Sign in to follow this  
Shekkles

What is your favourite Halo vehicle?

Halo 3 warthog.  I was never into driving but my buddy was a very good driver and we use to tear teams apart in SS.  It's the only time I've ever enjoyed social.

Choppers for daaaaaaaays. That Halo 3 Double XP weekend playlist, 16 players Mythic Rumble, on Sandbox? My favorite.

Reach Banshee. Hate all you want, but there was a huge skillgap for that thing. A top tier pilot could win you a game, whereas an average to below average pilot could cost you the game. Until you've played 8v8 custom scrims and tournament matches with and against Gamesager you can't really develop the appropriate respect for this thing.

Second favourite would be the Halo 3 Warthog (I loved the driving physics), but I do believe that H3's vehicle health system was utterly broken in favour of vehicles, so I'd rather see it with the destructability of Reach vehicles, but the sturdiness of the Revenant rather than papier-mache 'Hog from Reach/H4.

I'd say there were at most 4 people in all of Halo Reach that had a Banshee to be feared--which says a lot about how high the skill ceiling in that vehicle was (and how strong it was once you approached that ceiling.)

As for the latter case, one thing I'd like to see is for Covenant/Plasma weapons to deal more damage to UNSC vehicles (as UNSC vehicles in general are built to withstand UNSC weapons) -- so rather than people attempting to shred the armor of a Warthog with the utility gun (be it Pistol, BR, or DMR), they'd try to utilize plasma rifles or such when a power weapon is unavailable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd say there were at most 4 people in all of Halo Reach that had a Banshee to be feared--which says a lot about how high the skill ceiling in that vehicle was (and how strong it was once you approached that ceiling.)

As for the latter case, one thing I'd like to see is for Covenant/Plasma weapons to deal more damage to UNSC vehicles (as UNSC vehicles in general are built to withstand UNSC weapons) -- so rather than people attempting to shred the armor of a Warthog with the utility gun (be it Pistol, BR, or DMR), they'd try to utilize plasma rifles or such when a power weapon is unavailable.

might add 1 or 2 people if counting nz and aus

For campaign, H2/H3 Gauss Hog with AI gunner and AI passenger with Rockets. It absolutely destroys everything when you can figure out how to get that Rocket passenger. I love the high speed, high firepower feel of it. I take on the Scarabs in H3's The Ark and The Covenant missions.

For MP, definitely the H4 Mantis. I never understood why people called it OP, and I always liked how it played on Ragnorok. I felt like it took the most skill for a tanky kind of vehicle, with no insta kill ranged attacks that also have huge AoE like the Scorpion and Wraith. It had lower than average short term health and highest long term health thanks to shields. You had to work for your kills but could wreck anything with it once you practiced with it.

I was always that guy in the Mantis who dominated the map in H4, yet I could always destroy them easily. I always won a Mantis 1v1 battle. I could DMR off the shields and kill it with one Splaser shot, sneak up on it and board it, or destroy it with my Warthog team. I loved the Mantis meta.

Warthog driving on Standoff or Banshee on Valhalla.

Host Ghost is pretty OP if used well.

Also H1 Hogs when crashing into eachother on Blood Gultch making eachother do barrel rolls was pretty awesome.