Sign in to follow this  
Dark Link7

So why exactly is CoD Ghost known as a bad game?

I'm just wondering because the game is on sale on steam and I was thinking about picking it up.  I know pro players don't like it and the general cod community doesn't like it but, why?  From what I have seen, the game looks pretty solid.  So what is so negative about Ghosts that turns people away from it.

btw, sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread.  I was wondering if I should of posted this in the general gaming thread or the black ops 3 thread.  Do what you need to do mods if I messed up.

I've not played any COD other than MW2 so I'm not the best person to listen to, but as far as I'm aware the spawn-system is game breaking 

A few things off the top of my head, there is a lot more:

• Bugs and Glitches (Bomb Glitch, Spectator Mode issues, etc.)
  • Awful weapon balance, the Vector completely obliterated the metagame
  • Hardpoint & CTF Removed, Competitive Play was weakened by Domination and Blitz
  • Subpar Campaign with awful voice acting
  • TERRIBLE Maps. Infinity Ward chose to go with more abstract and circular/asymmetrical maps compared to the Classic 3-lane style of maps
  • So much effort was put into developing 'Squads' Mode that a grand total of 4 people used, whereas Extinction was a much better thing to focus on
  • Create a Class was pretty messy with a ton of Perks that weren't balanced very well
  • Scorestreaks were incredibly weak

The game isn't awful as a whole, but it falls short when compared to the high standard set by other CoD games. There is a sever lack of content and the content that is there has issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fast TTK was the biggest issue for me I gave up after day one because of it, felt a loss of power.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but everything was wrong with it. From the TTK to the awful fucking maps and the gun meta. They somehow even made the pubs boring as fuck. Although, AW is no better IMO though. Its just Ghosts with stupid ass exo's that turns you into a human grasshopper.

I enjoy it but it's not the most competitive CoD game. The TTK is super fast so you get melted easily. Plus, the meta turned into 4v4 vector and you have to pre aim everything to compete. Plus every other map besides the competitive ones are complete ass. Huge and terrible. Then there was no skill based ranks like BLOPS 2 with League Play. Kinda like Halo Reach's MLG playlist. 

Three main areas:

Looks: It looked ugly. It was brown, green and grey. Very little colour. The guns were all generic looking and sounded/felt similar. The character models were low resolution and poorly animated. It was just aesthetically very unappealing.

Gameplay: Same old same old. For a next gen title it was very disappointing. No decent new features, no decent maps (I can't even remember any of them) and nothing was done in a new way.

Competitive: Watching 8 player vektor matches is just flat out boring. In AW with the new patch there's BAL's, ASM1's, MORS, Ameli's and IMR's in the mix (though still dominated by the ASM1). Black Ops 2 has AN-94's, MSMC's, M8's and Skorpions in top level play. 

The same old shit, the same gun used by everyone and dreary graphics just make a boring game.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but everything was wrong with it. From the TTK to the awful fucking maps and the gun meta. They somehow even made the pubs boring as fuck. Although, AW is no better IMO though. Its just Ghosts with stupid ass exo's that turns you into a human grasshopper.

^

Aw actually sucks lol

Bo2 still best cod

CoD4 is the best man, what you smoking.

IDK, this is the only video game that I just straight up returned. Only played it til I was like level 17-25 range. There was like maybe 1 or 2 maps I enjoyed, I hated how the sniper was in that game. The score streaks were lame as well. Couldn't really tell you much since I forgot why I hated it so much. But honestly wouldn't invest in it at all. It just seemed really boring and repetitive to play, it felt like there wasn't really a reason to keep playing it for me, no incentives.