Sign in to follow this  
washedfrank

10 Years of MLG VODs on the Halo Channel

I would love to have access to every mlg event in the past 10 years on my console!! I'd even possibly pay 5-10 dollars for it, but making it free would be the best option for everyone who isn't familiar with halo's past.

I'm taking it the quality would be 480p? 720p?

I would love to have access to every mlg event in the past 10 years on my console!! I'd even possibly pay 5-10 dollars for it, but making it free would be the best option for everyone who isn't familiar with halo's past.

I'm taking it the quality would be 480p? 720p?

720p in 2005? You must be dreaming :p I think the best for '05 would be 360p "maybe", more likely to be 240. Then again I was only 9 years old in '05 so don't take my word on that :p 

As far as I'm aware though 480p came about during mid-H3 ('08) and 720p came late-H3 ('09/'10) 

720p in 2005? You must be dreaming :P I think the best for '05 would be 360p "maybe", more likely to be 240. Then again I was only 9 years old in '05 so don't take my word on that :P

As far as I'm aware though 480p came about during mid-H3 ('08) and 720p came late-H3 ('09/'10) 

I thought Halo 3 came out 720p ready, at least that is how I played it day one. 480p was available during Halo 2 with the "super video cable" of the OG Xbox if im not mistaken.

I thought Halo 3 came out 720p ready, at least that is how I played it day one. 480p was available during Halo 2 with the "super video cable" of the OG Xbox if im not mistaken.

It came out 720p ready, but MLG's videos did not. Most pre-Reach events can be found at 240p and 360p at the youtubez, there's some 480p, but they were towards the end of Halo 3.

I'd love having old&new VoD's on the Halo youtube. And if the new HCS tournament has long breaks, show hype material from those old events instead of community videos.

Tis a good idea.

The Youtube channels that hold the event footage are a mess, it'd be great for someone to go back and condense them by events / teams etc (obviously with permission and such).

PLEASE make this happen with decent quality, that would be glorious.

It came out 720p ready, but MLG's videos did not. Most pre-Reach events can be found at 240p and 360p at the youtubez, there's some 480p, but they were towards the end of Halo 3.

I'd love having old&new VoD's on the Halo youtube. And if the new HCS tournament has long breaks, show hype material from those old events instead of community videos.

720p in 2005? You must be dreaming  :P I think the best for '05 would be 360p "maybe", more likely to be 240. Then again I was only 9 years old in '05 so don't take my word on that  :P

Yeh, what I was getting at is if they have these saved on there archives straight from the capture card then it is possible they could be 480p / 720p.

Yeh, what I was getting at is if they have these saved on there archives straight from the capture card then it is possible they could be 480p / 720p.

This is what I'm hoping for.

I ran the live switcher during the 2008 MLG season. It would have been a dream to have gotten HD out of the system we used. 

I don't remember what we recorded at for rebroadcasts but i'm guessing it was NTSC 16x9. If thats the case and they archived that between events then you could get a 480p stream out of them.

Think they used the same system the next year, so maybe there could be some HD stuff from 2010 onward.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm curious about this because it means that MLG still has all the old VoDs even though they aren't available for viewing on their website (unless I'm incorrect about this?). What about the old gameroom videos that were uploaded by the users? I've been trying to track down MLG Gameroom videos for ages now to find old H1 and Shadowrun videos. If they actually still have all these videos I wonder if they would be willing to make them accessible again.

I was always horrified when I found out that they dumped the gameroom entirely and all of that content was lost. What a special place the gameroom was...I still don't understand why they removed it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would absolutely love if they brought back those videos. My local friends still talk about that game I killed Strongside with time expiring in overtime... luckiest kill ever!

• Upvote (+1) 4

so many incredible clips in the Gameroom, i was super-annoyed when they shut that down ...

Would be amazing to have this happen. If only they could make the h2 vod have better quality it looks like shit now lol

It looked like shit then too. We just didn't care. I paid $15 to watch events live even though I couldn't read the players names on screen. I'd probably be pretty mad if it was like that now, but I was satisfied at the time.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

It looked like shit then too. We just didn't care. I paid $15 to watch events live even though I couldn't read the players names on screen. I'd probably be pretty mad if it was like that now, but I was satisfied at the time.

Remember sitting in lobbies with your buddies and watching the events?

Good times

• Upvote (+1) 2

I ran the live switcher during the 2008 MLG season. It would have been a dream to have gotten HD out of the system we used. 

I don't remember what we recorded at for rebroadcasts but i'm guessing it was NTSC 16x9. If thats the case and they archived that between events then you could get a 480p stream out of them.

Think they used the same system the next year, so maybe there could be some HD stuff from 2010 onward.

Dude that's wild.  I worked for MLG during the 08 season as a ref.  I wonder if we've met?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would absolutely love if they brought back those videos. My local friends still talk about that game I killed Strongside with time expiring in overtime... luckiest kill ever!

I got a game by game update at work from I think Nick? I remember sitting outside during lunch when I first heard you tied him in the series, I was going nuts.

Seriously guys, this needs to happen. Especially on YouTube. If not, halo channel is fine too.

I've been dying to watch some of that good old h2 drama.

Not sure how I feel about this idea. Lotta positives for this, but there are a ton of negatives to consider as well.

...like what 

I'm still waiting on this answer...

If this were to happen, I would actually use the Halo channel for more than the .3 seconds it takes to turn off the Halo channel after discovering a terminal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude that's wild.  I worked for MLG during the 08 season as a ref.  I wonder if we've met?

insane!!!

I'd say theres a good chance! 

So cool!