Smythyyyy

What is the consensus about breakout?

should breakout be included in the gametype rotation?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. should breakout be included in the gametype rotation for halo 5?

Let's remember what we played was in a beta. It can be fixed and improved either by 343 now or us at release. I don't like the low shields and health as much as the next guy but calling it crap and saying it deserves to be in Action Sack(Like really?) is idiotic when it has potential

Halo 3 was better from a fan/community standpoint. I enjoyed it the most because it was the biggest and I think that's what a lot of people enjoyed as well. That is all that has ever mattered to me. Big events and good times meeting good people. Without that I could give a fuck. Lemon and patch are good at CE? Lol See all 4 of you at the CE events. lmao

Now that I have moved to smash, I don't think I will look back at Halo unless events pop up more, but I don't see that happening and the HCS is a joke so far

I don't deny that Halo 3 was the most fun for most people. I also don't deny that most people enjoy how big the scene was at the time. I've been to h2 and h3 events and I've seen both. The more grassroots raw style was awesome, but the production value and things you could do at the events during H3 was really cool. However, my priorities for my games, again, come from the core value of the game. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at the big events, but ever since Halo CE MLG has been increasing in population. It wasn't until reach did it go downhill, and each previous Halo had helped contribute to the next one's success and growth.

I know we're the minority but I'm sure there are more people here who would realistically make it to the Beach LAN than actually WANT to go to a Halo 5 event. The only people as far as I can tell that are excited for Halo 5 are the ones who honestly don't seem to care about the core mechanics or physics, or are at a caliber where they can earn money.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't deny that Halo 3 was the most fun for most people. I also don't deny that most people enjoy how big the scene was at the time. I've been to h2 and h3 events and I've seen both. The more grassroots raw style was awesome, but the production value and things you could do at the events during H3 was really cool. However, my priorities for my games, again, come from the core value of the game. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at the big events, but ever since Halo CE MLG has been increasing in population. It wasn't until reach did it go downhill, and each previous Halo had helped contribute to the next one's success and growth.

I know we're the minority but I'm sure there are more people here who would realistically make it to the Beach LAN than actually WANT to go to a Halo 5 event. The only people as far as I can tell that are excited for Halo 5 are the ones who honestly don't seem to care about the core mechanics or physics, or are at a caliber where they can earn money.

Oh I care about the core mechanics. lol I do a shit ton, but now it just isn't worth fighting for, but I agree. 

I acknowledge that Halo 5 is the future, but it's not my future. I haven't looked to Halo to be my flagship competitive game since Halo 3. I won't look back to another Halo again probably until I see some competitive team play that doesn't feel as restricted as every halo game we've ever received. Halo 2 had some great balance in team skill/individual skill.  I'd imagine that nobody here's negative opinion about Halo competitively will actually have any impact on a player purchasing Halo 5 or not. We know too much about it and seen too much of it for people to formulate an opinion off of someone else's perspective, no matter how abrasive their comments might be.

I honestly don't care at all about population which sounds crazy, but it's what I'm used to. I play way better competitive titles on console that is lucky to now pull in 200 people weekly. I'm hearing complaints of MCC only having 30,000 which is low for halo, but not for me. I never really cared about ranks or population, or keeping vanilla settings etc, all I want is a competitive game that has a healthy balance between individual skill/power and team skill/power. So when I complain about issues within a game, it's usually core issues or a physics issue, not the added fluff.

When the series continues to make the same mistakes, it's hard not to sound like a robot. Halo 4 being a good game is subjective just like me saying Halo 1 is a good game. I do have numerous reasons to back it up for me though, just like I'm sure you have reasons to back up your opinion. I just don't think tons of failed promises, lack of good competitive maps, loadouts, and cluttered sandboxes are good for Halo, let alone sprint AA's and weapons dropping from ordinance. The lack of content plus these issues makes it what I would consider a "bad game", but you may like the AA's and ordinance and find the maps to be fun for all I know.

I'm not quite sure how you somehow got from my post that I acknowledged that all I want to do is complain about what 343 does, even though I feel they often give us plenty of reasons too. I wrote 2 15,000 word posts explaining the depth of CE. I also tried to revive the Adopt a Noob program that was huge during Halo 3, but for CE, and helped a few people out before being fed up with the constant issues I faced while playing. I also put up $600 for a tournament that I wasn't going to compete in or knew that I wasn't going to see a penny back. Maybe this statement was aimed at the community in general and not me but regardless.

All in all, I think most people here do know and understand the direction of Halo 5. Considering each title seems to be going further and further from the classic formula, you can expect to see more people upset, especially on forums. I think the more people see others post that they enjoy or were content with later games that had lots of issues or changes, they get upset not because they simply see another opinion, but get upset because they feel 343 will get the impression that people WANT these things. Heinz' got tore apart when he said something on stream/video. I'm going to get it completely mixed up but it had something to do with the fact that he would be fine with no ranks in H2A as long as they were in H5 at launch, or something basically along the lines of "I don't care I'd still play it". The community took offense to it because of how loud and vocal they are about what they want, and felt that someone who is closer to 343 would give the impression that they would play something and enjoy it instead of play it for the sake of money competition.

Alright, fair enough that "only complaining about 343" comment was uncalled for when directed at you.

It's just I get frustrated when people admit to effectively wanting to keep other people out of the community because they don't share the same opinions. You just admitted to not being as interested in H5, as I'm sure many people in this forum would. Why exactly are these people posting in the H5 threads then with shit like the gifs on the other page? Fair enough if you're not happy with the direction H5 is going then that's fine. However there are people who are excited about the game and enjoyed the beta and want to discuss it. The attitudes of some of the people on this forum and systems like negging are just making the experience worse for those who are interested in the game, it's also not going to help at all with trying to communicate with 343 about what you really want.

Halo is an amazing series in no small part due to it's community. This is basically the only large community discussing competitive Halo and it's trying to push away new members and it sucks. I love Halo just as much as any other member of the site, the fact that I enjoyed H4 and H5 doesn't change that. I just want to discuss Halo without having threads be shitted up because I happen to actually be excited by the game.

Alright, fair enough that "only complaining about 343" comment was uncalled for when directed at you.

It's just I get frustrated when people admit to effectively wanting to keep other people out of the community because they don't share the same opinions. You just admitted to not being as interested in H5, as I'm sure many people in this forum would. Why exactly are these people posting in the H5 threads then with shit like the gifs on the other page? Fair enough if you're not happy with the direction H5 is going then that's fine. However there are people who are excited about the game and enjoyed the beta and want to discuss it. The attitudes of some of the people on this forum and systems like negging are just making the experience worse for those who are interested in the game, it's also not going to help at all with trying to communicate with 343 about what you really want.

Halo is an amazing series in no small part due to it's community. This is basically the only large community discussing competitive Halo and it's trying to push away new members and it sucks. I love Halo just as much as any other member of the site, the fact that I enjoyed H4 and H5 doesn't change that. I just want to discuss Halo without having threads be shitted up because I happen to actually be excited by the game.

I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but still:

Grow thicker skin. It's a fucking number

EDIT:

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD ACTUALLY NEG ME. I MUST NOT BE WELCOME HERE ANYMORE

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but still:

Grow thicker skin. It's a fucking number

The point isn't the number. That's completely superficial, I personally couldn't care less about what people think.

The problem is the general attitude some people have.

Also ironically enough, that neg was entirely accidental. It's really easy to do on mobile :/

The point isn't the number. That's completely superficial, I personally couldn't care less about what people think.

Also ironically enough, that neg was entirely accidental. It's really easy to do on mobile :/

It's cool.

Yes, the general attitude is bad around here; but honestly there is absolutely no reason to expect anything else.

343 essentially took a ~$500 shit on our chests, and we're all upset. Meanwhile, the forum is growing, and a lot of the new people here are basically just saying that getting shit-on is their fetish. Sorry, but that's honestly the way I see it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude if you were a Halo fan from the beginning (speaking in generality), and have literally endured being kicked in the dick a bit harder with each release - I think you would understand how some people could be a bit frustrated with the direction Halo has consistently taken.  Not saying anyone should make you feel terrible for liking a specific title at all, but when you come to these forums and see H4/MCC/H5/343 bashing taking place - its justified and expected at this point.

Dude if you were a Halo fan from the beginning (speaking in generality), and have literally endured being kicked in the dick a bit harder with each release - I think you would understand how some people could be a bit frustrated with the direction Halo has consistently taken. Not saying anyone should make you feel terrible for liking a specific title at all, but when you come to these forums and see H4/MCC/H5/343 bashing taking place - its justified and expected at this point.

That's not my problem. Bashing the games is fine. Especially the MCC, that thing is a massive disaster. The issue I have is bashing people for liking said games.

Personally I don't care, if you ever go to HaloGAF there is basically a meme about how I "conduct the bad opinion train". I am known as the guy with terrible opinions. It doesn't bother me. However I know for a fact that it does discourage others. Before I started posting here all I'd heard about the site is that it was supposedly full of elitist, "I know better than you" posts. I'm not saying that's actually the case however it has a reputation.

It would be nice if it didn't have that rep and that more people could be encouraged to come here and discuss Halo, instead of being pushed away. I just want a healthy community of people discussing Halo. This sort of closed wall attitude doesn't help.

Personally I don't care, if you ever go to HaloGAF there is basically a meme about how I "conduct the bad opinion train". I am known as the guy with terrible opinions. It doesn't bother me. However I know for a fact that it does discourage others. Before I started posting here all I'd heard about the site is that it was supposedly full of elitist, "I know better than you" posts. I'm not saying that's actually the case however it has a reputation.

Much like NeoGAF is filled with "Sony Ponys" and "Waifus"

I haven't seen a single post from anyone here telling H4 players to fuck off. In fact, I see people like Teapot attempt to explain mechanics indepth and trying to explain why games like Reach and 4 out of the box were bad games.

That's not my problem. Bashing the games is fine. Especially the MCC, that thing is a massive disaster. The issue I have is bashing people for liking said games.

It would be nice if it didn't have that rep and that more people could be encouraged to come here and discuss Halo, instead of being pushed away. I just want a healthy community of people discussing Halo. This sort of closed wall attitude doesn't help.

Within these forums - I have not seen really anyone bash a particular person, especially on a personal level.

There are routine differences in opinion though, and there are times when someone will say, "No you are wrong about (insert whatever)"

But I have not really seen anyone take shots at a person here - and if it has happened, the mods are quick to shut it down.

No need for ignorance.  But yeah, if you are an H4/H5 fanboy - you will be known as an H4/H5 fanboy, its not a big deal my man, just own it like you have been.

No one should be attacking you as a person - but your choice in Halo, thats certainly within the boundaries here at a "Halo" forum.

But we already ( kind of ) had it in the form of Extraction, which was the one and only good thing Halo 4 brought to the table. I would much rather see Extraction 2.0 than "Search and Derp".

It's only terrible because you got negged. People who cry about the rep system usually get negged the most

"You guys will probably hate the fact that I also really enjoyed H4."

​I honestly am envious that you can enjoy low quality kiddy games and feel satisfied with next to no standards. I couldn't do it.

Its easy... H4 has the funniest actionsack game ever- husky raid. It's hilarious. Is that game in MCC? It should be. Its the only redeeming game type in h4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its easy... H4 has the funniest actionsack game ever- husky raid. It's hilarious. Is that game in MCC? It should be. Its the only redeeming game type in h4.

Go home, Green, you're drunk

Within these forums - I have not seen really anyone bash a particular person, especially on a personal level.

There are routine differences in opinion though, and there are times when someone will say, "No you are wrong about (insert whatever)"

But I have not really seen anyone take shots at a person here - and if it has happened, the mods are quick to shut it down.

No need for ignorance. But yeah, if you are an H4/H5 fanboy - you will be known as an H4/H5 fanboy, its not a big deal my man, just own it like you have been.

No one should be attacking you as a person - but your choice in Halo, thats certainly within the boundaries here at a "Halo" forum.

I have to agree. Even when I am arguing with people here they never attack me and yet they always have some way of conveying their impatience with me...

We have that rep because 95% of the people who buy Halo and come here to discuss it are really into the story, fiesta customs and SWAT. We all enjoy those too but we are much more about the competition, talking about the pro scene and the adrenaline rush of live events.

I'm sorry if my GIFs hurt your feelings or came off as a "closed wall attitude". They were in fact my weird attempt in trying to show you something new. Something you might've never experienced before? A Halo 1 2v2 with your friends, FFA on Midship in Halo 2 or a CTF on The Pit in Halo 3. When I hear your greatest experience with Halo EVER is in the Halo 5 beta playing Breakout my heart literally crumbles into tiny pieces. I'm used to it by now but it still doesn't keep it from happening. It's been broken time and time again because each new installment in the series has been a massive let down to the Day Oners.

I never try to push away new members. Never have and I never will. Not even the full time trolls or the stubborn Halo 4/5 supporters. I am also a very open minded individual. I have considered all possibilities for the Halo franchise and what 343 has offered. I've tested it. Online and on LAN. I've experienced it like a hammer banging a nail into my forehead again and again and again. Nothing can change my perspective. Halo is a better game when more emphasis is put on map design than anything else. I believe a search and destroy gametype could definitely work in Halo. I just don't believe this will be it.

As others have said we aren't about pushing away new people we are just all long time fans, like 10 year fans, of this game. We want to protect it.

There is or it least was a simplicity to Halo that has been lost in many ways. 

Forgive us for doing everything can to try and get it back. Us here on this site know we are waging a losing battle as 343 is able to just release a game each year to flood the community with "their" kind of gamers.  

All in all we just care a lot

As others have said we aren't about pushing away new people we are just all long time fans, like 10 year fans, of this game. We want to protect it.

There is or it least was a simplicity to Halo that has been lost in many ways.

Forgive us for doing everything can to try and get it back. Us here on this site know we are waging a losing battle as 343 is able to just release a game each year to flood the community with "their" kind of gamers.

All in all we just care a lot

It's time to let go and move on.

It's time to let go and move on.

And you wonder why we "always have some way of conveying [our] impatience with [you]." 

We aren't going to let it go until the company responsible for developing Halo isn't trying to change it for the worse.

And you wonder why we "always have some way of conveying [our] impatience with [you]." 

We aren't going to let it go until the company responsible for developing Halo isn't trying to change it for the worse.

He didnt mean let go of your love for Halo - Just perhaps its time to find a new game to play.

Thats what I did - It blows my mind that I have not played any Halo in a few months.

Still love Halo, but 343 is going to clearly do what they want, and that leaves me as a spectator.