-2 in first Bo7.., which in my opinion kind of kills the excitement

Edit:

@Bo5 edit. Best of 5 for a final match? So the tournament champion can be announced just after 3 games?..

Hey guys,

I was wondering what you are thinking of this, Im talking about tournament finals of Halo 1, 2v2 team slayer:

Normally a tournaments' big finals (of a double elimination tournament (meaning everybody gets a second chance with a losers bracket)) are Best of 7 (first to 4), where the winner of the WB has to win only 1 serie and the LBwinner has to win 2 series (as the WBwinner also deserves a second chance).

I was thinking that big finals can be over pretty fast, if the WBwinner just wins with 4 games he wins the tournament.

So now I thought, why not make the big finals Best of 13 (first to 7) or Best of 15 (first to 8) and give the WBwinner an advantage of 2-0 or 3-0?

This way the final fight is longer (at least 1 or 2 games): longer enjoyable/more exciting for viewers, endurance plays more part and most important: a much wider variaty of maps can be played as well as those maps on both teams' hosts.

What do you think?

No. The point of playing 2 sets is that in a double elimination tournament, the whole point is to eliminate someone twice. If you only play one set and the person in winners loses, that person is only eliminated once. 

It is actually quite unfair to allow one team to lose once and still win the tournament without allowing the other team the same opportunity. You are essentially punished for going undefeated by only being allowed one loss while everybody else in the entire tournament, including those who placed last, are allowed 2 losses. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

No. The point of playing 2 sets is that in a double elimination tournament, the whole point is to eliminate someone twice. If you only play one set and the person in winners loses, that person is only eliminated once. 

It is actually quite unfair to allow one team to lose once and still win the tournament without allowing the other team the same opportunity. You are essentially punished for going undefeated by only being allowed one loss while everybody else in the entire tournament, including those who placed last, are allowed 2 losses. 

0100100001100001011011000110111100100000001100010010000001101001011100110010000001110100011010000110010100100000011000100110010101110011011101000010000001101000011000010110110001101111

Just ask Colonpee

@Bo5 edit. Best of 5 for a final match? So the tournament champion can be announced just after 3 games?..

well we certainly should not play rat race lmao